Win a Go Pro surf camera set up!

• doclach
    September 2009
    We've organised a competition on the Riptide forum and I've made sure it is open to everyone around the world to enter, including the Saffa crew (if you win it will include postage to your door)

Go have a look on the Riptide Forum at:
    http://www.riptidemag.com.au/forum/view ... =10&t=3281

It's a really particpative concept - all about our riding and the experiences around it.

And while we're speaking of the Saffa Crew, be sure to check out who 2 of the judges are.............
    (had to make sure it was fair now , didn't I....hahaha :twisted: )

Get into it and good luck!!!!!

Doc

Bodyboarding 891 views

6 Replies

• doclach
    September 2009
    Just wondering if any of you boets are intending entering?
    Some of the local lads have started blogs already. i imagine we won't know about some until near the time of the competition closing when their documenting is posted.
    The camera is pretty sick and is worth over $300 aussie (over 2000 Rand) and has all the stuff for attaching to helmet or board and will be delivered free to u if u win. Free to go in, so pretty good deal really

Kelly and Gareth (Elementree) are on the Judging panel, along with Goose from New Zealand, myself and the other rippy mods and a couple of Honchos (editor types) from the RT office, so the bar is high, but it is all about the participation. If we get enough entries, we'll look to running the comp again.

Just curious and pretty amped to see some Saffa stories on a personal note 8)

Doc
  • kill4Youkill4You
    September 2009
    when is completion date?

maybe get sixty40 to show the comp in the next mag? also maybe promote the comp on the home page of this site might be a few suggestions for letting people know about this.
  • doclach
    September 2009
    Cheers Kill4u.
    Completion date for the comp is 31st October 09.

I'll drop a note to Kelly and Gareth (the fellas will se it here though) and they can work out what they would like to do in that respect.

Pretty much anything that is good for boog we've (rippy) unofficially developed a total share policy with 6040, so it can be presented by the 6040 in forum or print because it is for the good of the sport and the riders - which is the most important thing IMO.

This comp is entirely for the good of the riders, some of the lads here have already written to me privately saying how much they're enjoying documenting their riding and intend keeping it up after the comp is over simply because they're loving it. no better reason aye - that's the only reason I ride - cos I absolutley love it (except in the moment when I get an absolute beating on a reef, then I still love it after - bit weird aye :shock: :twisted: )

Also I think the comp is for the good of the sport (it's how it was designed anyway). Accounts of our riding give the whole sport more substance - In a way it shows we 'exist' (in a freakin big way) and shows stuff we all know, but people on the outside would never realise the level of passion and dedication otherwise. Particulalry it lets us share in the experiences of out fellow spongers - and that is the sickest stuff out.

In a selfish way it's why I'm looking forward to some of the Saffa and any other overseas entries, because I know the Oz east coast (including what you will have heard of as "The South coast") stuff here pretty much inside out, but not all your breaks - and I know you guys have mad adventures , but don't really know the details. Here saffas have a rep for being mad chargers and bloody crazy, would just like to read about it myself :twisted: haha.
  • doclach
    October 2009
    We have our first saffa entry, cheers Chris.
    Stoked! 8)
  • doclach
    October 2009
    Make that 2 now with 'KCvalue" - yew!
  • doclach
    November 2009
    Just wanted to say thanks to chrisjunker - http://hushconcord.blogspot.com/ and KCvalue - http://manarise.blogspot.com/ for going in the comp and massive thanks to Gareth and Kelly for putting the time in to help in judging the comp. the Saffa lads didn't win, but Riptide will be sending Chris a 20th Anniversary T-shirt for being the first international entrant.

Sportscamera have offered another camera for a comp next year. It will be a fresh format, we'll keep you posted when it is sorted, it will be open to everyone again>
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.