toobs sa!

• Ryanstar
    April 2006
    is toobs availible in sa
    what is the concensus for it in sa meaning is there an intrest for bluntcuts and boards

Bodyboarding Industry 2,902 views

14 Replies

• Sidebar
    May 2006
    I have negotiated with Toobs USA to exclusively supply their products through my company Milkbush Surf. The bluntcuts will retail for about R500 incl and will be available hopefully by the end of May. I am busy canvassing for retailers so if anyone out there needs more information please drop me a line. Also - is there any bb product you guys think we need ??
  • byron777
    May 2006
    TOOBS,make some sick boards and acces,just checked out there webpage now,will you be distributing boards,clothing etc.bluntcuts are a winner for sure!
  • DarkhorseDarkhorse
    May 2006
    ya toobs own!!!

ive been riding my toobs now for 2 ears. best baord ive ever ridden. Toobs buzz 42.5")

sooo solid and it got those sick channel designs.
    real fast and solid. so i dig it!!

dunno why no one stocks them in sa.

seen my freinds spec 42 last some phat phat diaz sessions as well.
    then eventually got trashed, but lasted way longer than customx boards ive seen and stuff!

toobs forever!
  • Ryanstar
    May 2006
    over here in the states gerbs got 2 dkb boards 41 and 43
    the quality is brilliant really good they are a company who know what they are doing for sure
    plus they support alot of east coast events here
  • Sidebar
    May 2006
    Im happy to see such a positive response. We will be representing the entire Toobs range as well as another manufacturer whose range is stylish and almost indestructible. We will also be looking for boogers to sponsor, not just the pros but also free-riders,. I'll keep you guys updated.
  • byron777
    May 2006
    to have toobs back in sa is going 2 be sick,i was a huge toobs fan,had a spec,dc,bullet and boss,those boards kicked ass,i agree they are way better than most other bodyboard manufactuars we have in this country.
  • SmTSmT
    May 2006
    :P
    TOOBS is sick, My first two Boards I bought were both Spec 42
    They were super fantastic!
    Bluntcuts are my all-time favourite fins, best ever for DK! That's why I bought THREE pairs in Hawaii, bargain!!!
    Good Luck, can't wait to see TOOBS back in S.A
  • DarkhorseDarkhorse
    May 2006
    sick so amped bout this toobs vibe now

my freind used to import them,
    but then he went under!!

flip best baords ever!

will ride anythign to get sponsored!
    sick.

wen tehy coming into ure shop?
  • DarkhorseDarkhorse
    May 2006
    oh ya and which shop is it exactly. gonna support u owes!
  • Chinnychinchin
    May 2006
    Maybe a good promo for Toobs boards would be free kick-boxing lessons for every customer, so we can get some waves.........HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ..........Only kidding......

But we def. need to know who is going to be stocking TOOBS, so we can get us some BLUNTCUTS!!!! Yeah......I want red ones.......sick!!!!!! Could look like shark bait though......!!!!
  • Sidebar
    May 2006
    Hello Toobs fans

I will publish a list of all retailers who will be stocking the products in the next week or so.

Good to hear all the great feedback though. I will reveal the other products soon.

Cheers
  • fatshorey
    May 2006
    @Sidebar:

I just checked out the toobs site and they have some sick boards, I see you can also create and order a custom template board. As you guys are bringing in the toobs would we be able to order a custom shape board through you?
  • Sidebar
    August 2006
    Hello people

Heres an update regarding the supply of Toobs products in SA. Basically I have had to indefinately postpone the supply. There are a few reasons which I will share with you>

1) Rand - dollar exchange + fluctuating oil price. Risk risk risk and very expensive
    2) High cost price of products. Patrick from Toobs gave me really good rates considering the retail price of the boards in the states. The basic cost though was still high with transportation almost equalling the cost price.
    3) Disribution. Because of the high cost price and transport costs the boards would have to retail for the equivalent of the top of the other established ranges (from R2,600 to R4,000). For me to supply the boards to retailers at a reasonable margin for myself considering the 70 to 80% mark ups of most retailers was almost impossible. I then tried to open my own shop in Big Bay so I would be able to supply directly to you the people and via Internet / mail order. Both Bbong and Qsilver refused to supply me until I had an established store. The property managers at the centre in Big Bay would not allow me to sign a lease agreement unless I had suppliers such as Bbong and Qsilver signed as they wanted to ensure a certain "standard".
    Bbong and Qsilver both then contacted me to say that they wouldnt supply me because they didnt want to upset the local established shops???
    4) Chinese manufacture and supply. You just cant compete if youre planning to supply from anywhere other than the far east.

Luckilly I had not liquidated my assets to raise the funds needed for the stock + shopfitting + deposits + rentals + salaries + advertising + marketing etc.

Im sharing this with you guys so if any of you out there have similar ideas maybe you can learn from my mistakes and experience. It could have been done if I had more money to risk and a few decent suppliers. I tried to support local SA bodyboarding but failed.

I want to apologise to anyone out there who I have directly or indirectly dissapointed with my failure.

I have all the contact details of everyone I dealt with in the Industry, I will gladly passed them on.

Cheers
  • DarkhorseDarkhorse
    August 2006
    bro at least u tried.

but im sure we can all see how crap hard it is getting a bodyboarding co. started are brought in.
    pretty impossible.

but ya thats lfie hey.
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.