Help me select the ideal board

• bakerzakes
    March 2005
    Hey all!

I'm currently riding an island style board,it is my 1st board and iv been riding it for long time,and i think its time for a change,a drastic one :D
    but the problem is,i dont know what board to choose :cry: i want something that has speed so that can bust sum huge airs,but it must have be have control as well.
    I approximately 1.83m tall and weigh about 101kg.
    Could sum1 please direct me or give me sum info as to what type of board i should get.

Thanx

Coaching 2,299 views

9 Replies

• Greg Chapman
    March 2005
    UM
    length wise no less than 42 inches
    a failrly wide nose around 13" +
    and A full cresent tail should give u enough control
  • Jared HoustonJared Houston
    March 2005
    yo.

sheez bro,what a hardcore name.
    what kind of animal are you?

Dude,i rate hook yourself a fat elemenohpee.he new shipment will be here in april and is looking pretty damn sick.
    boards like the mcfly,skipp rockstar 41 bat and all the rest(42's as well)except the virtue serious,coz hes ridin for HB now.(lank arb)

Not the cheapest boards on the market but probably the sickest.

Good luck bro,hope you have a good one.
  • Marthinus
    March 2005
    Ya, I rate you should get yourself an elemenohpee, I recently go a Skippy Rockstar and its a really sik board with a good combination of speed and control. :wink:
  • that NINJA kid
    March 2005
    You can check out ebodyboarding and chat to Jay Reale, give him your height, weight and some basic board specs(of what you're riding now) and what you're after that might be different and he'll suggest some good boards.....

Elemenohpee's are sick, some cats arenloving BZ's at the moment, I'd bum a few rides off some friend's boards and see what clicks, no use buying without a test-drive......
  • tauriq
    March 2005
    Yo buddy

I'd go Rossi. I had one custom made by ou Marc Rossi. Its performed beautiful so far, no problems. Yes i definately agree, at least 42' maybe something with thicker rails to support that 100kg's of mass.

Support south african bodyboarding then support bodyboarding.
  • TAMEGA
    March 2005
    Hey Bro

E's Are cool no doubt about that, but why not stay local man ( if your in sa) and go Rossi, i chatted to the lead guy Colin from Probe.Tv and saw he had a new board, i picked it up and nearly threw it across the room it was sooo light, it is obviously the acclaimed Rossi light and fast and durable!! Marc himself who designs and makes the Rossi's is about your size man so im sure he can sought any size you need.

http://www.rossiboards.co.za

Marc: 083 678 4444

any logic mag has his work number aswell.

Hope you get the sick board you always wanted man!!

T
  • bakerzakes
    March 2005
    Just wana thank all the concerned bodyboarders out there for all your help,T,badger,tauriq,greg and anyone else still postin a reply. :D
    I think im takin Tamega and Tauriqs advice,iv opted for a custom made rossi.I think its best to keep it local,support local manufacturers to uplift the sport in the country.Thanx again guys.
    :P
  • that NINJA kid
    March 2005
    Nice chioice dude, I can't believe I didn't even think of him... tsk tsk
  • tauriq
    March 2005
    alright! :D Go get that rossi buddie and join the rossi club!
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.