GOPRO

• rebeliousonerebeliousone
    March 2011
    Hi guys and girls,
    I'm new to the site here,so first of all wasups to all hope all is irie!
    Just got a question about the gopro as to best way to securing it onto your board?
    I knw it comes with attachments already, but heard it can come off!
    Should i put leash plugs threw the attachments to secure?
    Attach to leash with fin saver?
    Or is the attachments provided strong enough to handle all types of conditions?
    Dnt wanna go out on first session with camera and loose it mother nature like my first pair of baggies! :lol:
    So any info would be good.
    pieces
    Mario

Bodyboarding 834 views

3 Replies

• March 2011
    What's up guy,
    The board mount is not designed for a bodyboard, but it does serve as a good base for your gopro. What you do is, take 2 leash plugs and mount them on either side of the camera, directly through the 'surf board' base plate. Making sure you avoid the stringer by a few cm's just to make sure you dont get water in your stringer, which adds weight. Then what I would suggest is, tie strong fishing line through the same spot as the string already attached to the gopro, and then tie it to your leash string that attaches to your board. this reduces the amount of clutter on your board and also looks better than a fin leash attatched to your board. Afterwards you can just bite it off if you're hardcore enough.

Ofcourse there are other ways of doing this, but this method seems to work perfectly.
    Make sure you put dishwashing liquid or rainX on the housing lens port so that you reduce the chance of water spots. Also, get the anti fog inserts to reduce fogging inside the housing which can be a major bummer after a good session.

Cheers man, I hope this is helpful.
  • rebeliousonerebeliousone
    March 2011
    Thanks alot for the helpful info there man much respect! yeah thought as much, damn sales peeps who dnt knw shizz! Of course sir it works! just buy it sir it will work :roll: im def ganna do what ya say sounds like the best option out there.
    Regards

• April 2011
    No problem guy. Never trust a salesman unless he's your friend haha. But good buy none the less.
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.