Cricket World Cup

• lyle
    March 2011

Thought with the world cup going on we could post our thoughts on games current, past and future.

What a hell of a game between the poms and India on Sunday! absolute awsome advert for cricket.
    SA smashed the Windies (was good to see Tahir and AB play playe super well.) and we have Netherlands on Thursday.
    Pakistan and Sri Lanka game was also good cricket to watch last Saturday and Oz completely dominated the Kiwis.

Looking forward to some more good cricket on the telly! :mrgreen:

Miscellaneous 1,497 views

18 Replies

• Dopeboy
    March 2011
    Ireland played like machines!!!
  • KellyKelly
    March 2011
    Dopeboy wrote:

For sure. Logged onto just check how much England won by after seeing Ireland earlier well off the asking rate. Didn't get to see the game or see highlights, the English must have been bowling a few pies.

Some big scores at this world cup - I'm sure a few batsmen must be drooling. I did see Malinga's hat trick (he did end up with 4 off 6 balls) against Kenya ... a bit of a minnow side but was reminded of his 4 in 4 against us at 2007 WC - Kallis, Pollock, Hall & Ntini. Gonna be interesting in the knock out stages as although it is a team match, one man can win matches ... Klusener pretty much dragged us through the '99 World Cup to the semi's.

Was a bit bored over the first week as it does seem to be drawn out a bit but think it really got kick started with the India v England game.
  • ronald911ronald911
    March 2011
    Dopeboy wrote:

Agreed! This made my day!
  • lyle
    March 2011
    Yeah had meself a few Guinness's after that game! what a game!!!

The format does seem a bit long this WC, but like Kelly said, that India/Eng game really got me interested again. This WC is open to anyone to win as whoever gets through the round robin has a shot at winning. All you gotta do is win 3 in a row (quaters, semis and final) and you world champs.

Aus is looking good, Pakistan has a good side but are up down, India are on form and have home ground advantage, SA are looking strong but we have a chokers label. I also think England could be the dark horses in this world cup.

Looking forward to Sundays game - South Africa A vs South Africa B. :lol: :wink: Should be good :D
  • KellyKelly
    March 2011
    lyle wrote:
    Looking forward to Sundays game - South Africa A vs South Africa B. :lol: :wink: Should be good :D

LOL .... ja, used to be easy to have a go ... now we have also started adopting. I blame it on Madonna for making it fashionable to adopt foreigners ;)

Anyway, looking forward to the game .... unlucky on the early start!
  • lyle
    March 2011
    Eish. Yesterdays game was lank disappointing!!! :(
    well played Poms.
  • lyle
    March 2011
    who watched yesterdays game??? NZ kicked Pakistan!!! Ross Taylor came off in a huge way!! scoring 60 something runs in 16 ball!!! phenomenal to watch!!!
  • Dopeboy
    March 2011
    SA vs India is gonna be a huge match for us, has the potential to be a make or break game in this world cup for us
  • lyle
    March 2011
    Dopeboy wrote:
    SA vs India is gonna be a huge match for us, has the potential to be a make or break game in this world cup for us

Definitely! hopefully will be another good close match as well!!
  • KellyKelly
    March 2011
    lyle wrote:
    who watched yesterdays game??? NZ kicked Pakistan!!! Ross Taylor came off in a huge way!! scoring 60 something runs in 16 ball!!! phenomenal to watch!!!

Didn't watch but saw they scored 100 off the last 5 overs. There's been some big scores at some grounds and then some grounds there is something in it for the bowlers ... think its been a good mix so far.
    lyle wrote:
    Dopeboy wrote:

Definitely! hopefully will be another good close match as well!!

LOL ... rather hope not. SA v Eng should never have been a close match. Smith had the opportunity to close out the match at 15/3 then he takes Petersen off after only 4 overs and switches to seam from both ends after he knew Steyn was having no luck. Thankfully brought Tahir on for a couple overs but then switched to the two part time spinners from both ends. I presume that was the game plan before the match and he just stuck to it .... puzzled!

That loss made it only one win to us in the last 10 ODI's played against England.

Would love to enjoy the WC but have a feeling Biff is going to keep me nervous ...
  • lyle
    March 2011
    yeah Kelly i def agree, it was prob the game plan made before the game. that is why i have never rated Smith as a captain. he cant change game plans, whether to change to spin or to seam, he just sticks to what was decided before the game. he is a very good speaker though, i went to an event where he was a guest speaker, he is sharp.

Sri Lanka taught Zim a thing or two yesterday, and i see Windies are struggling against Ireland. Im hoping Ireland can pull off another win :mrgreen:
  • KellyKelly
    March 2011
    lyle wrote:
    he is a very good speaker though, i went to an event where he was a guest speaker, he is sharp.

Interesting, sounds like he has talked himself into a job for the last 8 years.

I see Ireland fought the good fight but came up short. England seem to be struggling against the associate sides and then pull out their A game against the big sides ....
  • lyle
    March 2011
    WHAT A GAME ON SATURDAY!! haha! so it was a close one Kelly! haha!! good win for SA. we needed it!
    Kenya also did themselves proud against Aus yesterday. the lost by 60 runs, but to have restricted Australia to the score they did was very good and then Kenya themselves batted really well to get to 260 odd. im bumbed that Collind Oduya didnt get a well deserved 100 though. he wouldve been the 1st Kenyan to score a 100 in World Cup and 1st against Aussies. nonetheless, 98 not out was a good effort! this world cup is getting really good to watch now!
  • lyle
    March 2011
    Zim got another hiding yesterday from Pak.

SA vs Ireland in a bit. gonna be good.
  • lyle
    March 2011
    good win for SA yesterday. Ireland made them work which is also a good thing.
  • lyle
    March 2011
    England used their get out jail free card yesterday! another good game to watch. really enjoying this world cup!!!
  • lyle
    March 2011
    And the Ausies crash and burn. Sorry guys. Time for a new world champ.
  • lyle
    March 2011
    EISH...

What more can be said...
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.