WP Trial 1

• ElementreeElementree
    May 2007
    WP held the first in the series of Trials yesterday at Derdesteen.

Conditions were about as good as they can get for a Trial.
    Solid 3-4 foot sets, hollow peaks, light winds and plenty of sun.

The Steen really did produce the goods and remained consistent throughout the day, offering riders plenty of ramps and the opportunity to score highly.

Some highlights were Houstons phat Air-Revo in the opening heats, Ian Krugers ball busting ARS(there were a few others, but i can't remember who pulled them, other than Jamie Higgins's mini ARS in the dying stages of his last heat.), Vaughn Harrris landed the sickest DK floater i've seen in ages...the DK boys pumped it. The women also played their part with stand-out performances from newly relocated Lize-Mari Ras and the phattest roll by,(now correct me if i'm wrong) i think Pamela Bowren.
    The boys had their work cut out for them in the sizey conditions and i have to give them respect for handling it with distinction-the future looks bright!

All in all some top class Bodyboarding was seen. Being a local i was stoked to see that the majority of surfers gave the Trial respect by staying clear of the contest area, despite conditions being so good-big up to the stand ups and other wave-riders!

I feel the burn i'm gonna get for saying that, but heck i feel it's worth mentioning! :lol:

Western Province Bodyboarding Association 1,535 views

7 Replies

• Spy Dude
    May 2007
    yeah the banks are good at moment.

This was the day before the trials... saturday.... and i missed it but scored somewhere else later even better :twisted:

Image00011.jpg

Image00001.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Image00019.jpg

Image00020.jpg
  • ElementreeElementree
    May 2007
    Damn you Spy...now it's gonna get more crowds, but they'll have to jossel with me...saying it was good is one thing to show them how good another thing altogether!

Good pic's though...the comp was the same conditions.

Hush, hush on where i scored Saturday...mums the word!
  • koslovski001
    May 2007
    :lol: was at derdes on saterday and these pics dont do justic to what was coming throuhg... when u see a surfer drop in standing up in the barrel and as it closes out it spits... then u know its good.

there should be more good swell coming soon.
  • Spy Dude
    May 2007
    you mean something like this.....

was gonna post it earlier but was wary cos i might get shot down in flames by certain moderators.......

Image00018.jpg
  • peterbee
    May 2007
    What was the paddle like?
  • ElementreeElementree
    May 2007
    peterbee wrote:
    What was the paddle like?

:lol: Fun!!! :lol:

Depending on whether or not you got stuck it was about a 10 minute slog, ducking plenty of sets, hoping for a lull...like i say fun.
    Friday was meaner...i watched a stand-up paddle for 30mins, he must have ducked about 30 waves and just before he got to the backline he was pounded by some freak sets...he stuck with it and i can only imagine he had a cooking surf. :lol:
  • koslovski001
    May 2007
    I dont realy blame you for not wanting post the pic.... its not as if derdes isn't crowded enough.

I was one of the lucky few that managed to get a break in between the sets and paddeled pretty much strate to the back... saving loads of energy to pounded by the freak sets.
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.