clubs in PE

• po10cy
    May 2008
    howsit guys, anybody know of any local clubs in PE that one could join?

Eastern Province Bodyboarding Association 2,518 views

15 Replies

• po10cy
    June 2008
    this if pathetic, nowonder the sport is standing still!
  • KellyKelly
    June 2008
    po10cy wrote:
    this if pathetic, nowonder the sport is standing still!

I don't know that there are any clubs in PE and your comment is more than fair. If more guys speak up then hopefully some action would be taken.

In my opinion and I have voiced it more times than I can count, there should be a drive to start up more clubs around the country. There are so many benefits to doing this. The provinces should take this upon themselves as it will help improve the standard of competition riding in their province and improve their performance at SA Champs but it should also be part of a National Development programme.

Please visit http://www.sabaonline.co.za and visit the contact page to ask for EPBA contact details to direct your enquiry and leave any feedback.

And if there are any other PE bodyboarders who would like to see a club in PE then drop your name here.

I come from a small bodyboarding region but as a bunch of 16 year olds we started a club and because this club is the longest running club in SA at the moment and for a long time the only club, the region has been punching well above its weight, claiming one SA team title and many individual titles. The Mossel Bay club which was started up had the same success - just look at the riders which have come out of that small region and check out the new mag in July for a feature on the area.

You only need 20-30 members to start a club and don't rely on anyone to start it up for you. If you have any organisational skills and a passion for the sport then go ahead. Getting the nod from your province would be advised but it is not needed - you are not required to be affiliated and in some instances may hinder the creation of a club if you try to seek affiliation.
  • craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    June 2008
    I've always thought of starting a drop knee club but at the same time wondered how successfull it would be?
    I always thought there should b DK divisions in comps and that came to life & did well so if there are Bodyboarding clubs why shouldnt we have a strictly DK club ( or DK club in each province 4 that matter ) as its an art in its own right u know?

Just my random variable thoughts use them dont use them :wink:

But I sure would love to know who would be interested thats for sure!
    Also it could aid the WPBA in that there would be more time to slot the other divisions in on contest days etc...
    The DK club could be run on its own and then report its results etc to the WPBA itself.
    That way u wouldnt have guys having to pitch up at a comp at 8am when their heat is only at 13:30pm u know?

Any thoughts?
    Im all ears.
  • po10cy
    June 2008
    i rate a club in the EP would rock, would be great to organise road trips on good days, and good to urge each other on to progress and try new moves, help with competing in the sport etc, and get more footage of local riders if there is a club because then photographers can organise when and where good swell and riders are gonna be.

i seriously rate something like this should be organised, im keen for something like this, and if anyone else is let me know, would be nice to organise something like this aswell for when that documentary is gonna be filmed and they comming to PE, would help them aswell alot if most of the riders are part of a community group for bodyboarding.

drop me a line.
  • Jaypee
    September 2008
    Hey bro, I was thinking of starting a club up, but I have nul experience "with bodyboarding" clubs, but Ive spoken to a few boarders who are actually keen to join. so let me know, if we do we will have to appoint a leader of some type to run the club and choose a name!

Regards
    Jp
  • po10cy
    September 2008
    Sounds like a plan! ill try found out what info i can, i also have no idea where to start etc, but thats most of the fun aswell. We should meet up for a surf sometime and chat about it, get the ball rolling.

Laters
  • Jaypee
    September 2008
    Yea we must, is there waves today?:P
  • po10cy
    September 2008
    lol nah no waves today :-/ damn choppy swell.
  • Jaypee
    September 2008
    haha not cool bro, so where do u look 2 check swells etc? i came up with a name "NG" New Generation, but no point having it as a name, if the club will have older bodyboarders join up "=P"
  • po10cy
    September 2008
    dude magic seaweed is the best. http://magicseaweed.com/ just click on "local overview" select our area and it shows you the weeks forecast.

new generation sounds funky, its hard to brain storm for names lol
  • Jaypee
    September 2008
    yea it is hey, all the names im coming up with are weird! but we will get a name soonish I rate.. must just keep thinkin :roll:
  • po10cy
    September 2008
    how bout "club po10cy"? hahahah :P
  • Jaypee
    November 2008
    hey, I have came up with a name "Grip and Rip", Now just need some loyal bodyboarders with alot of experience who can help me make this club... let me know :P

Regards
    Jp
  • po10cy
    November 2008
    shweeet, im game, lets do this.
  • Jaypee
    November 2008
    hehe sweet bro! lets get it rollin
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.