Western Province Champs

• scorpio
    August 2009
    What a hoax.
    Adam Morley travelled to Cape Town to participate in the WP Champs.He made the final in Pro Division.
    This is the third year in a row that he has been in the finals.
    It is not always possible to travel back and forward to Ape Town as we all know petrol prices and costs are involved.
    WP are very keen to encourage bodyboarders to enter there contest,but when it comes to prizegiving they shun the riders if they do not attend there prizegiving.Adam therefore did not receive his 3rd place prize.
    In future he will cox the WP Champs and concentrate on Boland and EP Champs.
    Not a great way of treating such a talented rider and his sponsors..

Bodyboarding 396 views

1 Reply

• Jared HoustonJared Houston
    September 2009
    Hey Kev.

Im not on the commitee or anything,but it being my home province I know how things work kinda.

While I see where your coming from,its also not a great way to treat the event sponsors by not being present at the prizegiving to accept his prize,the prizegiving is another tool that WP'S sponsors use for marketing after sponsoring the years trials etc.

It has been a rule that you need to attend the prizegiving to recieve your prize for quite some time now.

Adam is a friend of mine and im not for one second putting him or you down,just filling you in on what I know.
    Hope alls well up in mbay and that the crew is ripping!

Hope adam is gonna be in hawaii?
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.