Portugal.

• ollie69
    October 2006
    Hi Guys

Im looking to Hit Portugal for a Surf before the Edinburgh Winter kills me for another 5 month Stretch!

Any Info/ guidance would be appreciated.

Sean

Travel 1,194 views

2 Replies

• Chinnychinchin
    October 2006
    Hey dude Portugal ROCKS.....what a kiff place to go surf. I was doing the London thing and got a really cheap holiday deal to the Algarve, stayed in Albuferia (a rather cheesy place, with wwwaaayyy to many hotels!), got a hire car and drove from there to the Atlantic side every morning for the dawnie. It was in Spring so the weather/water was warm enough for a shortie on the sunny days and a 2/3mm fullsuit on the colder days, hardly any locals cause there are ssssooooo many spots to surf, but the locals I did meet in the water were really nice people. Get yourself a copy of "The Storm rider guide", that has maps of all the spots, get a cheap deal, a hire car and just go do some exploring!!!!!! I'd go back there in a heartbeat.....Portugal rocks!!

Silves is a kiff little town with a castle and a fresh produce market to do the tourist thing, Portimao (Praia da Rocha), nice banks if there is swell, Lagos, got a nice point break for about 3hours, and many, many more spots, glassy, uncrowded beach breaks...... just go!
  • scroffmeister
    October 2006
    I agree, Portugal is amazing. When the UK surf gets rubbish then its off to Portugal for me, hire a car and drive around, finding your own places is all part of the deal isnt it.

The Locals are mellow and friendly, managing to get by with my pigeon Portugese it was amazing that they could even understand me.

Stormrider Europe as all the details, as does the http://www.wannasurf.com site.

Have fun, I am off to Lanze for the December waves and then off to Morocco in Jan and Feb.
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.