Photos!

• ConorConor
    May 2009
    Have there been no photos uploaded for two weeks???????
    Im having withdrawal symptoms please someone do something! :roll:

Bodyboarding 1,352 views

19 Replies

• Elianderthehateful
    May 2009
    I'm afraid 60/40 has been reduced to a spot where people post links to their blogspots and wavescape where there are tons of photo's and more exposure.
  • Spy Dude
    May 2009
    EEish.. ok now u make me feel swak.
    Wavescape got their act together after years and years of just plodding along.

Ok ok i will post the shots i have of crow and rohan at that not so secret spot that i cant name down south this evening, i promice. Saddly, its all i have in regards to boogers at the mo. I need motivation to shoot bodyboarding, motivation gets lost through an over saturated market (in CT there are like 20 other photogs and a mag that only uses 3 of them) The fact that the average booger hardly ever offers money for a shot, but all too quickly pops the photo (9/10 without permission) onto their facebook profile.

So ya
    i dunno... Crow owes me lank beers anyways. :lol:
  • Inky
    May 2009
    I would gladly pay for a decent photie of me. I only have one or two shot of me taken with a kakky camera taken like 10 km up the beach or something.
  • Spy Dude
    May 2009
    Inky where do you live?
  • Inky
    May 2009
    I'm in Strand, fairly new to the area. Enjoy Caves when it's on but it looks like that shop has closed till next summer or Pringles. I have to try and figure out where to go by myself as I don't really have a surfing crew I surf with.
  • jovi
    May 2009
    JA..............

I would pay for photo`s too.... But what do you charge?? :D need sick shots of me..

Let me know if you amped spy.
  • StJohnLombard_Bodyboarder
    May 2009
    I uploaded photos from my session on tuesday... when they going up?????
  • elemenohpee
    May 2009
    Inky wrote:
    I'm in Strand, fairly new to the area. Enjoy Caves when it's on but it looks like that shop has closed till next summer or Pringles. I have to try and figure out where to go by myself as I don't really have a surfing crew I surf with.

Are from originaly from Durbs
  • IvanZa
    May 2009
    What sort of setup is reasonable for taking photo's from the beach? Lets say for beachbreak type setups. Typically a 50 to 100m paddle to the wave. Price wise ? :P Camera and lens.
  • Jared HoustonJared Houston
    May 2009
    eilander when you gonna put some photos up bud?
    Or are you in london?

I post links to blogs to give you guys a more personal insight into our lives,and also some sweet pictures, not trying to take away anything from sixty40, heck, il gladly write some updates and send some photos with kellys permission..
  • Luc
    May 2009
    "The fact that the average booger hardly ever offers money for a shot, but all too quickly pops the photo (9/10 without permission) onto their facebook profile." amen................

And if the photo is "stolen" and placed somewhere the photog is never mentioned so he or she gets no advertising. Also it looks stupid to have a pic on your site or facebook or MSW or whever with "copyright Koos Kamera" written all over it as it shows you have little or no respect for the photographer, his (or her) work or the rights of photographers as a group. Be great if you even asked before taking - I would normally remove the copyright thing over the picture and only asked to be credited as the photographer - very few do this.

Have been thinking about this for a while and will probably "sponsor" 1 or 2 guys with pictures and the rest I am going to use photoshop heavily to make sure the image is not worth taking.
  • Inky
    May 2009
    Ja very true, the equipment does cost a kakhouse full of money, the least we can do is give credit where it's due! So how much does a shoot like this go for these days?? - ZOOLANDER :shock:
  • lyle
    May 2009
    StJohnLombard_Bodyboarder wrote:
    I uploaded photos from my session on tuesday... when they going up?????

if they up stjohn, post me a link. they looked sick so wanna check them.
  • craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    May 2009
    Spy i know a good few okes who would not only pay u ur hourly rate but buy u a sweet meal & beers afterwards for sum good shot bro!
    All wee need to do is make a meeting based on a good swell & wind forecast (pref on a weekend) and get it on :mrgreen:

It can and will happen dood and u know this :wink:
  • Spy Dude
    May 2009
    Ok i authed a whole ton of photos... so the whole photo gallery is now updated... man there were photos sitting there for weeks waiting to be authorised.... anyone know whats happened to kelly.
  • JAMES bye
    May 2009
    i just uploaded some photos of scottburgh going off yesterday and on thursday.... wish somone would authorise them
  • Spy Dude
    May 2009
    sorted bru....
  • StJohnLombard_Bodyboarder
    June 2009
    Hey Lyle, they did go up, 3 of them. they got throw far out of exposure from the public eye with the mass upload of the other shots....

Here they are:

http://www.sixty40.co.za/displayphoto.php?i=17244&t=m&p=10&s=desc

http://www.sixty40.co.za/displayphoto.php?i=17245&t=m&p=10&s=desc
    [url]
    http://www.sixty40.co.za/displayphoto.p ... =10&s=desc[/url]

I always hear of your out of town missions, you must really let me know when you go, and maybe you can pick me up, and i can shoot, and score a few with you.
  • lyle
    June 2009
    shot st, i saw they went up. still sick shots.
    yeah mate, will def give you a shout. saterdays are my mission days bru! will call you fri. cheers
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.