Stoke

• Francois
    June 2009
    Hi guys...

I started working this year so especcially in the winter, my sessions are limited to weekends. But on Tuesday, I decided to shoot through to Derdesteen to see if I can maybe find something just to unwind. There wasn't much happening but as I was contemplating whether I should rather turn back and take on the traffic, a bakkie with a couple of guys stopped. They looked as if they also just finished working. They jumped out, suited up and ran to the break joking and hooting as they went. I realised that that's wat it's all about. The stoke they had motivated me to paddle into the shorey and surf till the sun went down. This post may sound a bit gay but for me, this is what bodyboarding is about. Having fun with mates or random okes you meet in the water. I love it. Why can't all bodyboarders try and build a culture where we greet eachother, surf together, go crazy together?? Just a thought...

Bodyboarding 772 views

10 Replies

• Spy Dude
    June 2009
    Derdes on wednsady morning

[img]http://wavescape.co.za/forum/download/file.php?id=461[/img]
  • Chinnychinchin
    June 2009
    Oh my hat I mind surfed that pic to pieces!!! DK the left into a floater/slash/air/Jack-roll/off-the-top/reverse off the top/reverse/forward/air forward/summersault off the right....or prone the right into a ramp/boost/air/roll/ars/backflip/invert/oldschool air/reverse/air-reverse/forawrd/air-forward/off the top/handdrag/summersault off the left.....aaaaaahhhhhhhhh I'm SO amped for some waves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the inspiration Spy. :D
  • StJohnLombard_Bodyboarder
    June 2009
    Here in EL you meet random oaks and within seconds your chatting, cheering, having a jol, thats what the vibe is like here, Naturally. chilled... I love it here and would never replace it.

Stoke to the max. :!:
  • Inky
    June 2009
    I totally agree, i'll never forget last summer sitting on my board on a perfect weather day, clean 4 to 5 ft Caves with the mountain as a back drop. It's when you take of on a wave and see the schools of fish scattering underneath you as you cruise over them pulling into a dik close out that makes it all worth while! I love that place
  • ConorConor
    June 2009
    Yo spy was that you sitting on the beach the whole morning with like the fattest lens in the world?????????
  • Scarecrow
    June 2009
    Man oh man! Damn Spy, you know how to make me hate work :twisted:
  • snoopster
    June 2009
    PERFECT :)
    i was surfing there the whole day...
    local = lekka :)
  • Spy Dude
    June 2009
    Dudes, not my photo, i missed that whole swell cos i have a day job. I know the oke who took it, Derdes local standup who drive a canaey yellow Audi RS3.
  • Ricky_Bobby
    June 2009
    Spy, you missed an AMAZING day. I got in the water at about 14:30. It was a lot bigger than usual and nearly every wave barrelled(right and left) and made a quality end bowl for flips and stuff. What made the day sick was the fact that 90% of the guys out from 14:30 onwards were boogers. :D
    ps. Does anybody have any more pics of last wednesday?
  • Spy Dude
    June 2009
    I know i did, enjoy it while you can, i got my decade in of working nights and surfing days, it was the best time of my life, but then shit gets serious and you gotta nuckle down and do some real work. U know the score.. get a job, cut your hair, get bond, have a baby, get a divorce, pay maintence, try save for yr old age, drink more, live less.

Anyways
    This was also last wednsday, the evening session somewhere thats not derdesteen.
    Pierre Hugo took the photo.. not me.

[img]http://wavescape.co.za/forum/download/file.php?id=463[/img]
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.