Sending Shots for the Mag??

• StJohnLombard_Bodyboarder
    July 2008
    I want to send a few shots in for the mag, where can i find an email addy for this?

I want to give the east coast some exposure, as it doesn't get much, i wanna send a few shots from down here in.

Can anyone help out?

Sixty40 Bodyboarding Magazine 2,116 views

18 Replies

• Spy Dude
    July 2008
    I have actually wondering about that too.
    Reason is, i will be submitting TIF files and they are a tad too large to email.

yes... you read it here, Spydude finally has some photos he deems worthy of submition, sorry for the silence kids, i am my own worst critic.
  • KellyKelly
    July 2008
    Please submit images to [email protected]

You can send files through at a lower resolution first and you will be contacted for the hi-res if an images is selected or just submit the hi-res images if you wish.

You should use http://www.yousendit.com to send the images. YouSendIt is an FTP replacement.
  • Spy Dude
    July 2008
    mmm ok, 10 odd megs a photo, will rather flipping snail mail a CD or something.
    July 2008
    Spy dude, Why not convert to Jpeg? you will loose quality though i think...
  • craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    July 2008
    yousendit is great okes, i use it every now and again for GIS and architectural stuff thats too big to mail normally.
    So eezy to use too.
    10mb no sweat :wink:

• July 2008
    sending large full res files should be ok but dont forget if you are paying per your bandwidth then it will cost... however if there is a local FTP server then wont make any difference as Telkom do 10GB a month transfer to local hosts....

Yup JPEG is cool if its once off but loses quality quickly everytime saved / exported what not and you will never get the real colour / quality

sweet would be good to see some E. Coast stuff hitting the mag!!
  • Spy Dude
    July 2008
    Well seeing as mark clark and lamby have got me out of my shell, i skim a disk is my only option.
    Craig, my net connection is my mobile phone... 10megs per image... eeeish.
    What about dropping a disk off at DC's place, he is mos the photo editor ne?
    July 2008
    I need to find some keen oaks to shoot here in el!
  • craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    July 2008
    Yo Mark speaking of hi res and all Im pretty sure my brother would pay u for those shots from Sandy bay u took bro.
    He's leaving for Jozi indefinately and I reckon they would keep the stoke in him cos he's gone indefinately hey.
    He also hasnt made a profile on here as yet so it would definatley be a nice start u kno.

Let me know and I'll give u his details or vice versa or watever :mrgreen:

Nice one borther.
  • dcmike
    July 2008
    Yeah Guys n Gals
    If you're going to have hassles with e-mail you can get a cd to me for the Cape Town area okes or even out of towners. We all collaborate on image selection and I usually gather images from photographers in my area and send them all in a package to Sampi via courier. Hit us up if you need postal addresses but otherwise the mag address is: PO Box 15107, Panorama, 7506, Cape Town

• July 2008
    Craig --> email me on [email protected]

MikeDC --> cool stuff will start building up some images in TIFF....do you have any deadlines for posting or just keep dropping them off?

shoto guys....StJohn...maybe look up some dudes on Sixty40 in EL?
  • lyle
    July 2008
    yo stjohn! im keen bro. ill pm you when i get back to el. should be comming home in +- 3 months. hope youll still kken then.!! you should be near to dec holz too, which would be cool. check you then 8)
  • Spy Dude
    July 2008
    DC- deadline bru, cos i will rather pack as many images onto one disk as possible.
  • dcmike
    July 2008
    Cool okes - stoked to see the photogs coming out the woodwork!
    I'm awaiting confirmation of photo submissions date for Issue 6 so hang 5 - I will post as soon as I know.

Spy, on the subject of packing 'em in...
    And this will apply to all okes - Please try and make a pre-selection of your best images and really, be critical. If you send us 500 images and we get 5 such cds from okes, you can imagine that in the time it takes to cruise 2500 shots the burning tv eyeballs and deadlines become a factor and it gets harder and harder to make the selection. If you're in doubt, send us the images in 2 folders. One of your absolute favourites and one with images you're not sure about. I would say your chances are better for selection if you send us 12 crackers instead of 500 second-best images with the 12 best buried in there somewhere.

Hope that makes sense guys - just looking to make this as simple and effective for everyone.

And remember - if it's been on the web, it won't be selected (unless there are some exceptional circumstances).

Peace
    DC
  • Spy Dude
    July 2008
    Sweet bru, no worries, as stated earlier i am my own worst critic.
  • dcmike
    July 2008
    YoYoYo!

Here's that follow up post

All budding photogs that are keen to submit images this is where they need to get to:

2 Iris Close
    Plattekloof 3
    Parow
    Cape Town

Deadline for images on CD for Issue 6 is the end of this month (July). Sorry okes, that's deadlines... I know it's a b...ch

If you okes have hassles or queries tjune me!
    [email protected]

Send 'em!
    July 2008
    I really gotta learn now to keep my good shots off the site so they can be legible to be sent in for the mag! 8)
    August 2008
    I've finally got shots of a few east london rippers from this weekend, Pretty good quality too! i hope their up to standard for the mag though. will send them soon! :D
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.