MS VIPERS

• lyle
    March 2011
    Hey guys.
    My mate got a pair of the new MS Vipers. I see they changed the design. Have any of you tried the new ones? How happy are you with them. My mate reckons they not nearly as good as the old square ones. Then yesterday I was chatting to another ou about them and he too reckons they no good. I love my old square shaped yellow dot vipers and thought Id never change, but the new design doesn't look too hot. I'll prob go back to Churchill's after what I've heard so I'm just wanting to hear what you all have to say.

Bodyboarding 2,280 views

7 Replies

• craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    March 2011
    Bro the old viper shape will always be around!!!

The MS Vipers are just Mike Stewarts version with his Delta tail design implemented.

Personally I dont dig them, but maybe thats cos their sizes dont fit me well enough, who knows if they were fit me good them maybe i would change my opinion...

If u dig the old Vipers stick with em bru, I say there is no better fin out there :mrgreen:

• March 2011
    The original Vipers will always be around, no doubt about it. I've never worn them but I know they are super durable, so spending a bit on them wont be a waste. I personally prefer Churchills over any other fin, purely because of the way they fit my feet. I've never been cut or had cramps wearing them so I wont change my fin any time soon. The only problem with Churchills is the fact that they break after like 6months to a year depending on how often you surf. They are pretty expensive in SA so the decision is tough. Luckily for me, I'm in the USA for 6 months of the year, so Churchills are super cheap. Anybody seen the Jeff Hubard Signature series Churchills? I believe they're more durable, so I guess I'll give them a go.
  • ElementreeElementree
    March 2011
    FYI - the guy who owns the distribution rights to Churchill in SA refuses to put any money back into the sport. So I would suggest not buying them.

Rather go for LTD Edition through Factory 7 if you can.

Just saying.
  • craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    March 2011
    Im with Elementree!!!

SUPPORT THOSE WHO SUPPORT BODYBOARDING!!!

Churchills are a good fin, I used em waaaay back as a grom but nowdays theyr like a fashion statement...

Dont get me wrong, looking good in the water and pics etc... is rad but I will NEVER put fashion before function when it comes to bodyboarding :mrgreen:

Limited are doing things the right way and theyr basically identical so I would say get those aaaaaaand they come in a few rad colours options so thats cool too

im also just saying...
  • lyle
    March 2011
    oh right, so from im reading is MS Vipers arent replacing the old fashion Vipers as i know them- SWEET!!

yeah i had Churchills. they were comfy and worked well. I tried Vipers and i will never change as long as they around! they fit my foot perfectly, and have more power and have out lasted my Churchills and i surf more now than when i had Churchills so im super stoked with Viper fins!! :mrgreen:
  • SmTSmT
    March 2011
    All this talk of Vipers:
    I've got a pair of Medium Vipers looking for a good home.
    Never been used, bargain price of
    R500
    Let me know who's keen, i'm in Cape Town but can post wherever for a little extra!

• March 2011
    R500 is not a bad ask at all.

With regards to the previous comments about Churchills. I agree fully that the distributer for Churchill in SA does not deserve our support. Now that I know that he/they refuse to give back to our sport, i will refuse to buy Churchills in SA. The only reason I bought Churchills is because they are so cheap in the USA, you would be dumb not to. Support Factory 7 and get Limited Edition. I believe they are going for R350 now if I'm not mistaken??? Great fins and Factory 7 supports bodyboarding.
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.