IBA DKWT for Pipe 2010

• doclach
    February 2010
    The DK at Pipe was called last week:
    http://ibaworldtour.com/news/360-iba-dk ... d-for-pipe

Clay from DKS http://www.dksessions.com/ has compiled a list of riders on the rippy forum, so just pasting it here so you fellas are up to date (Craig T, hope ur new work lets you on the net long enough to read this).

Kelly, wotcha reckon (seen some of ur DK shots)?! Any other knee crew on here, word us up on your thoughts - could be some epic heats by the look of things.

I've put Spex in bold so no one can miss seeing his name there.

please note this is prefaced by:
    "These are the SUPPOSED names in already for the pipe comp."
    ie this is not the official list - but if Clay has it, then it's pretty damn reliable.

Dave Hubbard
    Manny Vargas
    Bud Miyamoto
    Jack Lindholm
    Jake Pembrooke
    Marcus Rodriguez
    Tyson Kaaua
    Ricky Alverez
    Cass Sonoda
    Issac Libre
    Leroy Kaiwi
    Cesar Bauer
    Grant Molony
    Kainoa McGee
    Fred Booth
    Chris Won
    Damien Boone
    Justin Medeiros
    Kyle Matsumoto
    Micah McMullen
    Kona Tom
    Paul Roach
    Glen Sullivan
    Alberto Colucci
    Joe Grodzen
    Kim Feast
    Keith Sasaki
    Jimmy Hutaff
    Willy Petrovic
    Nick Shand
    Coby Alcos
    Rob Keyser
    Jorge Colomer
    Sacha Specker
    Ardiel Jiminez

Bodyboarding 1,253 views

6 Replies

• craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    February 2010
    Looks to me like its gonna be ALL TIIIIME WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!

Go on do us proud SPEX :!:

Only permitted to go online b4 or after my working hours.....but i r here :mrgreen:
  • KellyKelly
    February 2010
    Is that the line-up? Or his wish list? Because there is pretty much a who's who of DK in the mix there.

Brandon "Bruman" Foster - our South African export is missing from that list and I hear he is out in Hawaii.

Spex is definitely the man to watch for us --- I did catch his DK heats last year and he was killing it and I'm sure he has Pipe a lot more wired this year.

My vote for the Pipe DK King has to go to Kainoa McGee --- obviously being a local is an advantage but I can't say I have seen anyone attack big Pipe like Kainoa.
  • doclach
    February 2010
    Kelly I spoke to Clay last night and that is the unofficial official preliminary list of the entrants, sent to him by an IBA person. I know exactly what you mean - it s a 'who's who' allright - i did double take at first and thought he was mucking around - but when i saw aussie grant maloney in there, I knew he was over and in, so then i re-read his original mail. and then i rang Feasty to see what was happening (he is caught with work into the wait period, so we're hoping the DK starts after the 22nd for him).
    How do you pick a winner out of that crowd?!? Spex is a terror, Kainoa owns the place, Feast regulalrly takes on big waves on the knee and there are too many big names too ignore anyone. Smokin' heats ahead. I'll get the final list and draw asap :twisted:
  • KellyKelly
    February 2010
    Saw Jack Lindholm's name listed. That is epic! Haven't seen or heard much in ages from the man who gave us the Jack Stance ... now that is old school!!! I still have pictures burned against my retina from the 90's Bodyboarding magazine with Jack cranking some of the heaviest bottom turns at Pipe.

Jack has a new site out: http://jackdarippa.com --- check it out for some classic photos.
  • doclach
    February 2010
    yeah and what about Fred Booth too! the scene is so underground usually, it will be insane if all thses riders come together.
    I'm going to try to call Kainoa in the next few days if I can catch him with all that is going on - pretty interested in what board specs he is up to, in the interview last year he was talking about a big baest of a thing for those pumping waves, but i don;t know if that was only for his proning or for DK as well. Last i spoke to Glen from turbo , who is doing the shaping for him, he had finally found a huge core block to work with. We'll see what the vibe is.
    Clay is still waiting for a heat sheet, once that is in the works, then things are rocking.
    gonna be some sickkkk dragon tails flying :twisted:
  • ronald911ronald911
    February 2010
    Pipe Contest is ON!

http://www.fluidzone.com/pipe

Enjoy
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.