Caverock Challenge

• DBNMAV
    April 2009
    Is there anyway to know when the green light is given for the comp ?

I am really keen to get down and watch this comp as I missed the first one. I am trying to find a way to check in the morning if its on so I can call in "sick" that day.

any ideas where to check ?

Bodyboarding 665 views

5 Replies

• that NINJA kid
    April 2009
    Maybe try joinging the CKZNBA group on facebook dude, I had the first blurb from them through that the other day!

Otherwise Sixty40 should appoint a minion close to the action to keep us all informed!
  • DBNMAV
    April 2009
    thanks dude for the reply.....I am not on facebook though...and dont want to be ....not fan of all that BS.

is there anything setup like the shark island comp where you can go to a website and see if its a green light for that day or not?
  • Spy Dude
    April 2009
    This comes from a fourm user on the wavescape forum... who is a stand up and the photo ed for a large stand up mag...
    BooRadleys wrote:
    I know they have registered Anstey's as the back-up venue for the Quiksilver Pro Durban which runs at roughly the same time as this Cave Rock Bodyboarding Challenge, but is it possible that Quiksilver will get greedy and decide to run one or two days of their event at Cave Rock to create more media hype, and if they do decide on that, who will the council favour as to go ahead with competition that day? I also wonder what sort of chaos that will cause. Maybe there will be a massive riot amongst surfers and bodyboarders? I do confess I would like to see some of those visiting pro's taking on Cave Rock though, but not at the expense of the bodyboarders.

so ya... potential spanner in the works
    hope everyone has done their homework and brided the right officials... beleive cows and goats go down well...
  • ChilternburtChilternburt
    April 2009
    hmm thats not cool...
    at least he is not in favor of the stand ups taking away our compo...
  • DBNMAV
    April 2009
    That would really suck if they tried to cave for their compo, I do somehow doubt that the bodyboarders would just allow that

Cave Rock when its big and all the top guys riding it I think really displays what bodyboarding is about and not the normal 2 foot mush when people dont really appreciate the sport.

Still no news though on how to find out when the green light is on for that day.... :| :|
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.