Scotland!

Travel 1,349 views

8 Replies

• ElementreeElementree
    December 2009
    Super Sick Shane.

Got me so amped sitting here in Manchester.

A chommie of mine from back home lives in Thurso purely to surf and he's been trying to get me to come up and surf some REAL waves...I think I might have to take him up on the offer!

Awesome vid....mucho respect!
  • farsighted
    December 2009
    Shot man! Thanks for watching...
    Ja, if I were you I'd take the dude up on his offer. Manchester is a lot closer that London is too. There are so many sick bodyboarding spots up there! I would have loved a bit more time up there and I'm super amped to go back again...
    I see you're from Melkbos - the water up in Thurso won't even be that cold for you then I reckon. It was about 11 or 12 degrees when we were there. Apparently the Gulf Stream flows past there and 'warms up' the water...

My girl and I hope to do a lot more trips and make similar videos... check out our site at http://videosurfguide.com
  • ElementreeElementree
    December 2009
    Ja ek is van "Die Bos"/ "Blue Mountain" area of Slaapstad...grew up that side...not the biggest fan of cold water ;)

11 or 12 degrees ain't too bad and I suppose the water feels like a bath when the outside temp is sub zero.

My mate rates that the worst part is putting on your suit in the freezing cold. That and the fact that his suit is never truly dry. Other than that once the suit is on you're insulated so well that you don't feel a thing...he's kitted up with a full on 6mm ninja suit.

I'm gonna look into a trip as soon as I can round up enough cash to buy a proper suit since all I have is 3/2 and that wouldn't cut it.

Thanks again for the stoke...hope you're stoked with the vid being featured in the news section of the site.

Cheers
    G

• December 2009
    This video is amazing, seriously really wanna go there now next year.
  • doclach
    December 2009
    Ah man,
    just got my beady eyes on this one - how well put together is that vid! Love the way you and your missus go exploring and find that sick break. Music sound track was really suited - and I did get a bit of a laugh at the 'standy's' that were usually tow-ins getting a wee pounding when they had to paddle.
    sick waves, sick site (love the concept) all bloody good! watched the first ep and as well and Sean comes across as very 'real'.
    Two thumbs up Sean!!

G , I'll be checking to make sure you take up your mate's offer to Thurso, defo looks like a mad time - and I reckon the folks there would be fun-crazy, like u Saffas!! haha
  • farsighted
    December 2009
    Thanks for the great comments guys!!
    I had an o'neill 5/3 suit and I was really fine, but G, like your mate says - the air temp is what sucks!
    Taking your suit off when you're wet isn't great, but you'll probably be so stoked from the surf that it's not that bad :)
    My mate had this hanger with a fan in it that we shared and it dried the suits overnight - putting a wet suit on is not the best plan :)

oh - very stoked the vid is in the news section!! Shot!!
  • lyle
    January 2010
    yo farsighted! you from EL? benji was telling me you went over and about your site, lekker idea mate! best wishes on your travels!
  • farsighted
    January 2010
    lyle wrote:
    yo farsighted! you from EL? benji was telling me you went over and about your site, lekker idea mate! best wishes on your travels!

Ja, I am from EL bru... Shot - stoked you dig the idea. We'll hopefully be doing a big trip soon!!
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.