Rep for Jerry (Jared Houston)

• doclach
    August 2009
    On the rippy forum we have a self-promo section, which is basically for photos of waves and booging.
    A good mate of mine and his girl that I roll with down the South coast take heaps of photos of the trecks. Tors is a Shark Island local and takes shots all over the place. Dee is his girl. bloody great folks.
    Anyways Tors has poted on the forum one of his runs and in the blog is Jerry doing a massive lip off a slab. it has had some sick comments and thought you guys would like to see the respect he is getting at local level out here.
    the forum link for the comments is:
    http://www.riptidemag.com.au/forum/view ... f=7&t=3142

the link to see the pics in Tors blog is:
    http://followtheswell.blogspot.com/2009 ... slabs.html

The blog section is called "sucky slabs".
    It's one of the best booger blogs around IMO. few words, lots of shots and regularly updated. you will note he never gives location name, date of shoot or times (so people cant work out swell directions and tides that work in places, even if they can work out where it may be).
    He's an old-skool charger and loves a reef keg or two. doesn't put up with crap and lets his riding do the talking = solid crew.

Bodyboarding 4,629 views

34 Replies

• iammonster
    August 2009
    yyyeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Jerry!!!

That backflip is bullshit!!

Nice one cuz!!
  • johno
    August 2009
    jerrys on the next!!!
  • TiaanK
    August 2009
    johno wrote:
    jerrys on the next!!!

Johno, does that even mean something? Haha.

Jared's flying high nonetheless!
  • morrisminormorrisminor
    August 2009
    Awkward....that was an awkward landing? completely backwards, in the tube, on a sucky reef.....oh my gosh, that man is an android.......flippin huge too....nutsnutsnuts, I would have ripped my vocals out screaming for that
  • doclach
    August 2009
    TiaanK wrote:
    johno wrote:
    jerrys on the next!!!

Johno, does that even mean something? Haha.

Jared's flying high nonetheless!

Houston boostin'!!

Always tricky 'speaking' for someone else Tiaank, but down here "The Next" refers to "The Next Level" (so I reckon that is what johno means, but stand for correction) - that's what, IMO, Jerry is doing, he is one of the riders taking Booga to the next level.... of power, air, style, commitment, fluidity in waves of consequence. (a rider lost half his face at this same break yesterday)

People often ask where BB riding is heading, moves like this in waves like this are the beginning of the next level, welcome to the future - and the sick thing is, it is only the start....
  • craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    August 2009
    Oh my sacky sack sackness that is MUNGA!!!
    Jerry boet....u take me faaaaar away mabroo :shock:

Most okes would think twice about doin this kuk on a beachie :!:
  • doclach
    October 2009
    Recently we had the prem of the 09 Shark island vid at emerald Surf city (the local booger shop at Cronulla co-sponsors the SIC).
    I grabbed a couple of shots of Jerry while we were there. I intended to post them a while ago, but time caught up - until yesterday when one of my best mates brought his name up.
    Tors (mate) was riding and shooting down at a not-so-known reef section which is notorious for its harsh skin-removing ability, not only cos of the rocks, but the damn sharp barnacles that grow on them. We just had some solid swell and I was asking him how it all went. The convo went pretty much word for word like this:

"That Saffa dude, Jared was there. Man he is a psycho, he was doing full ARS from the lip busting through that fully exposed rock section at and fully landing it on the other side! Man, no one does that, he's crazy (in respect terms). That dude's a world champion in the making I swear."

And that is from a man not prone to exaggeration and has seen a rider or two in his time, you could say.

so that reminded me I had these 'happy snap' pics in the hard drive.

1. Jared with Dessie (Emerald owner and ball-tearing rider)
    769598b2.jpg

2. L to R Jerry, Dessie, Shaun Petersen (SIC 2009) , Glen "Sully" Sullivan (SIC 2009)
    6e157eaa.jpg

3. Jerry and Shark Island local Photog Mitch Pearson
    158dc8b8.jpg
  • Spy Dude
    October 2009
    u should see him doing hand drag spins... hahhaha

jerry rocks, and he is a real nice fella too. Glad he is showing u aussies how its done :mrgreen:
  • doclach
    October 2009
    haha Spydude, I haven't seen him do those yet :wink:
    Maybe he can get a pic doing one under this wave :shock:
    'The boys' took Jerry here the other day and let him have a 'play' in the session this was shot. This wave is a mean S.O.B
    Seems you Saffas are pretty tough - he came out smiling!

