SIXTY40 Subscription!

• SmTSmT
    May 2007
    :D Yes please! Subscriptions now available from Factory 7!
    I've got mine, now lets see who puts there money where there mouth is, if you get a subscription then add your name to this Topic!

Sixty40 Bodyboarding Magazine 6,479 views

53 Replies

• Pi bodyboardsPi bodyboards
    May 2007
    sixt40 all the way!!!!!!
  • VaughanVaughan
    May 2007
    What's this about subscribing to sixty40? More info please...
  • Ian
    May 2007
    New SA Bodyboarding mag...thats whats happening..

subscribe now or forever hold your peace!

should be amazing....

ian
  • puku
    May 2007
    woo hoo just got my subscription! plus a sweet nomad tee! factory 7 rocks man!
    out of interest who is invovled with the mag?
  • SmTSmT
    May 2007
    :D Stoked Puku, knew you'd be one of the first!
    So the count at the moment is :
    Me and you!
    Hope this changes soon???
    C'mon people, get your sub and come add your name to the list!

Guys involved in the mag include:
    Ian Kruger, Sam Kamffer, Michel Dei Cont and a few other brave men!
  • puku
    May 2007
    ha ha SMT! now we should take a moment for ourselves, bow down bow down lol!
    ah those guys are doing a grand thing for us! a grand, grand thing!
  • BB4life
    May 2007
    Add my name to that list, lank amped... C'mon, get with it people!

Whats the vibes like with contributions to the mag?
  • ch4os_
    May 2007
    lets just hope it doesnt go sour like Logic :(

guys im willing to help with the design of the mag at like no cost or anything just to help support you guys!

send me an email and let me know

[email protected]
  • sampisampi
    May 2007
    We are here to stay. The people involved with this are all professionals in their fields... designers, writers etc.

Gareth / ch4os_ I remember you; you once submitted some designs for the 'I am Evals" comp when I still owned Evals. Good stuff.

More information concerning contributions will be up on the site soon and yes they will be more than welcome. A note concerning this; if you feel like you might have a shot/photo that has what it takes to get into the magazine please don't post it on http://www.sixty40.co.za Send to us for review first. Shots that have run on http://www.sixty40.co.za will not be put into consideration for print.

Contact Ian Kruger at [email protected] to get a photographers rate card or if you are interested in advertising.

Thanks for the support!

Issue 1 will be out by the end of the month (May).
  • ch4os_
    May 2007
    sampi wrote:
    We are here to stay. The people involved with this are all professionals in their fields... designers, writers etc.

Gareth / ch4os_ I remember you; you once submitted some designs for the 'I am Evals" comp when I still owned Evals. Good stuff.

More information concerning contributions will be up on the site soon and yes they will be more than welcome. A note concerning this; if you feel like you might have a shot/photo that has what it takes to get into the magazine please don't post it on http://www.sixty40.co.za Send to us for review first. Shots that have run on http://www.sixty40.co.za will not be put into consideration for print.

Contact Ian Kruger at [email protected] to get a photographers rate card or if you are interested in advertising.

Thanks for the support!

Issue 1 will be out by the end of the month (May).

yup thats me, and ive improved ten fold from those days :D

so drop me a email if u want any advertising stuff done, im more than willing to help u guys start out!
  • bbuh
    May 2007
    hey...

just a question.... i want to subscribe to the mag but dont have a credit card, prob like a few of us...so how would i subscribe to the mag? would i have to wait for the first issue to come out before i do?
    thanks
  • SmTSmT
    May 2007
    Check out factory7, they give you different payment options, so there's no excuse!
    Keep it up guys and girls!
  • ElementreeElementree
    May 2007
    Gareth Wheeler...always nice to meet a name sake.

One that sounds familiar...dude where you from in Slaapstad?

I also don't have a C.Card...maybe F7 could work something out, like maybe we could deposit the cash into their account(EFT).

Everyone i've spoken too about the mag is amped and rightly so...how could something as awesome as S.A Bodyboarding not have a voice?

Shot Ian, Sampi and Mike...

Peace
    G.
  • KellyKelly
    May 2007
    Elementree wrote:
    I also don't have a C.Card...maybe F7 could work something out, like maybe we could deposit the cash into their account(EFT).

