Issue 12

• ConorConor
    September 2010
    I know its prob still a while but was just wondering when the next mag is planning to be out??
    FROTHING :D

Sixty40 Bodyboarding Magazine 1,301 views

10 Replies

• KellyKelly
    September 2010
    Not too long Connor. We're just finalising print schedules and will have an announcement out shortly after.
  • ConorConor
    September 2010
    Cool thanks Kelly Let Us know!!!
  • lyle
    September 2010
    too stoked!!!
  • Inky
    September 2010
    Got mine in the mail yesterday, just have to say that I can see a huge improvement from the last issue! I'm going to be honest here when I say that I was starting to lose hope and all, the mag lacked content in my opinion, don't get me wrong, it was still a great mag but lets face it, it had it's demons. I used to page through the last issues once or twice and be done with it, now I find myself going back to read it and gawk at the sick photos! I see the price has been pushed up, that's good, you need money to run a mag and distribution numbers are probably way less than our stand up brethren's mag, but I have no problem paying this if this is the sort of quality we can expect! It seems like Sixty40 has finally hit it's "groove"

Well done! Now keep this up! :mrgreen:

Also, well done on Jerry for his spread in Riptide!

[attachment=0]13.jpg[/attachment]
  • KellyKelly
    September 2010
    Inky wrote:
    Got mine in the mail yesterday, just have to say that I can see a huge improvement from the last issue! I'm going to be honest here when I say that I was starting to lose hope and all, the mag lacked content in my opinion, don't get me wrong, it was still a great mag but lets face it, it had it's demons. I used to page through the last issues once or twice and be done with it, now I find myself going back to read it and gawk at the sick photos! I see the price has been pushed up, that's good, you need money to run a mag and distribution numbers are probably way less than our stand up brethren's mag, but I have no problem paying this if this is the sort of quality we can expect! It seems like Sixty40 has finally hit it's "groove"

Well done! Now keep this up! :mrgreen:

sixty40-voyager.jpg

Thanks for the kudos Inky.

This issue has been a bit of a rush to get it out for SA Champs, so we lost a bit of focus on building up the hype. Subscribers should have or should be getting their copies in the next couple of days, the mag is on sale at SA Champs (so drop by and pick up a copy) and surf stores and CNA etc should have the mag on shelves over the next couple of days. The mag should also be available through your province from this issue onwards, through a distribution/fund raising initiative which we have entered into with SABA. For those with iPods/iPads we'll shortly have an app available through iTunes where you can access our current and back issues --- more to come and down the line we have an Android app in the pipeline.

While we're on the subject, Issue 13 is due out 1st December.

Mag quality --- great to hear your feedback. We had a bit of a reflection and issue 12 is a step in the direction we want to move in. We've also had to take a risk by pushing the price up -- as you quite rightly point out if you're operating on a shoestring budget then quality will suffer. It is not good for the sport either if we're not buying images, paying for writers etc. It's a long road ahead still but with your guys support we'll try get there ... so please:

1. Buy a mag (much appreciated if you do) - you can find our stockists here: http://www.sixty40.co.za/stockists or subscribe: http://www.sixty40.co.za/subscribe
    2. Tell your friends (click to share on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=ht ... ne-voyager )
    3. Support our advertisers --- these are the guys supporting your sport.

And as always we need content, so if you have great images send low-res versions to [email protected] and if you have a story or an idea for a story then email [email protected] or [email protected] or me [email protected] . We have bucket loads of real good quality images from about 5 riders in SA and then minimal from everyone else so we need guys to put in the effort to get the shots because we want to cover as many .
  • Scarecrow
    September 2010
    Aaaaaah too amped to get my hands on the new edition!!! 8)

• September 2010
    Awe
    Still have not received mine yet, i assume you have sent it and the SA postal service is slacking.
    Can't wait to get my hands on the latest issue, looks sick.
    Jono
  • KellyKelly
    September 2010
    Jbrad12 wrote:
    Awe
    Still have not received mine yet, i assume you have sent it and the SA postal service is slacking.
    Can't wait to get my hands on the latest issue, looks sick.
    Jono

Hey Jono - yip, was sent. Usually need to allow for the post office. I'll email the address we sent it to to confirm. If you still haven't received by next week send an email to [email protected]
  • lyle
    September 2010
    super amped to get the new mag and get a new subscription!!! :mrgreen:
  • Scarecrow
    October 2010
    Finally I got my ass back onto the forum...well done guys on an awesome mag! Enjoyed it 8)
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.