Mozambique advice

• Inky
    May 2009
    Hi guys,

I'm planning a trip to Mozambique in December and was wondering if any of you okes have been up that way. How was it and so on, any decent waves? We are going to Ponto d'ouro, I know there is a pretty sweet point break there but I'm looking for a reef or a beachie.......

Shot guys!

:)

Bodyboarding 494 views

5 Replies

• Spy Dude
    May 2009
    If ponto is on, u wont want to be anywhere else. Love that wave, indo in southern africa. Warm water hollow rights.
    Mind the crocs in the line up
    and the drunk vaalies on jetskis

Not to sure about Dec but if there is a cyclone up north, u will def get waves. Just be prepared to do allot of diving as it does go flat and onshore for days on end.

eat seafood as chicken and meat costs the earth
    local beer rocks
    take yr own condoms though, plenty poppies there at that time of year, and condoms are as expensive as gold.
    Dont by tourist crap till yr last day, buy then u would have figured out the real prices...
    and mozzie repelent and a mozzie net for your bed

mmmm i wanna go back....
  • Inky
    May 2009
    Thanks for the reply, I really hope I get some waves! I guess the best thing to do is to just explore
  • lyle
    May 2009
    spy when you reckon is the best time to go? ive been trying to get 2 mates on board for a trip either to nam or mozambique. we were looking at tofo though. also wanted to go around dec time. i reckon for dec nam would have better chances of getting waves but they keen for mozambique. still researching....
  • Spy Dude
    May 2009
    Moz.. cyclone season... anytime from dec - May i skim, durban okes would know better.
    I just scored a luck once, was in Kozi bay and a swell came down, bribed my way in (R200 to boarder gaurd) and got smuggled back into SA 3 days later in the boot of a car (no passport)
  • Inky
    May 2009
    Any close lesser known cooking spots close to Punto? I recon if its flat i'm going to "klap a toon" and look

:mrgreen:
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.