Why is Sixty40 so dead

• Spy Dude
    May 2009
    This site has become so dead boring...... dont boogers discuss things these days?
    Or are we limited to bodyboarder vs surfer debates? (yawn)

Believe that toothy spot up the west coast that we cannot name got stand up (paddle) surfed yesterday with loads of photographers and videographers on hand to capture the action... Oh well cat had to leave the bag at some stage hey.

Yes i said that to instigate a raging debade....

Someone say something interesting... quick, cos i am falling asleep.

Bodyboarding 1,842 views

29 Replies

• Paulbruwer
    May 2009
    Something (silently) interesting. We stayed in the town close to the spot and bodyboarded in the region untill we matriculated in 1997. No camera's and no cats even born to be let out off the bag, but our memories still lives on.... Still remember the time we said, "One day people will discover the spots and the cameras will flash." Those were the days of our "Old School" and only 3-4 mates out a session and knowing that we had our own little paradise....

When we left the town,guys like Naas and Attie started to rip the spots apart. The rest is history, and I tend to think we had the best of the history all on our own.....
  • Spy Dude
    May 2009
    someone said something.... woooo hoooo....
    yeah Paul ... feel u there, can say the same about a few spots south of here too...... best left in the memories..
  • ElementreeElementree
    May 2009
    Hummm...

I'd like to see the shots...and props to them if they did.

JMO & Peter Lambert surfed it yesterday, at about 6 foot according to James.

No standups mentioned in the conversation i had with him...just tales of phat barrels and mad wipeouts.
  • Spy Dude
    May 2009
    Spy has his sources......
  • SebSeb
    May 2009
    How does this weekends SWELL look!?!? now thats a topic for discussion...
  • ElementreeElementree
    May 2009
    My guess is that it's gonna be messy and unsurfable, but maybe those are just my wishes considering that i won't be around to take advantage of the post storm surge madness.

:twisted:
  • ConorConor
    May 2009
    Yo =))))))
    If standups did paddle out i would dig to see the photos!!!!!
    Do you happen to have a source where i can find them spydude???
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • JmoJmo
    May 2009
    Yeah there were 2 standups out there and 3 different video or stills guys just there to egg them on... so lame. Anyway they were doing better than expected so credit is due to them. There were some heavy waves.

Swell on Sunday looks like a monster :shock: I just wish that Hurricane Bessie wasn't hitting us at the same time...
    I think Mark might be dusting off the old rubber duck just in case :D
  • Spy Dude
    May 2009
    see see i tuned you okes.... they dont call me spy for nothing.....
  • Chinnychinchin
    May 2009
    Saturday midnight/Sunday Morning the swell is predicted to peak at 31ft @ 15sec. Woohoo, kiff to watch that swell smashing rocks or a jetty or a prominade somewhere.....

The wind won't be right but I recon on Sunday the outer eefs around Gordons Bay/Strand should be rideable, maybe even a solid shorey at Bikini beach.
  • Inky
    May 2009
    Whoohoo!

They reckon it dropped a bit due to the two fronts not merging or something like that, will be on it though. This is my first winter in the Cape so I've been at Caves or "die Pyp" :roll: , I live in Strand, which outer reef bru, the one off Harbour Island or up towards Pipe? That shorey sound promising.

http://windguru.com/int/index.php?sc=131595
  • Scarecrow
    May 2009
    I reckon it's gonna be RAGING winds and the swell may be too westerly to provide decent surf, but then if you prepared to drive around alot, I'm sure you'll find something worth riding :wink:

I'm def gonna be out and about, wind/rain/whatever 8)
  • ronald911ronald911
    May 2009
    How you skim the wave is gonna be tomorrow morning in South Coast KZN? Think reefs and offshore spots will be going off?
  • sampisampi
    May 2009
    I know one thing is for sure. We are bound to have some beasties come through this side of the coast over the weekend (unless the swell goes too west). I can barely contain myself. As to this forum topic. Everyone spends all their internet time on Facebook now, it seems...
  • :::Tomas:::
    May 2009
    boooya!
    I know one guy that was out that got some sick shots of the stand ups. They had some heavy wipe outs...
    But apparently the one dude has surfed mavericks and so on. So they big wave riders. The one guy was actually surfing it backhand. Made some mad drops. :shock:
    I rate the swell is a bit big for the strand reefs, unless you get a boat out there or something.
    Hoping for some beast waves this weekend.
    Goodluck finding some crazy surf, and get some sick pics to put on the site!
    over and out...
  • Scarecrow
    May 2009
    Oh yeah, we got some solid surf on Sunday 8) It was SUPER crowded though, but still managed to get enough waves to keep me happy :lol: Took a beating or two though :twisted: I'm looking forward to seeing the pics cos there were quite a few photogs on the rocks...
  • Spy Dude
    May 2009
    Crow.. i put up a pic of you getting burned that Miquel shot... wavescape slidehshow, Sublime Sessions Vol 2, yours is the last frame in the album.
  • tauriq
    May 2009
    Yip yip. Surfed there as well scarecrow. checked out spydude's pics, pretty cool. It would of been good if you had to get the boogers getting shacked on the left from the left angle as well. Some nice ledgy pits that side. Crowded as hell on the right with about 20-25 guys and about 5 on the left. Was surprisingly one of the only spots handling that swell.
  • Spy Dude
    May 2009
    i got a few of crow and ronin that day, will post them here on sixty4o when i get a chance to edit them.
    Was busy with that wavescape slideshow most of last night.

T... u arrived as i was packing up, was a little over it by that stage and wanted to go collect rocks for my garden instead.
  • tauriq
    May 2009
    One thing about that session tho, the boogers were getting burned quite a bit cos the standups couldnt sit that deep on the left. Im sure scarecrow had his fair share :wink:
  • Spy Dude
    May 2009
    bru... everyone was getting burned, it was shocking to watch... surfers dont seem to respect anyone, not even one another.
    Didnt you notice my snide comments on wavescape about it. I feel for that Kneelo, he got sooooo worked.
  • tauriq
    May 2009
    I see front page of the argus is a shot of some big wave surfing. Didnt get to read it though. Any1 know where it is? This is the only link i could get with it
    http://www.capeargus.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=3177&fDate=2009-05-18&fEdition=2&fNewspapersectionId=1&fPageNumber=1
  • peterbee
    May 2009
    Yo, Spy, got a link for the Sublime Sessions volume II? Can't find it on Wavescape, and seeing as I put in a guest appearance on Sunday (must've missed you, tho), thought I'd take a sqiuzz...

Cheers
    Peter
  • Spy Dude
    May 2009
    If you goto wavescapes home page there is a banner leading to it

but here is the link for those technically challeneged folks... :wink:

http://www.wavescape.co.za/surfing-lifestyle/slide-show.html
  • Spy Dude
    May 2009
    Also , there seem to be more booger shots running in the photo section than there is here. Dangers shory, and somewhere else i cant figure out.

http://www.wavescape.co.za/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=331&g2_itemId=21
  • peterbee
    May 2009
    Ouch!

Thanks, dude - I used the freaking search, and control+F... gave banners a miss :-/
  • Ricky_Bobby
    May 2009
    Yesterday I saw a lot of seaweed and sand in the road at melkbos. Does anybody know how Melkbos and Derdesteen handled the swell?
  • Scarecrow
    May 2009
    Spy Dude wrote:
    I was a little over it by that stage and wanted to go collect rocks for my garden instead.

Spy, you never cease to amaze me dude!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope I don't end up like that now that I'm 30 :wink:
  • Spy Dude
    May 2009
    Dont diss my rock garden... i collect rocks from everywhere, each one is special. :mrgreen:
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.