You don't need a credit card to shop online.

http://www.factory7.co.za payment options for South African customers include:
      Cash on Delivery (COD)*
      Credit Card
      Bank Trasfer (EFT) or Deposit
      [/list:u]

For International customers:
      Credit Card
      Bank Trasfer (EFT) or Deposit
      [/list:u]

*For subscriptions, we're excluding the COD payment option as it will cost you an extra R15 which we'd need to pass onto you guys so we're trying to keep it simple.

Additionally I will be putting up a subscription form so you can complete and post a cheque in.
  • byron777
    May 2007
    add my name boys and girls i have just subscribed,stoked!
  • ch4os_
    May 2007
    Elementree wrote:
    Gareth Wheeler...always nice to meet a name sake.

One that sounds familiar...dude where you from in Slaapstad?

bberg area
  • Dustin.WeberDustin.Weber
    May 2007
    I'm in, just got my subscription
  • hof
    May 2007
    i'm in. stoked.
  • ADD
    May 2007
    Done and Dusted, Subscribed..
  • ChilternburtChilternburt
    May 2007
    i'll be added to the list as soon as bloody FNB online comes back online, and i'll be the 1st UK subscriber...
    £15 is not bad for SA's newest mag..
  • ElementreeElementree
    May 2007
    15 Squid is 3 hours work on minimum wage dude, so you are right to say it's peanuts!

:lol:
  • scroffmeister
    May 2007
    OK, all done, subscribed and eagerly awaiting the first issue to drop through the letter box here in sunny Surrey.
    May 2007
    scroffmeister wrote:
    OK, all done, subscribed and eagerly awaiting the first issue to drop through the letter box here in sunny Surrey.

Bro i live in surrey, and there is nothing Sunny about it today..
  • scroffmeister
    May 2007
    Ha ha well I guess that just depends.I am in Kingston at the mo and will admit its dull and dreary, on the plus side scored good waves at Croyde this weekend. We must make a plan to hit the coast sometime.
    May 2007
    yea man, i just a brand new board from Darrel Nelson, so keen to get wet...
    you got a car?
    plus we can always meet up with pommie..
  • scroffmeister
    May 2007
    Yeah I got car, head down every weekend, mostly Cornwall but sometimes head on over to Devon as there are some good waves out that way. This Sat is looking good for the Bournmouth area , decent enough swell in the channel and the winds are looking good. Will defo be in Cornwall though for the bank holiday weekend, possibly checking out south and north coasts.
  • Elianderthehateful
    May 2007
    So I guess I'm cool now cos I subscribed...right?
  • SmTSmT
    May 2007
    :lol: Stoked guys, keep the names coming!
    You're cool enough if you're on this site but extra cool if you suscribe to the mag if that's what you want to be???
    Anyway, spread the word and lets get the Mag off to a good start!!!
  • krukru
    May 2007
    hey everyone,

Just wanted to say a big THANKS for the support so far. You guy's are supporting and you haven't seen the product yet, good times. Let's keep the ball rolling. Mag will be out sooner than you think...
    May 2007
    finally FNB is back online and now i am officially a subscriber.. in London..
  • VaughanVaughan
    May 2007
    I'm in. Lets support this one guys.

Tell everyone you know about the mag, buy copies for your mates, e-mail everyone you know who owns a bodyboard, or has ever caught a foamy to the beach on holiday.

The only way things like this can survive, is if we support them - but I guess I'm preaching to the converted already.
  • JmoJmo
    May 2007
    Count me in.
    Supporting F7 and Sixty40 mag in 1 sweet transaction.
    Bring it on!

Jmo out
  • Marthinus
    May 2007
    Subscribed.
  • ch4os_
    May 2007
    will there be any goodies later on when u subscribe like a free cap or lanyard or whatever like the Zag?
  • JdV
    May 2007
    I have subscribed!Looking forward to the first issue.
    Thanks Sean. P.S. Sean, maybe you should post a list of all the people you organised subscriptions for,seeing as all 23 of them probably won't get around to it.
  • SmTSmT
    May 2007
    :D here's a list of some new subscribers-
    1.Jared Schafer
    2.Matt Kieser
    3.Jason Duvenage
    4.Wes Van Blerk
    5.Jake Rosenberg
    6.Jeff Davies
    7.Cracker
    8.Iain Campbell
    9.Peter Oberholzer
    10.Matthew Oberholzer
    11.Mark Watts
    12.Oros
    13.Stuart Bradford
    14.Chris Green
    15.Brad Conlong
    16.Dane Lott
    17.Tyler McDonald
    18.Wayne Du Preez
    19.Alister Reid
    20.Craig Lahee
    21.Tim Singh
    22.Rat
    23.Rylin Richardson

C'mon guys,haven't seen any names added for a while now???
    Super amped to get my first issue!
  • ElementreeElementree
    May 2007
    I also subscribed...

and i've already bought two copies and given them away!
    May 2007
    oi why is my name not on that list...

