Big Congrats on Issue 3

• ChilternburtChilternburt
    December 2007
    with much excitement i opened my post marked from SA on Saturday and Issue 3 was waiting, spent the weekend reading and drooling over the pics...
    coming from a cold and raining england, i thought issue 3 was insane, and hope the quality keeps on coming!!!

Well done guys..

Sixty40 Bodyboarding Magazine 1,997 views

13 Replies

• JmoJmo
    December 2007
    Yet again I see that the shops and expats in England have got their mags before this lonely subscriber here in Kommetjie. Proving conclusively that we actually futher away from Cape Town than Londoners and this place should really have its own airport and border control...

Bleakness... :(

Actually one major bonus of going over to London soon is that I might recieve the mag a week or so earlier. ;)
  • Marthinus
    December 2007
    I was stoked to find that i actually got my mag in the post on Friday, first time round :D

Quality just seems to get better and better with each issue. Love the level of professionalism of the magazine, outstanding.

Keep it up

• December 2007
    cant wait to check it out!!

JMO - in the UK they have postmen that work and not make mail go missing ;) ... but hey where is Kommetjie anyways? its so far out the way the postman has to send it by airmail to reach you out there...haha! nah just kidding.. .but the beauty is you dont have to leave your house to get the mag and its like xmas when you run to the post box everyday to see if its there yet !! And as Steers puts it, the longer you wait the better it tastes...

cool amped to check out that mag, dont sell them all before i get back to SA please!! Hope everyone is well and scoring waves...

Mark
  • Chinnychinchin
    December 2007
    The new mag is insane. Well done guys.

"Little rubber pony"....."little pink pony"......glad I could offer some inspiration! :D
  • lyle
    December 2007
    the guys in the uk need the mag more than us in sa. :lol: to keep them sane while we surf before or after work, the closest they get is reading about doing it
  • Chicken Joe
    December 2007
    To all the 6040 Mag crew

Congrats on such a slick publication.

As I was a little slow off the start I had to subscribe from issue 3 and buy the back issues. I was very disciplined and read the mags in order.

I was very impressed and enjoyed it a ton.

Keep up the good work.

Chris
  • mr_magoo
    December 2007
    lyle wrote:
    the guys in the uk need the mag more than us in sa. :lol: to keep them sane while we surf before or after work, the closest they get is reading about doing it

actually I live in the UK, surf before and after work and have a choice of magazines to read over here. In fact would say that since i left cape town my motivation to surf increased and so did my performance levels.

not everyone arrives in the uk and heads straight to the Walkabout and Red Back and gets into the London rut.

UK has some sick spots, dont write this place off just because you see a pitcure of Fistral Beach all blown out on a summer afternoon, like just about everywhere if you put the time in to search you will find.

Also Moroc, France and Canaries are all 3 hour flights away and dirt cheap with the pound.
  • dcmike
    December 2007
    Good on you guys and shot for the compliments ;-)
    Oi Mr Bleakness... haha! You'll be in the UK soon so no more missing mags! You godda love the upside hey?! And you even have a shot in the latest issue! You have my number, phone me and when I head out to the sticks I'll bring you a free copy!
    PS, where does your postman live? I have a score to settle with him...
  • ChilternburtChilternburt
    December 2007
    mr_magoo wrote:

not everyone arrives in the uk and heads straight to the Walkabout and Red Back and gets into the London rut.

Hey dont dis Nelson's fav hunting ground.... kidding, yea once you look beyond the freezing cold, night busses and the odd terrorist bombing the place is actually ok, and waves are there to be found....
    otherwise you can become a football hooligan like Tommy Johnson

Tommy Johnson: Are you gonna sit in some poxy office with a cunt for a boss telling you what to do as you count your pennies trying to make ends meet in a country that's sinking into strikes and wars and at the end of the day you go home to your cosy little flat in 'nowheresville' and pull your IKEA curtains shut to hide from the big bad world and pretend it's not happening? Or are you gonna stand up and be counted, make a difference and feel the rush? Just for once say "fuck it". I'm coiled up like a spring and I'm ready to burst and wanking ain't doing it anymore. I need violence to make me feel I'm still alive. I know what I'd rather do, mate. Tottenham away. Love it!
  • JmoJmo
    December 2007
    Ya, sorry Mike, I did finally get the mag in the post so i'm mellow again. Just get bleak with SA Post i guess.

Anyway, aside from that, the mag is sick! Rad photos, pretty cool content, and of course I'm stoked about the shot :D

A standout feature to me was the Bali article by Marcus Phitides, super cool info, really well written and I hope to see more of his words in the mag in future.

Keep it up guys.
  • dcmike
    December 2007
    haha! Cool! you could've kept quet and scored a spare copy to wallpaper your bathroom with! See ya soon

• December 2007
    well maybe UK isnt as consistant as SA, but the end of the day i reckon UK and even Ireland has much much sicker waves then SA will ever get!!

Look at the last 360 mag and some of the waves the UK crew have been finding and scoring, NUTS!!
  • lyle
    December 2007
    where does one get the 360 mag?? i thought it fell away as cna hasnt had it for over 6months. i dig reading about overseas spots and getting an idea of overseas standards. loving riptide mag as well!!

two questions just for interest, do you get sharks in uk? alot of attacks and sitings? and how cold is the water? colder tha CT? heard the best surf time is winter but must be freakin cold!?!?
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.