This empty shot is on a public forecasting site here in Oz, so i can put it up, thankyou to http://www.swellnet.com.au/ and
    Photo copyright Steve Jones.

cd0615a2.jpg
  • Spy Dude
    October 2009
    is that the one on Jerry's Blog?
  • doclach
    October 2009
    ^ don't know spy, don't check his blog mate.
  • Jared HoustonJared Houston
    October 2009
    Spy,
    same place, same day, different shot.
    Very special place indeed:P

I was very rattled by the place to be quite honest DOC!
    Had to put on my best 'poker face'
  • robson
    October 2009
    Jase Finlay, Brenden Newton, Glen Sullivan and Jerry Housten hitting that bombie.

http://www.vimeo.com/7130715

Rich.
  • doclach
    November 2009
    Excerpt from The Nationals here in Oz at the moment
    (courtesy swellnet)
    Quote:
    Some of the worlds best bodyboarders have landed in the Gold Coast for the final leg of the 2009 Rebel Sport Pro presented by Movement Mag.

Conditions cleaned up considerably today and Duranbah dished up some consistent 1.0 metres wedges.

Jarred Houston of Cape Town in South Africa put on the most unbelievable display of surfing and is now crowd favourite to cause a major upset at this years event.

Houston knocked up a phenomenal 19.43 combined wave total which included a perfect 10 for a massive back flip and a 9.43 as his second scoring wave for a huge invert (see pics below).

Second in his heat Conor Nelson managed to only put together 10.43, with Simon Cowan placing third with 10.50.

"I am really happy with how things went, I think that I got the best two waves that came through today so I couldn't do anything else, I just had to hit them," said Houston

Jarred Houston moved from South Africa six months ago as he wished to further his career in Bodyboarding.

Since moving he's been caught charging waves on the South Coast of NSW and he is rapidly growing a solid reputation whose surfing has been compared to Ben Player by many in the bodyboarding fraternity.....

Full report and a couple of sick pics of Jerry by Sully at:
    http://www.swellnet.com.au/dispatch.php ... 111109.php

Swellnet is one of the biggest forecasting sites in Oz, so this is big rep for Jared.

Go Jerry!!

PS Sully has just sent me through an e-mail and there are some random roadtrip pics of some saffa crew travelling with Sully (cos I said to him some saffas were keen to hear of the lads) in his rider thread on the Rippy forum at:
    http://www.riptidemag.com.au/forum/view ... 7dea77d0bd
    November 2009
    Thanks for that Doc!
    Your more on it than some of my countryman?Thanks so much for the support bru!

Just wanna say thanks for all the support I have been recieving via facebook,email and text its been really greaT!

I arrived on the Goldy last week friday and headed out for a night on the town with the boys and it was real fun,stoked to get it outta my system and concentrate on the task at hand.

I was excited to compete at Dbah because its a peaky beachbreak not dissimalar to many waves back home.

I have surfed through from round one,winning each heat and yesterday posting a total of 19.43 in my 2nd round heat.
    Today was a good one too and I opened with a 9.33!

The judges are loving the backflip it seems and il be hoping to cash in on that when I come against the current Tour leader Corey Mclean in Rd 4 tommorow morning at 7am.

Hopefully I can keep my form,im really looking forward to it.
    Thanks for all the support guys!
    November 2009
    Yeah Jerry represent bruddaaaaaaa :!:
    So sick bro, too stoked for u man :mrgreen:
    Best of luck.
  • BillybusterBillybuster
    November 2009
    Best of luck cuzz!! I see you been dominating bro... Keep up the good form & enjoy everything over there whilst you can!! Take care brudda!! Charge hard......
    November 2009
    Round 4 is a wrap and was completed in 1ft waves(shocking)!

I got real lucky in my heat with two scores in the 6pt range to get me a 2nd by .17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It could of been anyones game and so stoked it was mine,wow.

Tommorow is the final day and Il be in the 2nd 1/4 final coming up agaisnt Chad Jackson,Cade Sharp and Dave Winchester.
    Really stoked to be competing against these guys,hopefully it picks up!
  • Lea
    November 2009
    "Jarred Houston of Cape Town in South Africa put on the most unbelievable display of surfing and is now crowd favourite to cause a major upset at this years event.

Houston knocked up a phenomenal 19.43 combined wave total which included a perfect 10 for a massive Air Roll Spin (ARS) and a 9.43 as his second scoring wave for a huge invert.

