Go Pro HD

• Kyle CabanoKyle Cabano
    March 2010
    What do you guys think of this camera for taking water shots? i have a Nikon D60 that i was thinking of getting a water housing for but its a bit risky because insurance doesnt cover water damage if it leaks. This cam is also cheap. Does anybody have one and if you do where are they for sale and is the quality any good?

Bodyboarding 750 views

1 Reply

• Blitzkrieg
    March 2010
    Hey Kyle,

Firstly they are for sale at Factory 7 for R3500.
    Secondly I got myself one in the states before xmas so Ive been playing with it alot before it hit the SA shelves. Something to remember the camera has n 170 degree fish-eye lens, it was mainly manufactured to be a video camera to be mounted on anything you can get it to stick on, to give you video of what you see - there is no zoom function. What is great for me is if you have it on video mode of either 30 or 60 fps you can view it home and take still frames from it - I prefer this as your timing could be out with a split second so you're going to miss that perfect shot youre looking for.
    If you want to see footage of the video or pics taken have a look at the gopro group on facebook, their is alot of discussions from people and the company itself.

Cheers...
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.