David Lee-2008 SA Pro Champ

• Kevin Williams
    September 2008
    2008 is Daves year as Pro SA Champ. Are we gonna see an interview? Why has there been nothing on him in the Mag? I find this quite shocking. He competed against the best and wiped them all out. Give credit where it is deserved.

Sixty40 Bodyboarding Magazine 966 views

6 Replies

• dcmike
    September 2008
    Absolutely true! It's been discussed a lot at the mag but... Mr Lee is a pretty quiet and humble guy from what I've seen and doesn't seems to hang out with photogs much.
    David & photographers... if you read this - hit us up with some shots and you're on. We just felt we couldn't run a feature without some kick-ass images.

Any help welcome!
  • stevo
    September 2008
    its definately sachas year to take the pro title hes on such mad form at the moment.!!

• September 2008
    ja david looks like quite the rippa! true what mike says, dont know of anyone really shooting / submitting pics from the whole of natal region...there are a few but still lacking big time!!

but its good to be humble but also to get and go places you need coverage for your sponsors and in order for that to work you need to get in with the photographers and work with them, ie not sucking up to them but being friendly, chat to the owes if you see them, hit them up when you get to a spot that cooking / planned missions etc. you got to start somewhere ;)

im not saying who my money is on for this year for SA Champ 08.... even though it was said in an earlier comment... 8)
  • dsc
    September 2008
    [attachment=0]dan invert takeoff1.jpg[/attachment]SA champs is going to be rad!

I think I will wisely put my money on the flips, in big and small surf, from Mr Aadam Grant and Mr Daniel Worsley to pull out the scores.

There has been very little mention of these two of late and they are both in superlative form at the moment. Under dogs always pull in! Daniel as a competitor is an amazing brand of bodyboarding. Daniel is the epitome of his love for bodyboarding and the courage to ride it and flip it if it has a lip. No matter how heavy it is. He throws it together from big moves to 4 or 5 combo scores on a small wave. HUGE flips into the flats over gnarly reefs are just a standard setup for this lad.

Aadam Grant. Not much more needs to be said to describe possibly THE most technically correct professional big wave bodyboarder this country has ever seen. Ad WILL finish a wave with a roll to get the last point he needs to win. Pit riding technique - you will be buying Aadam's training DVD's soon.
  • SAL
    September 2008
    David has been selected to represent South Africa at the World Games to be held in Portugal in October. he will be joining fellow team mates Sacha Specker and Pamela Bowren. Mark McCarthy had to withdraw due to other commitments. I have no doubt that David will do us all proud and it would be great to see him featured more in publications.
  • Kevin Williams
    September 2008
    Big up on you Dave.
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.