Sponsors

• Patty
    November 2009
    How and what tricks have to be done to get a sponsor of any kind. I can forward and reverse spin, roll, cutback, and ARS once in a while. Also my maximum wave height is 5-6 ft. I mostly freesurf so I don't do many contests so is there any way to get any sponsor?

Coaching 1,564 views

7 Replies

• rudi
    November 2009
    hehe good luck buddy
  • ronald911ronald911
    November 2009
    Patty wrote:
    How and what tricks have to be done to get a sponsor of any kind. I can forward and reverse spin, roll, cutback, and ARS once in a while. Also my maximum wave height is 5-6 ft. I mostly freesurf so I don't do many contests so is there any way to get any sponsor?

Haha, well unfortunately, sponsors just dont go around sponsoring people every day- They look for Talent and good potencial
    You need to make and give a reason for companies to sponsor you, because you will be representing their brand name by being a good bodyboarder or whatever sport you are getting a sponsor for- Thats why doing a lot of contests will play a big role for companies to recognize you. Companies dont often sponsor freesurfers.

MY ADVICE

Do PLENTY of contests (and obviously do good in your division)

Practice a lot and make sure that ""ARS once in a while"" get more consistant. Practice other manouvers like Inverts, air forwards/reverses ect ect and try to suss these tricks on both left breaking waves and right breaking waves.

Even though 5-6ft is quite big for some people, at least paddle out on bigger days to get used to the diffrent sea conditions.

Surf diffrent type of waves - dont just sit all day at your mellow beachbreak - attempt heavier breaks, wedges, reefs and even shoreys, becuase you need to learn how the wave breaks and how to ride such a wave.

Surf as often as possible.

Be ocean fit- dont get too tired just paddling to the lineup.

Be competitive at all times.

Show them you have what it takes to be a world class bodyboarder.

and... good luck bro
  • Patty
    December 2009
    Thanks the advice, that will help a lot. I would do more contests but its hard to find contests for my age. Do you know any contests for 13 year olds around So Cal?
    Thanks!
  • ronald911ronald911
    December 2009
    Patty wrote:
    Thanks the advice, that will help a lot. I would do more contests but its hard to find contests for my age. Do you know any contests for 13 year olds around So Cal?
    Thanks!
    You should be able to compete in the Development or Boys division, if I'm not mistaken. They are usually in most contests. Where do you live?
  • Count Olaf
    December 2009
    Patty wrote:
    Do you know any contests for 13 year olds around So Cal?
    Thanks!

California, going to be quite a drive for any comps in SA.
  • Diego
    April 2010
    wherever you are it doesnt matter because you obviously live near an ocean first you might want to start off with club contests like the margate blow out contests that are held every so often by martin otto or the schools contests that are held at north beach by karl liebenburg basically you need to show the sponsors what and who you are. Another good way is to do bodyboarding trials no matter where you are there will be some kind of trials for your regeon. contact any of these guys and im sure they will be more than willing to help you to find your way around.
    skzn chairman: wayne beekman 0820221825
    blow out host : Martin otto 0836947885
    :mrgreen: remember just surf hard and youl get noticed
  • BillybusterBillybuster
    April 2010
    Patty wrote:
    Thanks!

Patty contests are def the way to go as when sponsors look for a rider they are looking for someone who will be a good ambassador, who will give them coverage, will be a great marketing tool & get their brand out there... You will be their marketing tool.

I used to live out in cali so try get involved in the BIA tour, it is the california tour. Here is the link: http://www.biatour.net/

The USBA is more for the top riders but BIA is the california tour which i did. so you did get riders like Tamega, skipp & mcbride... but they have like 14 divisions so they will def accomodate you. Contact Chris Granone or Shaun Backus for help.
    All the best bro, any other questions just ask..!

Cheers
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.