O&E Leashes

• monkeymarkmonkeymark
    October 2009
    Ahoy

Last weekend I broke my second consecutive Ocean & Earth bicep leash on the same spot. This happened to my mates leash as well, broken the same way. It broke at the fibrous material connection on the bicep strap, the metal swivel cut through the material. The swivel hole is too sharp and needs to be more rounded and smoother, and needs another short rope like the one that you put on your plug (so ropes at both ends of the cord), in my opinion. I loved the O&E leashes and they did last a decent section. I did my own home-made repairs after they broke (still using the one), but ja I think it can be manufactured better.
    Does anybody know who to contact to share this info with O&E, and has this happened to anybody else?
    Check I know bodyboarding seriously works the leash, with heavy drops, meaty beach breaks etc (check im not gna lie, im not great and probably wipe more than the average booger), but is it just me or do the average bb's, who make the pilgramige quite frequently, just go through alot of leashes? Or, are the leashes on the market not up to standard?
    I've been through most of the leashes on the market, just not Custom X which I wna try, but does anyone have any favourites?

Mark

Bodyboarding 542 views

3 Replies

• ElementreeElementree
    October 2009
    Hi Mark.

Check your PM mail box for the contact details for Len Bradford from Wetsuits SA (Reef, Science, O&E etc...) he'll be able to assist you better than anyone.

Cheers
    G
  • craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    October 2009
    I have had the same Island style big wave bicep leash for about 5 years solid.
    Had big sessions and heavy wipes and its still going strong.

The Reef ones arent too bad either, but im one of those guys who skeems a leash is a leah is a leah u know :lol:
    Just very picky about leash plugs thats all!
  • lyle
    October 2009
    i know we meeant to support co's that support boogers, but islandstyle leashes are on top! had mine for awile. got a big wave one- which still looks new and another thinner one- its stretched to pieces but they do last! islandstyle for me.
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.