Issue 11

• Scarecrow
    March 2010
    Yo Kru! When's the next issue due? So amped to see what Issue 11's gonna hold in store for us after the last mag. I take it there'll be a fair bit of Hawaii footage from Spex and co?

Sixty40 Bodyboarding Magazine 1,911 views

23 Replies

• lyle
    April 2010
    keen!!!!
  • dsc
    April 2010
    Coming soon and going to be epic!
  • Scarecrow
    April 2010
    Stoked! :twisted:
  • lyle
    April 2010
    whoop whoop!!!
  • Francois
    April 2010
    Ja, it's high time for issue 11.

I feel that there should be more consistancy as to the timing of the issues. I know I speak from an inexperienced point of view but it seems that the hype dies when you have to wait so long for the new issue. And at the pace that the mag is going at now, will we even fit in 4 issues this year?

Maybe someone can share their thoughts?
  • kobusblom
    May 2010
    Agree big time...
    Will there even be 4 issues this year??
  • ConorConor
    May 2010
    Do we have a mag anymore :(
    I'm honestly chomping at the bit for the issue ?????
    Any news i thought it would have been out ages ago???????
  • Francois
    May 2010
    A comment from the Sixty40 crew would be greatly appreciated. What's happening with the mag? When is the next issue coming out etc? If we want to improve the mag, the first place to start would probably be getting consistency regarding the timing of the issues...

What's going on??????????????????????????????????????????
  • rudi
    May 2010
    Dudes there is a topic exactly like this on the forum a little while ago, go look it up.
    Its hard to start and keep a mag running these days with everything going digital, plus bodyboarding is a small niche market so making money from it is pretty hard, history tells us this (SA Bodyboarding and Logic). The guys have done a great job so far, definately the best SA boogy mag yet.
  • lyle
    May 2010
    rudi, i agree with you to some extent. but what i dont understand is why sa mags keep folding after all the hard work done? surely it does get easier after a year or 2? why is riptide so successful? many will say they been around for many years and have sponsors. so how did they manage to stay alive for so long??? brazil, US, portugal and even UK and Japan (of all places) have mags and how do they stay a float?? surely the SA industry is as big? what are we doing wrong?? or better yet, what are they doing right???
  • Ricky_Bobby
    May 2010
    I agree with Lyle. If possible, how many mags are sold each month? That might help us
  • krukru
    May 2010
    hey Peeps,

Apologies, I know it's been ages, I am stoked there is such and uproar over the release date, it means we must be popular :twisted:

We have been working hard to get a solid base so that everything is more consistent and we can make sure we get you the latest Saffa bodyboarding action in print.

In the meantime, get behind Jared Houston and Mark Mac for the South American leg. There is a solid south african charge this year and they're putting us on the map so show some support.

Kru

PS. We are putting the finishing touches on the mag and it goes to print asap. We will keep you posted.
  • lyle
    May 2010
    shot for the feed back kru!!!!
  • HappyGo
    June 2010
    okay... so it is now a month later Ian. Any news on when we eventually can expect Issue 11? I gave my friend a subscription for his birthday, and so far, this year nothing. I know and heard all about financial tightness, etc, but if you can not make this magazine work, cutt your losses. I have worked for the industry as well, and never has a issue gone out late, not even speaking about the 6 months late? It also does not take 30 days + to print - especially not the amount (your circulation) you are printing... I have 3 active subscriptions with Sixty40 - all gifts to amped bodyboarders - what do I tell my friends when they ask me EVERY WEEKEND when they can expect their magazine? Thats blind to say the least!!!
    If the magazine is not making money - charge more for the magazine. I am willing to pay up to R40 for an ON TIME, MONTHLY issue of Sixty40!

Some (correct) feedback will give your loyal supporters their convidence back in you and your magazine again... I have lost mine...!
  • krukru
    June 2010
    Good morning HappyGO,

We do apologise for the inconvenience and we will take it under advisement to push the price of the magazine to R40.
    Thank you for being a loyal subscriber, our printer has formally apologised to us for the print delay and assures me that I will have it by Friday. It will then be posted on Friday or Monday, it is then in the SA postal service's hands, presuming you don't live in an out lying area it should then take 3 to 5 days to reach you (along with all the other subscribers).

