DEAD!!!!!!!!!!

• Francois
    November 2009
    Flip this forum is DEAD!!! Has anyone had any decent surf recently that they want to rave about? When is the new mag coming out- HIGH TIME!! Anyone planning to go on a cool mission somewhere?? Anything to read some new interesting posts!!!!!!! :D

Bodyboarding 1,391 views

11 Replies

• SmTSmT
    November 2009
    Ok, here goes!
    If anyone's been to Indo around this time, i'm going in 2weeks time, any info on waves or things to do let me know!
    Thanks
  • Francois
    November 2009
    My uncle was in Bali during the year. Some tips that I got from him for future reference was to not use taxis, rather hire a car. Stay out of the expensive hotels (except of course if you are on honeymoon :lol: )...
  • peterbee
    November 2009
    Yo, smt - you want info on Indo, you're gonna have to give more info, man, the place is huge ... you going to Sumatra, Bali, or what?
  • SmTSmT
    November 2009
    Sorry, we're going to Bali!
    Starting in Kuta, then Bingin, then Nusa Dua, then Nusa Lembongan and finishing in Ubud.
    It is a Honeymoon but the Little Lady Surfs, so that's perfect. Accommodation is all sorted, just looking for Info on what surf spots might be worthwhile checking out, any arb touristy things we should do and anything to stay away from, i've already been told to stay away from Benchongs so i've got that covered, haha!
  • peterbee
    November 2009
    Perhaps the first thing to stay away from is calling her "the little lady", else it will a honeymoon without the honey!

Sounds like you have it sorted ...

Kuta: close to the mall on the beachfront, you can take boats to Kuta reef for Airports lefts and rights. Lots of fun. If your wife's a beginner, you can do some social surfing with her on Kuta beach (which is kak, but has a great vibe).

Bingin's way cool for bodyboarding, and from there, if you want to explore, you can hire scooters from Nyoman & Nyoman close to the beach - Ulu's is close but you will get so-o-o lost, I swear. Also, on big days, there's Padang, between Bingin and Uluwatu.

Nusa Dua isn't the greatest place for surfing as far as I know, but again, you can explore from there. There are three waves on Nusa Lebongan, none of them too great, but who gives a crap, you're in paradise, right?

Go to http://www.wannasurf.com/ and look up some of the places, they will give you lists of the local waves, and ratings. Very useful.

That's it - a useful tip I got from Billy Miller, is use Blue Bird taxis - they have meters, while the rest run on guesstimation!
  • Inky
    November 2009
    And stay away from the lady-boys.... :lol:

Seriously, what's up with this weather....I feel like i'm in that movie Groundhog day!!!!
  • JmoJmo
    November 2009
    I rate Lembongan pretty highly, especially if you have someone to spend some quality time with. Kuta was rad for a while but got too hectic after a few days, while Lembongan was super mellow (this was 11yrs ago so forgive me if its changed).
    Lembongan has 3 waves all a short boat ride out to the reef in front of the accomodation: Playgrounds is a fun A-frame, super easy for the lady. Shipwrecks is a great righthander with an easy open barrel (got my first standup tube here), but the glorychild of this island is Lacerations, which is a gnarly, shallow, bendy, super hollow righthand pit. Would love to get that wave good again... aaaaahhhhhhh
  • craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    November 2009
    Rossi gave me HEAPLOADS of info when I was planning on going.
    I passed it all onto my bro as I couldnt go in the end :(

My oet said that Kuta etc... were waaaay touristy and that it was ok to spend some time there but its better outside of the main spots as the locals can get hectic on u by way of trying to sell u stuff, traffic, prices etc...

Also DONT get involved in an accident cos apparently my bro bumped into a few SA peeps that hit a padestrian (totally his fault) but cos he was local the cops planted weed on the one guy, luckily he foound it in time and threw it away, they bolted into the jungle and were runnin form like a week straight or sumthin like that waiting for their plane ride home :shock:

Hope u and ur Wife have a sooper time bro.

Ask Marc, im sure its the only link u will need as he has been there like 100 times :lol:
  • SmTSmT
    November 2009
    Thanks for the Tips, 3 days till we're off, too keen!
  • walvis
    November 2009
    ay man another tip that might be useful.. if ur gona be on lembongan, the snorkeling there is AWSOME! realy no words to describe it! but dont let the locals take u out on their boats, they charge a fortune and u can easily swim out to the reefs from the beach. try swimming out from the mangroves (ul see wen u get there).
    ENJOY! good times ahead!
  • craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    November 2009
    Oh ja Marc told me too that they went on a boatride organised by some guy named Snoop / Snoopy or some gangsta name and midway thru their surf they discover that the oke has a few KG's of weed on it :shock:

So ja, dont book a chater with this doosch :mrgreen:

Enjoy it bro, Im green with envy I wont lie :lol:
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.