Girl riders out there?

• Alette
    July 2009
    Is it just the boys who catch the sick waves or are there any girls out there giving them stick? :lol: Let me hear from the Western Cape chicks - where is your fav spot? :mrgreen:

Bodyboarding 1,001 views

8 Replies

• Inky
    July 2009
    I don't know, I was told by a source that chicks have been banned from BB because they complain about evvvverything! ooooo it's cold.......ooooooo the kelp is "ickhy", oooooooo the waves are chasing me..... :roll:
  • Scarecrow
    July 2009
    Nooit Inky! There are some pretty good chicks riding the boogie in the Cape. I think that they just don't get down to the beach as much as the guys (is it just me or do alot of okes in CT not work???). Some names that come to mind are Suzie Husselman and Leanne Farish amongst others. I think that the problem is that alot of guys in the water give the girls a hard time or drop in on them. We need to support them more. Also the girls don't have camera crews to cruise around with like some of the CT guys, so there is alot less footage of them.

Bru, some years back a friend of mine paddled out at 4-5ft Dias Beach on her boogie and was charging it. The way she was riding it back then would still put alot of guys to shame 8) She moved to Aus tho.
  • doclach
    July 2009
    Alette, if you do find some Saffa gals charging, please let me know as the aussie girls would love to meet them. rather than use words, I'll bang up some pics of some lovely friends, Lilly Pollard and Emma Roby (who you may know from the chicks at chopes article) they live on our south coast and charge hard on days where I've seen plenty blokes woos out. also the wonderful Geraldine Gogin from Peru to give some international flavour, heaps more shots of gals chargin', but don;t want to use up okes bandwidth.
    Should be enough to make the point :D

Emma Roby by lilly Pollard (ANZAC day this year)
    ff8092d9.jpg

Emma Roby by brad lewis (Rutaki)
    cfb2e1af.jpg

Lilly Pollard by andrew smythe
    dcccf7b2.jpg

Geraldine Gogin by unknown
    1a4a0caa.jpg
  • andreas
    July 2009
    They've got some balls :)
  • Scarecrow
    July 2009
    Woohoo! That's some charging right there!!
  • Inky
    July 2009
    Nah crow i'm just kidding, she's my sister! Isn't Danielle Cook pretty good too? I saw her charge freakin huge Factory in the "Lines of Fire" DVD.

Those pics are sick!
  • Scarecrow
    July 2009
    :lol: Ok, got ya :lol:
  • short-circuit amy
    August 2009
    Hey Guys,I totally agree with what you guys are saying,Im BB and everyone I surf with is guys who get threatened whenever I'm getting some sick waves.and tell me to take photos instead :? dont get it..Ive seen some great chick surfers out there but us SA BB chicks are rare,and I think the reason is cos we dont get enough credit for it.
    Have a great one :wink:
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.