mozambique

• Heinrich van Rooyen
    June 2008
    hey guys me and a bud are heading up to mozambique these school holidays. were staying somewhere near inhambane (paindane i think). any1 know of waves near there? thnx

Travel 1,868 views

12 Replies

• rickyrabbott
    June 2008
    yo bro.

check the forum befor yours on the travellers forum part. thinks its headed SURF TRIP.
  • Heinrich van Rooyen
    June 2008
    thnx ricky.... euro totty? nice... haha only spots i could find ome good info on was tofo and tofinho. there like other random unnamed spots around atleast? like secret spots or something?
  • DarkhorseDarkhorse
    June 2008
    just came back from up there.
    didnt get any waves!
    phat flat spell. but SICK place! youll dig it.
    saw footage of tofino going off. its SICK!
    theres some other alright waves around there as well. no names. just surf.

youll have a rad time!
    Enjoy!
    look out for whale sharks!
  • rickyrabbott
    June 2008
    well you see if there s swell torfinho is gonna be the place to be.world class lefts or even the stretch of beach on the left has some sick right and left. no name for this spot but if looking at torfino just look left and you ll see it.
    torfu is the main beach and torfinho is like 10 mins south from there. litrally round the corner.
    if you wana drop your balls abit more... carry on south and there s a couple A frame left& right.... but to be honest its sharp reef,there s lank sharks and absolutley no lifegaurd s in sight so be carefull man, if you venturing that way

Barra has some sick waves to its long beach with reef slabs all over and the sweel comes in normally at and agle like j bay so there s some sick long waves breacking on sand and reef which can be fun. at barra there s a light house (cant miss it) on the point . you can see it from torfu looking left but its far from torfu. anyways there s a reef that extends from that point(lighthouse) goes quite far out and on the edge of the reef there are some scary peaks once again if you got more balls than i probably do take a good look at it first ask some locals about the currents and tell me what the wave was like when you get back!! I wasnt ampt on being the only guy out ...i need to surf with a couple guys if its far out and scarey lol

there no names for the waves on barra side really, you can name them yourself if want haha. one my sickest sissions was the sand bras of barra with two guys i met there. wasnt big only like 2-3 but the wave was so fun. and long and warm and clear ect ...

but ya man from barra to torfu if there s a bit of swell you ll find many waves. no names just untouched waves.

ps stop in at bar babalaza dude
  • rickyrabbott
    June 2008
    inhanbane towards bar babalaza then at bar babalaza the road splits going either down to torfu or the otherway to bara!!
  • Heinrich van Rooyen
    June 2008
    yo thnx guys! u should go into surf tourism! this is some amping stuff! you helped alot!
  • puku
    June 2008
    dude just south of inhambane i surfed the sickest waves of my life. Lank mission to get to but so worth it. And i'm pretty sure we were the first people to surf it. When i get to a proper computer on the weekend i'll pm you some directions. Lank mission trying to do this shit on my phone
  • Heinrich van Rooyen
    June 2008
    shot puku! thatll be great!
  • Heinrich van Rooyen
    June 2008
    im staying at guinjata bay.... and all i can find is some sick fishing and diving... which is great. any good surfspots near the lodge? near as in walking distance
  • Lea
    June 2008
    hav u already booked your accomodation?
    if not look up bamboozi lodge - really sick spot (stayed there Dec 07) - right on beach and close to torphinia (not sure of spelling?! but pretty sick point break -)

BAMBOOZI BEACH LODGE

Tel: +258 29329046
    Fax: +258 29329040

Physical Address:

101 Coconut Drive, Tofo Village
    Inhambane
    http://www.bamboozibeachlodge.com/
  • Wolfie
    April 2009
    hey dude yea i was there also when i was a little kid! go to pont de oura 10km drive from there and yu get a leka wave!
  • Wolfie
    April 2009
    i wana go there but ya send me sum pics of nice spots there!
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.