Michael McGlone (UK)

hehehe
  • dcmike
    May 2007
    That's Mr Tickner's private collection - This oke has been rustling up his mates, getting the cash and subscribing for them! Insane bro! Thank you!
  • hugh grant
    May 2007
    Subscribed yo!!
  • JdV
    May 2007
    I got my issue in the post today!So mental,well done guys!
  • KellyKelly
    May 2007
    You'd think I'd get my copy first!!! LOL

Got the mocks but the printed version is always so much sweeter - which is why everyone wants a magazine hey - quality which only print can deliver. There are some really good shots which I've seen on screen so can't wait for my copy!

Anyway - will just quickly say shot for all the feedback you guys have been posting. Ian, Sampi, Mike & Larah have been stoked with all the comments which are really appreciated - mostly positive but constructive is always good. They're busying trying to make sure that the mag makes it out to everyone but if it is not in your local stores then please ask the store owner to get it in ... they can find their local reps details on the "> Magazine > Retail Orders" page.

The guys have also moved onto issue #2 in the meantime and looking to improve on a well received first release.

Please spread the word - we hope this is a magazine which you'll want to collect.
  • SmTSmT
    May 2007
    :D Haha, same with me Kelly, I had to borrow Oros's copy to check it out, still waiting to get my own so I can read it over and over again!
    It's definitely been worth the wait, all I can say is keep up the good work, getting amped up for the next issue already!!!
    Good job guys ( and Girl), keep it up!
  • DarkhorseDarkhorse
    May 2007
    ah man, wen they gonna hit cape town post boxes!
    i want mine!
    at my doorstep.
    hehe
    lank amped
    has anyone else in CT got theirs yet?
  • Jared HoustonJared Houston
    May 2007
    yeah bruce i got mine..they were selling at the beach yesterday,they are insane..i told ian i love him..hahaha..

and sam for that matter,no but seriously it is too sick!
  • that NINJA kid
    May 2007
    Add me to the list boys and girls!

The jealousy!

Saw my roommates lying round in the plastic, realised I'd kept forgetting to get my ass in gear and I was dying to tear it open but I couldn't cos I know how pissed I'd be...

Anyway, everyone's telling me how sick it is and I'm stoked...
  • JmoJmo
    May 2007
    Nah, I'm also waiting for mine.
    I'm bleak that okes can buy the mag in the shop before the subscribers get their copies...
    :?
  • dcmike
    May 2007
    Yeah, apologies to all you poor committed spongers that keep staring into an empty post box... We did send out to all subscribers a week ahead but it's evident we need to allow for longer with the local postal system and we'll make sure you get 'em on or ahead of time in future - keep the faith, the swell will arrive!
  • krukru
    May 2007
    I would like to mimic Mike's sentiment. Our faith in the South African postal service was obviously unfounded (What a surprise.) Our apologies, we do hope that once it arrives it meets with approval. Thanks for the understanding and don't worry, our only aim is to make it bigger and better next time round.
  • Mangaz17
    December 2007
    hey is it possible to get a subcription from NZ?
  • dcmike
    December 2007
    Ahoy Mangaz
    Cool to hear the ex pats in Kiwiland are amped to get SA's finest! Yeah you can get an international subscription at R170-00 for 4 issues (1 year). You can either subscribe by downloading the subscription form. Go to the magazine menu>subscribe in the left hand menu bar or order online at http://www.factory7.co.za.
    Keep on charging!
  • MichelleDaniels
    January 2008
    Soooo stoked to get mine(subsription) this last weekend! Now too amped to get it.
    R70 is cheap guys--Wooee, I wish our mags were that reasonable!
    Even with the added postage for International, it is still reasonably priced :shock:
  • iammonster
    March 2009
    yeah yeah renewed my sub through factory 7!!!

Probably the easiest thing Ive ever done! And `I still cant get over how ridiculously cheap it is!!!

Hows that list of subscribers coming??

SOOOOO AMPED for the next issue!!!
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.