I AM MONSTER clothing make RT frontpage

• doclach
    September 2009
    Congrats I AM MONSTER, The Riptide Team put you on the Frontpage of the website today.

The text under the clothing images reads (I've italicised the live links in the rippy post):

While taking a gander at the South African mag, Sixty40, homepage we came across I am Monster a new clothing label ran by some more talented bodyboarders. As you can see from the pic above the gear is pretty damn good. To get your hands on some new tees check out their website at iammonster.co.za.

The lads also have a blog that can be found at thesemonsters.blogspot. Trawling the blog will also direct you to these cool websites, Street Boners and TV Carnage and myluckyundiesarered!

onya for backing booger :twisted:

Bodyboarding 1,237 views

12 Replies

• Francois
    September 2009
    Siiiiiiiick exposure for IAMMONSTER!!!!
  • Jared HoustonJared Houston
    September 2009
    Great Write up from the actual Riptide team.

As for the comments,what a bunch of losers.
    Kinda makes me feel sick.

Pay them no attention matty!
  • doclach
    September 2009
    ^^ yer I just saw all that Jerry :(

The frontpage has an open commenting system, which personally I'm not that keen on. Movement has it too on their page and to me it ends up looking like youtube (you know those ridiculous comments you get streaming under youtube clips).

We had simillar 'problems' on the forum a while ago, but took steps to tidy that up and now, for a forum, it is a more pleasant place.

Like Jerry said Matty, pay no attention to the stupid comments and keep doing your stuff - I'll guarantee none of those with their heads up their butt are helping boog in any way like you are.

stuff that counts is:

"sweet as clothes aye."

"nice clothing"

"who cares its still supporting the bodyboarding community. plus there designs are sick!!!!"

and props to Jared for writing on behalf of Matt to fill the picture in from a pro view. balls-out riding AND writing bru.
  • iammonster
    September 2009
    Wow man so stoked that is sooo cool bru!!!
    Shot rippies for posting that, its really rad man!!

Jared, doclach and craig shot bros for keeping it real, really stoked you boys hung in there for me...and had some great stuff to say!!!!!

Thanks for all the guys who went on there and gave some nice feedback, sheesh there are always gonna be critics but some of those guys were quite gnarly...haha....but yeah i dont care man, some guys just never have anthing decent to say

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SmTSmT
    September 2009
    Stoked Matty and I AM MONSTER, sick coverage but pity about those fools with nothing better to do, I gave them a piece of my mind, haha!
  • BillybusterBillybuster
    September 2009
    Good form matty boyyy!! Much love & respect my man!! More labels the better... The sport is growing, & because of people like YOU!!

Much respect brudda!!
  • Len at ScienceLen at Science
    September 2009
    Hi Matty, well done with your brand. you must remember you will always get some geegs trying to dis your brand. the answer is just stay out of the arguement. the more you do the more you will be critisezed. stay true to your brand and we just stand up for our friends.
  • doclach
    September 2009
    Good u set the facts straight on the naming progression Matty, funny how the w#nkers settled down after that.

So sick the Saffas banded together - good crew indeed. Respex
    (some mates here chipped in for ya too, haha)

So I have a request, if I may - would love to see a front-on pic of you Billy busting some sick air on the D-Rex with chest off board sporting a monster shirt LOUD and Sean T (SmT yeah?), dunno if you can manage in da surf, bit something simillar would be pretty radddddd. Little challenge there - up for it? 8)
  • iammonster
    September 2009
    hahah yeah it was classic man....hahahaha

yes shot BOYS!!! for everyone that chipped in there and the oz guys who stood up thanks!!

Billy bruuuu if you up im up...have to ask rip curl first though hahaha...
    And sean rashies are coming soon....haha :)
  • BillybusterBillybuster
    September 2009
    Ahhh bro, would love to but if it reaches the Mag & RipCurl see it, i will be in major cuck! I suggest maybe wez fischer sport your logo matty & get a sick shot of that for the mag!! what you think...sorry cant help!! :(
  • SmTSmT
    September 2009
    Cool, always up for a challenge.
  • iammonster
    September 2009
    YEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW!!

Ok guys the hype on riptide site has finally subsided!

Just a big thanks to all the boys that gave us some props and stood up for us. When it first popped up there was lots of negativity but you guys pulled off through for the monster and for SA bodyboarding in general and it means the world to us at the monster!!

woooo thanks boys!!

If you are wondering where to follow us and stay updated with the latest happening around the monster please check out http://www.thesemonsters.blogspot.com.. Sean Tickner interview will be up there soon...check it out..
    Also if you are hitting up the blog regularly, it will be cool if you joing blogger.com (free) and 'follow us' please. its all the rage hahaha

http://www.iammonster.co.za[attachment=0]iammonsterclothingblogpage.jpg[/attachment]
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.