Issue 8 :: Cover - Who?

• sampisampi
    March 2009
    Issue 8 is just about ready. Lets see if we can get some guesses as to who and where made the cover?

Sixty40 Bodyboarding Magazine 3,084 views

38 Replies

• iammonster
    March 2009
    Either, Wattsy, Ratt, Stu Bradford, Oros or spex??

Water shot at keiki!!!!
  • jbs
    March 2009
    I'd say Spex or Oro watershot at Pipe...
  • Spy Dude
    March 2009
    Chris Brown and Rihanna, or brad and angie with their brood... oh wait, thats YOU Magazine...

Lord alone knows, happy to wait....
  • JonathanHiles
    March 2009
    Mmm...that would be an interesting one, but I agree with something of Spex since he made 3rd place in the Elemenopee DK Invitational, which in my opinion is a great achievement :D
  • DavidC
    March 2009
    Me nose diving into the sandbank the other day?
  • Ian
    March 2009
    def a saffa in hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ElementreeElementree
    March 2009
    It's Batman!
  • BillybusterBillybuster
    March 2009
    Jared Houston Maybe at PIPE or OFF THE WALL.....
  • BillybusterBillybuster
    March 2009
    or spex's shot when jamie o'brien was "claiming his huge barrel ".... not quite sure but def a SAFFA in Hawaii..
  • iammonster
    March 2009
    Yeah im still for water shot a keiki...i hope!!

Bruuuuuuuuus.... I know we always touch on the subscribing topic...
    But I just remind everyone of how important it is for the life of the magazine and for south african bodyboarding in general!!
    My subscription recently run out and I just renewed it through factory 7!!
    It was so damn easy!!!! Took me like a minute and boom sorted out! And the other thing....R90 is sooooo hell CHEAP!!!!!!
    So if you haven't done that yet do it!!
    Also I was looking at the sixty40 rate card and it states that the sales are 5000 and the readership is around 12000....thats 7000 cheapskates out there who are just reading there mates copys and not buying there own..... Its RIDICULOUS!
    And please lets not go into all that shit about how you dont have money to buy or subscribe..... if you have enough money to bodyboard you can definately spare some cash to get the mag....
    Not trying to tramp on anyones toes or start a 90 page thread on why you should or shouldn't, bottom line if you bodyboard and love bodyboarding then buy/subscribe to the mag... The boys that side put a lot of time, money and effort into it! Just to bring us a magazine....

Im not affiliated to the mag in anyway so if you don't agree with what I have said then don't take it out on the sixty40 team... sweeet!

Anyways...... Im frothing for the new mag, get here now!!!
    And im stoked that durban has got some swell....YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE hell yeah!!!
  • Scarecrow
    March 2009
    Mark McCarthy in Hawaii (prob Pipe contest). Why's no one mentioned him already??
  • ElementreeElementree
    March 2009
    I'm sticking with Batman.
  • jbs
    March 2009
    Alistair Taylor charging massive Pipe!!!
  • Spy Dude
    March 2009
    Joost in his undies and socks doing a stripper!
  • Marthinus
    March 2009
    If Spex gets the cover again that would be he's 3rd appearance on Sixty40's cover since its launch not so long ago. Appearing on a total of 37.5% of the front covers.

In furthers analytical terms, If as someone mentioned, Spex gets a (another) DK cover that would result in 50% of all covers being of the Drop Knee stance. Are there really that many DKers in SA?

Can these above statistics be justified?
    Spex is a ripper, no doubt about that! But surely someone else should get a chance as well. (His sponsors must be loving him though :wink: )

Mark McCarthy has been the No1 ranked saffa on the IBA tour for the last 24months if I'm not mistaken and he has had only one cover. Both hi-profile younger generation riders Jared Housten and Adam Morely have have not featured on the cover.
    I know the cover basically comes down to who gets the best shot onto the publisher's desk as Ian or someone mentioned previously but should that really be the final determining factor?

