Photography

• ConorConor
    September 2008
    Howzit oaks
    Im a super keen bodyboarder and like quite interested in the whole taking photos thing
    i havent got a camera or anything ....any advice in terms of getting started buying a camera etc. etc.
    Cheers.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Miscellaneous 1,741 views

9 Replies

• September 2008
    hey connor,

simple question with a million answers!! lol...

work out a budget on what you can spend...most favoured in the industry is probably canon but nikon matching in many ways. I prefer Canon for many reasons though

let us know what your buget is and im sure we can all throw some stuff you way with prices, what to expect etc..

cheers

mark
  • ConorConor
    September 2008
    Welllllllllllllll my limit is prob 3000bucks i could maybe push that a lil but i gotta save up for it so the least the better if u catch my drift....
    :shock:
  • JAMES bye
    September 2008
    dude i hooked up quite a sweet deal... got a Nikon D40 and two free extra lenses for R6000, brand new and they even threw in a free tripod.... such a sweet deal
  • ConorConor
    September 2008
    Yoh thats sssssick bro.....where u get it from??? :o
  • elemenohpee
    September 2008
    Ok, heres a camera thats really like a easy non professional thing.
    Its the Canon optimo w60 . Im planing on getting one for some video footage in the water.
    You can take it 14ft under and it has 2hour battery.
    Heres a vid review/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c6PPb64vNU
    And price. About R3700 http://www.pricecheck.co.za/offers/4085 ... Optio+W60/

• September 2008
    ja dude its tricky for that price to be honest....

R3000 might get you a good second hand Canon 350D or so then you will need to get lenses etc so the whole setup is very costly.

maybe an option as the others suggested but you dont need the craziest stuff to get the best shots anyways! People always think the more money you spend the sicker shots you are going to get, but its also upto how well you know your equipment. Most of my work that ive got in the magazines will suprise a lot of people but ive only been using an old Canon 350D!!! People think thats even too old and not good enough, the truth though is even a 350D you can blow up quite easily to A3 or even A2 size and be sharp. So the mag will never blow stuff up that big so will be pretty good. Hope that just gives you some ideas to it...the newer cameras have better functionaltiy and other features which are bonus for sure...

cool dude let us know how you get along there and dont rush into it straight away, do your home work as you doing and get something to get yourself started and if you always dig it then you can upgrade later on....

speaking of upgrade yes, my 350D will be remaining in constant use for water shots and getting a new Canon body in October... so watch for some new shots soon to come...haha!

suns out and im in the office, chat soon!

mark
  • JAMES bye
    September 2008
    got it from govan mani hey, but i think the special is over now
  • ConorConor
    September 2008
    Thanks a lot oaks this helps ey.......
    will fill u in :mrgreen:
  • lyle
    September 2008
    :shock: WOW!!! forgive my knowledge or lack thereof. but photography sounds like an expensive hobbie!! i got myself a panasonic lumix for around R2000 (cant remember exact amount as it was a year ago) and a case costs R1000. and i thought ouch!! :) but it is a sweet little thing! still havnt figured out how it works properly yet as it has 100's of features!!! :? have fun bru :wink:
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.