Sharks at Koelbay

• Vicus Kruger Krokkie
    January 2010
    Please be careful my fellow boogers we spotted two big sharks at koelbay yesterday and they went way shallow!!
    So when in doubt dont go out!

Bodyboarding 1,418 views

8 Replies

• Inky
    January 2010
    Hectic, Ian mentioned one but this is getting scary man. We passed there earlier in the morning on Saturday and saw a pod of dolphins feeding on a school of fish right in the middle of where the guys were sitting, the water was super clear as well. We decided not to go in because that seemed a bit dodge. So it is true, sharks do sometimes hang out where dolphins are, and don't only hang around in dirty water!!! Keep them peeled. :shock:

Be careful please dudes.
  • lyle
    January 2010
    anyone every tried one of those shark pods? i was sponsored one. :D shocked me the 1st time i ever used it, so i took it off and swore id never use it again. but i have since tried it again as it was free, and ive managed to kinda get used to it. obviously its better to surf without it, but when its on proper i dont feel it at all, except for the odd pulse. cool to have for that extra peace of mind but i still prefer to take my chances without it because of the freedom. just a thought though.
  • kozkoz
    January 2010
    we use those shark pod things when spear diving... works a treat. Not to keen on having one when surfing though. :D

was out a derdes the other day when a massive school of bait fish being worked by dolphins and birds moved right passed us, not 200 meter from where we were. I decided to get out of the water and wait for them to pass.

Seen it when diving how sharks like to hang around at the bottom of those bait balls... and I did not want to become another shark stat.

So be careful out there and be aware of whats in the water with you. :mrgreen:

Keep on charging
  • Inky
    January 2010
    This is footage my sister took on Sunday. They went on a flight in a helicopter over False Bay, the pilot mentioned that he spotted a rather large shark there earlier patrolling the back line not far from the breakers so he offered to go look for it again. This footage was taken at Nonwabisi Beach, relatively close to Strand. It didn't take long to find it, which indicates just how large this guy/girl is. The pilot estimates it around 5m, well it's definitely not a 3 meter shark that so lets call it 4m plus, BIG ENOUGH! They also spotted 2 other sharks during this flight in area, but this one took the prize.

http://www.motionbox.com/videos/a697dbb41b15ebcf29
  • Francois
    January 2010
    Daai is 1 MOERSE haai. Flip that thing is huge. Nice footage!!! That's the risk you take when you surf in False Bay.
  • craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    January 2010
    Exactly why i stick to the west siiiiiiiiiiiide :mrgreen:
  • Scarecrow
    February 2010
    Ah Craig! West Coast rocks no doubt, but there's nothing better than dropping into a solid barrel at that very secret unknown reef break in False Bay :wink: If it's over 4ft I'll take my chances. And I still reckon the Reef has the best ARS section!! 8) 8) 8)
  • lyle
    February 2010
    i got chased by a shrk at yellows yesterday. and there was an attack at the point on tuesday. so keep your eyes peeled :shock:
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.