This Is Africa DVD teaser

• doclach
    November 2009
    The next issue of RT is coming out with a DVD of the Africa adventures and rides featured in #171, titled "This Is Africa". The teaser for the vid has been loaded onto vimeo as a quick preview.

Thought some of you might like to see it. I'll put the one on the limited edition site up cos it is easy to enter the password there without having to log onto vimeo (most of us prefer vimeo here as it is clearer and less cluttered with silly comments than youtube (we call it 'pootube', haha). Looks like Shane and the lads at limited are having a bit of fun with the password code, so if you look at the wording there, you'll soon get it, as long as you have a colour computer screen :wink:

http://www.limited-edition.net.au/

for those with download limit concerns, the clip goes for 1.54

Doc

Bodyboarding 2,030 views

9 Replies

• Count Olaf
    November 2009
    Nice Video, really takes an outside view to make you appreciate what you have on your doorstep. How can I get hold of the full DVD?
  • morrisminormorrisminor
    November 2009
    So, Doc, what is the link to mail order this issue?
  • doclach
    November 2009
    G'day fellas,
    these are really questions for the office honchos up in Qld where the mag is sorted, I'm 1000 k's away from there in Sydney and just chip in a hand with the forum, but I can give you some idea.

Count Olaf - the DVD is normally only available with the magazine at time of release (I would assume that is to assist with sales of the mag), so apart form that they are pretty scarce to get until some folks that don't want it unload it around the place.

Morris minor - mate there is a link to international subscriptions, but not for individual issues of the mag, if you're game (pricewise) to look this is at:
    http://www.morrisonmedia.com.au/shop/?viewSubs=9

I've asked the lady who handles subbies before about single issues overseas and her official reply was the the mags are charged at shelf price, then postage is added, which varies in cost depending of there is a dvd or not. the problemo is that postage is heaps expensive.The shelf price of RT here is usually around $9 Aussie (but ones with a dvd are sometimes extra, sometimes not). I sent an assortment of Aussie mags to a mate in the US recently and the postage was sheer killah, like ridiculously expensive.

whether interested in the mag or just the dvd, I would suggest writing to Meg Durrington in the subby department:
    [email protected]

and pose these exact questions to Meg and see what she has to say on the official end. I'll send her a note right now to give a heads-up that some frothing saffas could be in touch. If you get no 'love', let me know and we'll see what can possibly be organised dvd-wise that isn't overly expensive.

hope that helps a little.
    Rad looking clip. Dan from Claws and Teeth that put it together is a dedicated young frother who I reckon is going places. His partner in booger sickness is West Matteeussen. Solid West australia lads indeed. They have a pretty cool blog, if anyone is interested I can pop the link up here.
    k, off to send Meg an email....
    :)
  • morrisminormorrisminor
    November 2009
    Thanks Doc, seems like you are on the case. I will end up emailing Meg pretty soon.

Morgan
  • doclach
    December 2009
    Well the Aussies have frothed over the TIA dvd. First time for a lot of the Oz groms seeing the talent tucked away there in SA on film. Here are some of the comments form the rippy forum:
    Quote:
    Just bought the new rippie with a plastic object obligatingthat it was infact "Africa". As i had purchased and opened this object all i recieved was a DVD and not the nation of Africa. So i upsettingly watched this DVD and it was FREEKIN AWSOME!!!!

thank you riptide

Quote:
    how heavy does Devils Horn look :shock:
    Quote:
    omg
    some of the waves they caught at horn...
    omg

and how intense is the wave pool?
    im frothing over billy tennants from flips and s##t
    all the air-forward to roll combos were awesome

Quote:
    has anyone here ridden the durban wave pool?
    Looks painful :twisted:.

Quote:
    Was sick. Wish we saw more of the south africa guys in the ocean. Havnt even heard about Wes since he took out the trials a few years ago.

I was going to write up all the riders in the sections and wave-pool, but instead have shoved my personal copy in the post to Gareth White for a christmas preso (last one i sent got flogged, so hope this one makes it through) - just back from the Post Office G - Merry Christmas boeti.

So good to see you guys carving - and the DH rides were mind blowing for sure. Evryone wants a 'proper' D-rex type wane-pool here now (the one at dreamworld is v.small in comparison). I think the lads here like to have their bones broken...haha.

A deepwater one is being built in NZ at the moment so we're waiting to see how that turns out.
  • ronald911ronald911
    February 2011
    What i'd give for a copy of the full dvd.. Oh my greatness! http://vimeo.com/7528304
  • lyle
    February 2011
    has anyone seen a Riptide mag in SA lately? have not seen one here in EL for a good few months now?? now that we not getting Sixty40 in paper i think ill go back to buying Riptide magz @ R140 a pop :shock:
  • bbuh
    February 2011
    Hey guys.
    ive got the full length dvd......but obviously cant be making copies left right and centre!
  • jbs
    February 2011
    Yeah, havent seen any in Durban CNA's for ages.
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.