Personally I would dig to see Pierre Louis Costes on a cover! Think he definitely deserves it
  • Spy Dude
    March 2009
    I would dig to see a lifestyle
  • iammonster
    March 2009
    YES im all over a lifestyle shot hahaha!!

Marthinus all with you bro! But hey if spex gets another cover, hats off to him, he shreds infront and behind a lens... And its not like he gets photoshopped onto sick waves, he rips and works hard to get those shots!
    He's winning the cover race and all props to him for that!

I dunno im still voting one of the boys at keiki, water shot!
    Check out on facebook, stu bradford, spex and billy theils shots of that shorey, they are MAD and app those are crappy in comparison to there sick ones!!

Anyways im so amped to see who it is...gonna be SICK!!!!

Oh and one more thing subscribe you cheap asses!! ahaha
  • Chinnychinchin
    March 2009
    I recon a dramatic Google-earth closeup of the whole West Coast.....ha ha ha ha ha ha bad joke I know.....every tourist and his mini-mal was at my WC spot yesterday :shock: but I still got all the sick ones!!! :D

Def Jared Houston, Mark McCarthy or Al Taylor REPRESENTING at the PIPE Contest.
  • Scarecrow
    March 2009
    Wahahaha! Chin you mullet!! Where's your spot I wanna come join in the fun too :twisted:
  • BillybusterBillybuster
    March 2009
    I really like that barrel spex got and when jamie o'brien is "claiming his wave" ahhahahahaaaa...that really was a sick wave and would be a cool cover i think!!
  • Spy Dude
    March 2009
    I skim Spex on his surfboard in a barrel... oh wait.. ZIGZAG used that already... as a dbl page spread!
    Wot about a pic of Spex's girlfriend, maybe he can convince her to cross over for shits and giggles...
  • sampisampi
    March 2009
    Answers by temperature

Some of you were HOT :twisted: on the "where"
    ... but the "who"... everyone of you have been ICE COLD 8)

"give him another chance"... try again.

Mag will be on street soon.
  • Scarecrow
    March 2009
    Billy Thiel in a Hawaiin shorey 8)
  • BillybusterBillybuster
    March 2009
    Ryan Hardy - Winning @ pipeline...
  • ElementreeElementree
    March 2009
    Keep guessing...

First one to get it gets a free sticker!
  • Scarecrow
    April 2009
    Andre Botha @ Pipe
  • BillybusterBillybuster
    April 2009
    Ratt or watts @ ....def hawaii somewhere!!
  • Spy Dude
    April 2009
    joost schnafing a line off a hookers tits at pipe...
  • Spy Dude
    April 2009
    Jamie O brien at pipe on a booger!!
  • craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    April 2009
    Jared Housten busting at off the wall!
    gimme my sticker :D
  • scorpio
    April 2009
    Its gotta be Adam M busting somewhere in Hawaii.

PS watch out for him at cape classic
  • Chinnychinchin
    April 2009
    Quote:
    Spy Dude wrote:
    joost schnafing a line off a hookers tits at pipe...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks bro, your comment was like a redbull to my otherwise bleek morning!!! SSSOOOOOO funny!
  • BillybusterBillybuster
    April 2009
    yes prob jamie o'brien @ pipe, getting a huge barrel shot..!
  • Spy Dude
    April 2009
    Hey a cover like that will sell! Nothing like a bit of tabloid sensation fodder for the South african sheep 8)
  • morrisminormorrisminor
    April 2009
    mmmm...anyone remember zigzag bodyboarding? Sheep may love it...sponsors...not so much
  • ronald911ronald911
    April 2009
    I guess it will be a Perfect Empty Barrel...
  • Marthinus
    April 2009
    Haha epic. love it.
    Stoked i got my mag so early as well :D
  • JmoJmo
    April 2009
    Yeah I got mine today too, sick one guys...
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.