Have a nice day.
  • BillybusterBillybuster
    June 2010
    KRU!!

Too amped 4 the mag my man... been frothing 2 read some stories and see some pics! When should it be on shelves my man!!?? I'm too keen...... Everybody must stop complaining so much! Life is short and start supporting bodyboarding more like being at regional and national contests, competing and supporting our riders on the live webcasts & voicing your opinions! Lets grow the sport and everyone try put their effort in to get new guys/gals on the scene and lets get the sport thriving again!!

I love bodyboarding and will try my best to support every rider & contest i can!!
    Support those who support you!!

BOOM*
  • lyle
    June 2010
    hey Billy, fully agree mate! Kru, new mag checks awsome bud! good work to all involved! i think just to add to HappyGo, i think communication (especially to subscriber) is crucial. eg you said the mag is heading for printing and only when we asked did you tell us the was a hold up at the printers. if you come out with this info before we ask and keep us up to date with how the mag is progressing im sure everyone will be more supportive and understand. its all about communication and public relations. also (im just throwing this out there) i work a a printing co. we are pretty big (have gov contracts etc). we are based in EL have Pretoria and PE Branches. They also planing on opening in CT. if you like pm me but maybe we could help out in future.

sick mag boet, keep it up! you bring stoke to many SA Boogers!!!!!
  • BillybusterBillybuster
    June 2010
    Love the mag! Photo's are epic and mad stories! Just one thing... the 2nd to last page of boy champ in the barrel (Tunnel vision shot) - that should have been a centre fold or better yet, a pull out poster! That wave/angle is incredible!!!! Big props though on the mag!

Thanks for keeping the stoke!!
  • that NINJA kid
    July 2010
    I haven't received an issue yet, just actually logged in to see when I can expect this issue!
  • Wolfie
    July 2010
    same man. havent received mine yet
  • dirtbin
    July 2010
    I think the late dates of the magazine coming out are a shame, because everything in the mag ranges from 2 months old to 1year+ old.
    Going through the mag-
    Piks shot is epic, The filler news from the industry at the front is basically pulled straight off the online sites(eg Riptide online) Jared houston's story, while awesome and inspiring, came basically off his blog, the Die antwoord interview was hilarious and original, Murray's interview is old, flow champs article was covered online, Indo trips are both kinda ancient,Mark mcarthy mothers pride invert very sick, chad jacksons shot has been online for a couple of months, then 4 basically identical water barrel shots. Tombstones trip and some photos were on facebook but Enjoyed the article and much respect to the guys for taking on this heavy wave. Alistair Taylor had a video interview exactly like his interview online. Nungarin article is sick. and Marks last shot is sick.

So ya, sick finish. cool photos but its just outdated and kinda stale.
  • Kyle CabanoKyle Cabano
    July 2010
    Yo guys. I have actually had my latest issue of the sixty40 for over 2 weeks now so I don't know what you guys are complaining about? If you haven't recieved yours complain to the postal services. I do agree that the mag is not coming out as often as we would like and even if it came out every 2nd month I am willing to pay R40 for it. I love to read the mag but the wait is hopelessly too long. The articles are also quite outdated and would like it if the mag was a bit thicker. It would also be sick if the mag could try organise a sponser for prizes and have a photo competition in each mag similar to the shot bru in the ZIGZAG. I also think the photo of Chad Jackson and the photos of Mike Stewart shouldn't be in the mag. I think that if the photo is taken either by a SA photographer or is a SA bodyboarder then it desserves to be in the mag. There are load of local photgrapher and local bodyboarders working there asses of to get a photo of themselves in the mag as it is the only local mag and the only way for guys that don't rip in contests to get a bit of exposure.

All-in-all I think the mag is doing a good job and and already getting amped for the next issue.
  • lyle
    July 2010
    Got my mag yesterday. its absolutely fantastic!! havnt read the articles yet but just paging through it i was frothing at the pics!! awsome work guys.
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.