SA CHAMPS VANDALS!

• RussellRussell
    August 2009
    Hi Guys I have it on good authority from a very reliable source that locals at this years SA Champs venue are none to pleased about the influx of bodyboarders to their beaches. Apparently there is talk of these guys intending to trash competitors cars, tyres etc and generally just cause kak. So those of you going down, make sure you keep an eye out and make sure you have good insurance.

Bodyboarding 521 views

3 Replies

• ElementreeElementree
    August 2009
    Thanks Russell.

Funny thing is that, as far as I know, apart from possibly one or two locals, EBay and surrounds doesn't really have locals - of the wave riding type. It has guys that often ride up that side, but then there's hundreds of them...so what's the issue with crowds?

If there's waves, EBay is a Zoo and after SA surfing's "Holy Grail" (The Zag man The Zag), stupidly published photos of other spots in the area without photoshopping out the landmarks they only have themselves to blame for crowds.

I mean seriously anyone with half a braincell can figure out where that spot is based on the landmark they failed to remove.

I really don't know what the big issue is and if someone does do something stupid like vandalising property when there are more than 150 spongers around - good luck to them.

It's 1 week out of the year and 1 week out of the next who knows how many years before Boland can host SA's again.
    Most of the "locals" won't even be in the area for the majority of the contest (because most if it happens during the week), and according to a earlier forum poster - based on statistics the waves should be miff during the comp.

If this really is such an issue then I can only question the maturity of those throwing around threats.

The event is happening whether they like it or not.

Get over it, move on.

Good luck to the Boland Bodyboarding Association. I believe that they are putting in a massive effort to make this event be the best that it can be and I am certain that a great time will be had by every single competitor.
  • RussellRussell
    August 2009
    maybe when they get caught rossi can sit on them? probably hurt a fair bit!
  • Scarecrow
    August 2009
    This is very childish!! Wait hang on there was a standup competition at Kalk Bay not too long ago....maybe I shoulda gone and slashed tyres and vandalised cars cos I couldn't surf 'my' wave. These people need to grow up.
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.