"I am really happy with how things went, I think that I got the best two waves that came through today so I couldn't do anything else, I just had to hit them" said Houston

Jarred Houston moved from South Africa six months ago as he wished to further his career in Bodyboarding.

Since moving he's been caught charging waves on the South Coast of NSW and he is rapidly growing a solid reputation whose surfing has been compared to Ben Player by many in the bodyboarding fraternity."

Source:

http://www.surfertoday.com/bodyboarding/2589-jarred-houston-scores-fantastic-waves-at-the-2009-raw-national-titlesyvComment2589
  • robson
    November 2009
  • doclach
    November 2009
    Such a sick run of pics. Swellnet is a massive surf forecasting site here, so a lot of exposure. sickest pics I've seen on there in a while. Rumours of video footage of the day... but you can't believe everything you read on the net, can you Mr Robson? haha (Rich took vid footage on the day.... for later....)
  • robson
    December 2009
  • doclach
    December 2009
    And it keeps coming! Jerry may be on the rock at the moment, but his insane riding rep lives on here.
    Latest Swellnet pictorial:

"No Problem for Houston"
    Quote:
    The eagle has landed in the pit of a backless bomby. With just two feet of buckled water below and eight feet of pitching lip above the situation looks dire.
    South Africa's Jared Houston pilots his way through two heaving pits somewhere off the East Coast of NSW. Steve Jones captures the action. //STUART NETTLE

http://www.swellnet.com.au/sessions.php?session=No_Problem_For_Houston_171209.php

yeww!!! go hard in HW Mista Houston!!
    December 2009
    Thanks Doch,im so stoked on that bru.

I didnt even see it till now,hawaii is great keep in touch man.
    Missing you guys!
  • Tors
    January 2010
    Jerry tearing up a few heavy ledges in NSW Australia from just before he set off to the rock...

http://www.followtheswell.com/vsurrealvideo.html
  • Spy Dude
    January 2010
    Jared... thats Massive... Big Respect bru.
    January 2010
    Thanks Tory!
    Missing you guys back in oz!

Spy that left is the same wave featured on the back inside cover of the latest 6040(I think its the back inside cover?)
    Pretty nuts place.
    Its sorta unmakable,but makes for a pretty sick shot!
  • Tors
    January 2010
    No worries mate.
    Hows the big island treating you?
    when you coming back to oz?
  • doclach
    March 2010
    Jerry is back in Oz after his solid 3rd place in the pipe comp and he's hanging with Mark Watts.
    caught a snap of the fells at the recent Thrash'd premiere at wollongong. Great to catch up with the lads and they were heading for a good night out with the crew.
    Mad to have the boys here. I'll bang some updates in here as we cross paths.

L to R:
    Jerry, Tom Rigby, Wattsy, Joe Clarke
    DSCN1687.jpg
  • doclach
    March 2010
    Movement mag is another boog mag in Oz and Jerry just got an interview feature on there. Be aware it is totally unmoderated (pretty much like the riptide frontpage) so you will see some pretty stupid things written in there by the keyboard heroes. But already there is a lot od stoke for Jerry filtering through, which is rad to see.
    Pic and story here:
    http://www.movementmag.com/_blog/Blend/post/Stellar_Saffa/
    March 2010
    Nice one Doc!

Check this link on the page you linked, just thought I would share it quick :mrgreen:
    Some of the best tuberiding skills I have seen, comparable to a few legends of the break even!

All the best on the tour Jerry, too stoked for you buddy, long time comin.

Aweh :!:
    March 2010
    Nice one Doc!

Check this link on the page you linked, just thought I would share it quick :mrgreen:
    Some of the best tuberiding skills I have seen, comparable to a few legends of the break even!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6koBur1zPXg

All the best on the tour Jerry, too stoked for you buddy, long time comin.

Aweh :!:
  • doclach
    March 2010
    Sick stuff Craig :!:

Jerry is everywhere at the moment. Legend Oz photog Phil "Toinz" Gallagher has cranked up Fluidzone again with a fresh look in link with Swellnet.
    Toinzy ran an interview with Jerry the other week and it's up here:

http://www.fluidzone.com/news/1086-jared-houston-q-a

check the man's form in the pics - solid and tweaked as always 8)
  • doclach
    April 2010
    IBA soldiers beach Pro is on here - Jerry is in the final against Kingy!

Also MANY THANKS to sixty40 for being the most up to date results source via twitter and the webpage here, for a competition that is just up the road. Always setting the standard.
    Muchos respecto.
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.