back flips

• crash_za
    December 2004
    howzit all,

got any tips on landing a back flip? i can get the flip right but i always seem to go for a tumble as soon as i land.

thx

Coaching 1,453 views

2 Replies

• nnja
    December 2004
    Hey Crash

I can't help you with the landngs, but couldn't help noticing your alias. It seems quite appropriate. ;) Good luck.
  • TAMEGA
    December 2004
    Hey Crash

I was in your same position a year ago, try practicing in the shore breaks Ie: Run down the beach once a shorey has broken, then "skim" on the water running up the beach try and get as much speed as you can, its all about the timing man, the as you hit the lip arch your back, pull your feet up like when doing a spin, and flick your head back as if your going to head butt someone from behind, once you get this im sure the rest will come naturally to you. Now when your riding the wave get that same speed and time the lip carefully, too soon means your not gonna get the air you need and too late means the lip is gonna stuff it up!! once you have arched pulled and given yourself whiplash, try and land it, then dig your fins in pulling you around 180 degrees so you carry on going. In time you will land them with out having to "dig" your fins.

So go practice

T
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.