SUSS

• ronald911ronald911
    March 2010
    Does anyone use this service?
    Was thinking of creating a Sixty40 crew?

Let me know!

Shotz!

Bodyboarding 842 views

5 Replies

• Inky
    March 2010
    That is actually a very good idea. Suss out spots that appeal to us boogers!
  • peterbee
    March 2010
    Yeah, I use it when I remember ... not a great idea to do a massive crew, unless it's for somewhere like Muizies ... there are already too many platforms for over-exposure of spots, so it would be prudent to keep it small and private.

(And this is a thought for all those guys who just can't wait to Facebook / Twitter / SMS / Phone / shout-from-the-rooftops about their latest session in all its glorious details: you want to impress everyone and make new friends? Then become a soldier / male stripper / belly dancer - but don't sell out a spot, or conditions, that other locals are hoping to keep secret a bit longer!)
  • Inky
    March 2010
    Quote:
    there are already too many platforms for over-exposure of spots, so it would be prudent to keep it small and private.

Very good point dude, Caves had some pretty sweet waves on Sunday and it looked like Durban main beach in December. Not cool. I'm all for keeping it small.

I usually go to spots on this side (Boland), so feel free to drop me a line if you feel like setting the group up. :mrgreen:
  • ronald911ronald911
    March 2010
    peterbee wrote:
    Yeah, I use it when I remember ... not a great idea to do a massive crew, unless it's for somewhere like Muizies ... there are already too many platforms for over-exposure of spots, so it would be prudent to keep it small and private.

Otherwise, we make regional Sixty40 crews - South Coast KZN; Eastern Cape; Western Cape; etc etc. (But of course just if enough people are interested in that region)
    But I mean getting a few more bodyboarders to some spots doesn't hurt as much as spots being over crowded with standup (no offence standups)
  • Scarecrow
    March 2010
    LOL! I don't think that the standups would be too stoked about this. I surfed the Hoek the other day and there were probably 3x more boogers than standups. The vibe was good because the usual locals weren't there, but there's tension between the standups and the boogers here. This is mostly due to boogers rocking up in groups as well as showing no respect for the existing locals.
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.