Science MS2 LTD 2010

• StJohnLombard_Bodyboarder
    January 2010
    I have 2400 and I'm looking to buy a new board, cresent tail preferably, I've only ever ridden bat.
    I was checking out the MS2 LTD 2010 on F7, and it looks pretty sick, just wanted to know if anyone has ridden it,
    and what its like? and any other board suggestions. im looking for a light, fast board.

Thanks!

Bodyboarding 1,441 views

14 Replies

• Jared HoustonJared Houston
    January 2010
    The MS2 is the Thomas Robinson under a new name,Im not sure if thats supposed to known,but thats the truth.
    Therefore-its of Science's best offerings.

But my advice,get a Science Mccarthy!
    Lets support Mark,The other boards get enough sales anyway!
  • lyle
    January 2010
    macathy board is epic!!!

check it out at extreme sports in vincent.
  • craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    January 2010
    I 3rd that!
    The MCarthy is one SICKASS board dood no lies!!!

I dig it soo much i got me 2 of them hehehe... :mrgreen:
    January 2010
    Lyle, all extremes boards are gone! only 3 left, 2 nomads and a DK CustomX

And I dunno. the mcarthy looks a bit plain, i digs the look of the ms2 with the impact bulbs and all. what does it ride like? is it sick??
    Maybe I should consider it.
    January 2010
    Personally,I dont like the impact bulbs,arm grooves,dick pads all that stuff.
    What you want to take your riding too the next level is an amazing shape!

The 2 is a very good shape,so is the mccarthy,I have ridden both in the past 3 months and can say that the mccarthy goes real good in the heavy gear,I found the 2 a bit skippy.Maybe because it was pp.

Thats my advice man,forget about all the add ons,the shape is the core of the matter.
  • lyle
    January 2010
    i second jerry! i dont dig all the add ons. shape is everything. that said, alot of peeps raved on the old science tr board, so if what was said earlier is true, that the 2 is the old tr, then its a pretty sick stick. comes down to personal preference.
    January 2010
    Ja man i also dont dig all the contours on bords these days, Jerry is 100% correcto mundo, shape = everything.
    The MCarthy is one of the sickest I have ever ridden too, the TR has alot of contours dont it???

Anyways I was worried that the elbow thingies would get in my way but I dont even notice them.

My advice would be stick to what u know u ride well on and maybe try a lil tweak on that, like the delta tail which is sick!

Otherwise if u want a crescent its not gonna be as loose as what u were riding bro.

Hmmm choices choices......
    January 2010
    Yeah the 2 is the TR,just like the original MS 7 was Mitch Rawlins' old shape.
    Craig,one thing I cant seem to understand is why the Mccarthys in oz dont have the elbow donuts?
  • lyle
    January 2010
    the one i saw in EL also didnt have the elbow donuts??
    January 2010
    I ride the ms3, its bat tail, and has gotten very heavy in the 3 years i've had it, i think its water in the stringer cavity as i plugged my leash in the center, i want to go to crescent, remember im in EL so its warm water so the PP core is for me, pp wouldnt be suitable for CT waters. Now im seriously confused, whats the performance diff between the mark, and the 2??
    January 2010
    2:I found it a super fast,stiff board.Skipped out in the bigger gear and was pretty tight in the smaller stuff.Its a good board.
    MC:I have been surfing it in hawaii from one foot Rocky Point to 10ft Pipe,it goes like a bomb!Handles really well in the big gear and it still goes in the small stuff.In my opinion the better of the 2.

If you have been riding a bat tail I think the switch to crescent will be the best thing you will ever do!
    January 2010
    Yo boet!

I have a Mcarty PP with a single stringer and it has more than enuff flex for me even in CT waters.

Going crescent will give you a whole nother feel bro, which is agood thing cos then u will know what works for u in the days to come.

I DK like 90 % of the time and the delta tail works for me even tho I have ridden traditional DK shapes in the past.

Experimenting is the only way to find out what works best for u bro and u can only rely on other peoles experiences so much.

My vibe to u is go for the Mcarthy crescent in PP core cos the shape is ridiculously sick and works in all types of waves like Jerry says.

But thats me :lol:

Best of luck
    January 2010
    @ Jerry - ja i think the ones with no elbow donuts are either the brand spanking new ones or the model b4???
    I guess Boetie would know best LOL!

I was worried i could only get the one with the contour that goes all the way from the elbow down the sides to pretty much the bottom as they would most probably get in the way on the knizee. So stoked i didnt have to get one of those as it would get to me hard!

Im so envying u okes all on the rock man, i really need to make the pilgrimage sometime soon in my life as Im fast approaching the 3 OH!!!!!!

Shoulda done it years ago with Lyal Coburn and the boys when I was still a washboard abbed fit as a fiddle 19 yr old :(

B Kiff :!:
  • Spy Dude
    January 2010
    I ride the ol TR board... its rad and when riding i don't even notice the elbow grooves or dick pads :wink:
    The board actually reminds me of the Mach 7-7 although a little thinner, like the diet Mach 7-7 or Mach7-7 lite.

Looked at the MacCarthy yesterday infact (without seeing this string) and well.
    First impression was.. this is my next board.
    2nd impression was.. wish it came out in yellow with orange slick and black rails :lol:
    So ya
    both a sick boards
    I like the retro colors of the ol Morey Boogie i guess.

Peace.
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.