Respect for the boog

Bodyboarding 1,172 views

6 Replies

• Inky
    March 2010
    Quote:
    It might be a tough pill to swallow, but the very wave-riders who we looked down our noses at, are not only tougher than our heroes, they're working hard to make them look good. Maybe it's time to rethink our prejudices.

I really like this bit.....
  • craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    March 2010
    Yo!

Yup that night shot is the sweetness!

The article is too true man :mrgreen:

It makes sense that the best water photogs are or were boogers at some stage as we know exactly were to be cos boogers, due to the nature of everything i our choice of vehicle, are able to take off later etc... so its instinctive i guess.

I love the way this piece has been written and sincerely hope it makes its rounds thru the standup circles cos one should give credit were the credit is due and I for one believe boogers' credit is waaay overdue!

Not that I dont dig standups or anything, cos I have many standup mates, just that there are alot of twats out there that need to get a bit more fraternity minded if u will...One Ocean, we ride it.

Viva le boogie :D

Cant see why he rates sponging is on the decline tho.....maybe in the US?
  • SmTSmT
    March 2010
    Such a sick article, so good seeing a relatively unbiased article.
    The Lackey Flash shot was actually on one of the Sixty40 Mag covers a while back, colours were a bit tweaked though.
    Doclach, thanks for all the heads up with our Saffa boys on that side, too stoked for Jerry on his Turbo signing and the rest of the crew definitely seem to be holding their own in the land of Kanga Bangers and XXXX.
  • ronald911ronald911
    March 2010
    Really an awesome article!
    All ESPN has to do now, is make a TV show based on bodyboarding - Sponsorships would roll in as a show launches for, especially for contests as organizers know they would get tv coverage.
  • BillybusterBillybuster
    March 2010
    Todd Glaser still da man! He was & still is a killer bodyboarder & never forgets his roots! bodyboarding in the states is still huge and always sponsors everywhere there! manny and ross still supporting & manny even runs bodyboarding live tv (weekly episodes) LIVE worldwide (depending on ur time zone - u might be able to watch it). He does this with chad stickney! We need live streaming at our events & i see wes will be doing it at plett this year!! STOKED~!
  • doclach
    March 2010
    SmT wrote:
    Such a sick article, so good seeing a relatively unbiased article.
    The Lackey Flash shot was actually on one of the Sixty40 Mag covers a while back, colours were a bit tweaked though.
    Doclach, thanks for all the heads up with our Saffa boys on that side, too stoked for Jerry on his Turbo signing and the rest of the crew definitely seem to be holding their own in the land of Kanga Bangers and XXXX.

Cheers for the heads up on that SmT - had a look back and it's issue #4, such a dramatic cover (in a totally positive sense).
    yeah it was relatively unbiased - it was obviously from an american scene perspective, but apart from that it called things pretty squarely.
    Man a pleasure to give the heads-up on the SA boys out here. it is very hard to explain the level of respect (long overdue IMO) all saffa riders are getting as a result of the boys more prominent presence here, that is the cool thing. I'm pretty tied up with stuff here at the moment, so don;t get down the South Coast as often as before, but with winter coming (and it's powerful swells) I'm hoping to cross paths with the lads a little more often.

Ronald - I had word from one of your Saffa film crews the other day - Colin from dont stop dreaming tv:
    Quote:
    A sponsor has just come on board to broadcast the entire series.
    First episode will be broadcasted via the extreme channel europe and
    supersport africa next 3 mths. youtube,google and downloads will also
    be available around that time.

There may be news on this somewhere else on the site here (where i found the original details
    http://www.sixty40.co.za/video-54-donts ... ms-trailer
    but from the way Colin wrote it sounded pretty recent (which reminds me to purchase it now Colin has given me the details)

Billy - totally agree with the live-streaming - the Plett one you mention, is that going to be like a webcast, or a different sort of stream?

Manny's 'Live" broadcasts are always on when I'm working here :(
    He's coming over for DKS this year and we're going to try and get a webcast out for that, if Clay can work out how to get over a low quality reception/transmission point in the area.
    good times ahead i reckon, challenging, but good.
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.