Foot bunion from fins

• Inky
    April 2009
    Hi guys,

Does anyone else get funny boney foot bunions from their fins?? It's like a hard bony nob on your foot, it doesn't hurt, I'm just wondering if I should be worried. I have been bodyboarding for 10 years so it's not a new thing. I don't want to lose my foot hey!

Please okes :mrgreen:

Bodyboarding 2,638 views

20 Replies

• Wolfie
    April 2009
    ya i do from vipers and pods and im only bodyboarding 4 months now! :(
  • Inky
    April 2009
    Ja I used to wear Manta blades that were a bit small so I guess that where it started, I have Vipers now and it seems to be fine, I just don't want it to get worse
  • ElementreeElementree
    April 2009
    In my experience, different fins effect different people in different ways and it all has to do with the shape of that persons feet.

Over the years I have used a few pairs of fins - HB, Manta Blades, Octoblades, Redleys, Hydro T2 and now Vipers.

Each of these effected my feet in different ways. Some left cuts while others, like you, caused bunions to form.

In my opinion, bunions are just part of the parcel and aren't really something to worry too much about - for now.

Bunions do fade and pretty much disappear over time, but that means no more bodyboarding if you want this to happen!

My main concern would be the long term affects of the bunions. To me they resemble arthritis and I do worry that in years to come my love for bodyboarding may cost me the ability to walk freely.

But hey...I will deal with that when I get there.

Enjoy the ride!
  • Inky
    April 2009
    No more bodyboarding!? HA like hell! HAHA! :mrgreen:

My Vipers seem to be keeping it at bay, those are padded snd work lekka.

I'm also worried about the long term thing. I'd like to know if Mike Stewart and the boarders from that era have similar problems....well Mike is still going strong so I guess it can't be too bad... Like you said, I'll worry about it later!

Thanks for the imput advice bru!
  • ChilternburtChilternburt
    April 2009
    Yea but remember Mike's not your normal man, i swear he's half man, half dolphin....
    U ever see him bodysurf... check it out on YouTube!
  • Inky
    April 2009
    HAHA true!

The guy is a freak, but the good kind

• April 2009
    Jip like all have pointed out, it depends on how your body reacts to the finz you have. Coming from the same era as Mike S, i can say that a few years ago i had about 14 of those bony extras removed. It is your body trying to protect itself against something it has no idea of the reason why.

Go Big or don't go
  • Inky
    April 2009
    Hectic, can you still BB after having it removed? :shock:
  • Spy Dude
    April 2009
    Surfing aint natural.
    It fucks yr body up
    both my ears are screwed, up to 70% hearing loss in my left ear and 30% in my right, too skint to have the operation done, saddly my medical aid wont pay for it. so ya
    Pardon?
    oh
    and my right foot has the worse bunion ever, i have to use a fin thats too big on the right just to be able to kick out comfortably.

On the plus side
    getting dumped is a great way to loose weight.
  • Inky
    April 2009
    HAHAHAHA! good one!

• April 2009
    Still kickn but all the way. If look at the pic above, you'll see it is an extra and most of the time not connected(graphed) to your joint/bone. So they just remove the extra scar tissue and you end up with war wounds to impress your buds with.
  • elemenohpee
    April 2009
    Ya, we all have them,
    Just differernt shapes sizes and names,
    I went to the doctor and he said the best thing to do is get it removed or stop boogering,
    But im attached to her, :D
    Nah this thing is kak sleg, make my socks have little periods every time.

Here she is, her name is oliphantis

3774808-100x100-e55b5c0ff16e6dde4899e3ababa93f71.jpg
  • Scarecrow
    April 2009
    Holy crap dude! That's some SERIAAS bunions!!! :shock:
    I used to surf almost every day and I never had bunions that bad.
  • elemenohpee
    April 2009
    Haha ya, it started sometime last year just one session with some unconfortable socks on, and from then on it never went away,,, mmm pretty solid story,
    It just opened one day in a session at caves, was agonising for the next few sessions but from then on it just went away and pain is gone, i honestly dont notice or feel it anymore, just my buddies every time i go barefoot are like "aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, wtf is on you feet"
    Awe/

Can anyone help me for this, looks like a volcano
  • Inky
    April 2009
    Yip mine looks like the Pic I posted but not quite that bad, it's not red and sore like yours. I had that before and found that when I stopped to go work in the UK it went away, try other fins, I find the red dot Vipers to work leka for me. My big knob on my foot isn't getting worse thank goodness....for now.

Thanks for the input guys, we should start a support group. "Hi my name is Albert and I have a bunion on my foot....." " HIIII AAAAALbert!" :wink:[attachment=0]16042009(001).jpg[/attachment]
  • Spy Dude
    April 2009
    and suddenly the traffic on this string increaces with an influx on non boogering foot fetish pervo's. Sorry okes, wont post a pic of my little friend as its just gross!
  • morrisminormorrisminor
    April 2009
    oh....boney foot lump hey?Well, al i can say is this:i spent most of high school waiting for the spiders to hatch out of my foot.My 'bunion' (hahahah)actually split to the bone at one stage, and pretty much had the same volume as an average sized toe.

Ask kel (footit) or any old school lsc bodyboarder who in the day had the worst feet.....mmmm....when they reply.ask them why i was called 'pizza nose' too.

Bumps go away as you stop spending 8 hours a day in the water,just grow out.
  • Inky
    April 2009
    Wow thanks, I'm just gald i'm not the only "lump footed freak" in town, I guess my dreams of becoming a foot model is ruined!!! haha

They need to design a "ballie" model of fin or something for us okes!

8)
  • elemenohpee
    April 2009
    Spy,,,,
    Come on, i wanna see them :mrgreen:
  • Scarecrow
    May 2009
    elemenohpee wrote:
    Spy,,,,
    Come on, i wanna see them :mrgreen:

No....I'm pretty sure you don't!! :lol: :P 8)
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.