BodyboardersHawaii Photos

• Digital Danny
    June 2007
    What do you guys think if I started posting assorted photos of riders from all kinds of different countries at assorted locations (but mostly Hawaii) here in an on-going thread? You'd be able to see the pics better that way, make comments and ask each other questions. Only thing I ask is for you to respect the Copyright and not use, copy or alter the pics...........
    IMG_3872copy.jpg
    ^^^Andre @ Super Suck 2006
    OY9W9557-1.jpg
    ^^^Dub @ OTW. This one is posted to the main gallery but seeing it at higher res is better. That's kinda what prompted me to think about doing it this way sometimes.
    OY9W4028Skipcopy.jpg
    ^^^Spencer Skipper @ Pipeline

I also have a bunch of stuff at the Bodyboarders @ My Space location if you wanna check it out at this link: http://www.myspace.com/bodyboardershawaii

Bodyboarding 32,174 views

168 Replies

• ElementreeElementree
    June 2007
    Wow these pics are wicked Dan...

Sure Bud...post away-can't wait to see more.

:lol:
  • DarkhorseDarkhorse
    June 2007
    ya these are super sick bro!

wat camera setup r u shooting with?
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    Here's are a couple more of Dre that didn't show up well in the gallery but deserve to be shown properly. Dre really did own it this day at Super Suck......
    IMG_3953copy.jpg
    IMG_3829copy.jpg

I use Canon. MK IIn, D30, 500 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 17-40 f/4 L etc.
  • floris
    June 2007
    Yes buddy, keep on sending those sick pictures!! But why arent you in the pix too dude?

Such great waves id definitly go in too mate...

Spencer Skippers wave is sickist
  • Spy Dude
    June 2007
    nice rig....
  • Len at ScienceLen at Science
    June 2007
    thanks for sharing your photos with us, your photos are amazing. do you have any pics of mark mc carthy while he was in hawaii dec 2006.
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    Mahalo for the kind words. I didn't meet MM but if someone could post a pic or describe his gear, I might run across pics of him. I shot everyday the waves were descent.
    OY9W7027copycopy.jpg
    ^^^BBH Team Hawaii's Brandon Perreira Off The Wall.
  • JmoJmo
    June 2007
    Pics like this are a double edged sword:
    It amps me up so much to check them and then when I run off to the beach and its 3ft wind chopped and cold as f@ck, I start wimpering to myself and get depressed for days...
  • Spy Dude
    June 2007
    bru.. i have missed ever kbay swell for a year now... dont talk to me about surf related depression. Like i commented on that close out pic of Peters.. when i saw those photos i wanted to shit and puke at the same time.. like that feeling when you catch one in the nuts... think i shed a tear too... Life is suxing big time at the moment. I hate work.
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    I know the feeling/pain as well.......BUT, sooner or later the waves will come. Until then I just keep myself busy with other things and keep the stoke in cruise control the amping in low gear. For wave riders it's all about traveling away from home during your locations off season to hunt down barrels.

OY9W4586copy.jpg
    ^^^Brit Wesley Liquorish who lives in Hawaii now and rides ATD boards only.
    OY9W6941copy-1.jpg
    ^^^Hawaiian Warren Anderson rides for Custom X and BodyboardersHawaii
    June 2007
    mark mc carthy came second to mike stewart in the hawaii comp in december and he is riding a science MS1 (black) short black hair.
  • ch4os_
    June 2007
    woweee got some awesome photos man

may i ask what rig you shooting with?
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    Then I did meet MM on Maui. He was stoked to represent SA & place behind Stewart even if the waves were shitty. Stewart was the most stoked of all! I need to know what color and kind of rashie he wore on the north shore.

OY9W5731copy.jpg
    OY9W5714copy.jpg

Canon MK IIn, 500 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 17-40 f/4 etc etc etc.........

We have some vid clips from the Pipe contest posted at

http://www.myspace.com/bodyboardershawaii

and

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=BodyboardersHawaii
  • ch4os_
    June 2007
    nyc >< wish i had one of those babies hehe
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    BodyboarderMagIssue1-41copy.jpg
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    SpencerSkipperPipelinePoster1.jpg
  • ElementreeElementree
    June 2007
    Now that is beautiful!
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    BrendonNewtonWaimeaCOPY-1.jpg
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    BBMagAdJune2007copy.jpg
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    Mr. Versatility Dave Hubbard!
    OY9W1787copy.jpg
    AirForward32EU0075_RT8.jpg
    BBMagIndexcopy.jpg
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    A few of 19 year old Custom X Team rider Colin Black
    IMG_4268copy.jpg
    Scar Reef Sumbawa
    OY9W9459copy.jpg
    North Shore Hawaii
    ColinBlackOTW.jpg
    Off The Wall
  • ChilternburtChilternburt
    June 2007
    Danny u legend, some amazing shots there, you got any of mr lowprofile, Fred Booth?
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    OY9W8167copy.jpg
    ^^^Fred Booth sticking it these days. His wife sponges. Lifeguard on the North Shore mostly at Rockpiles and Waimea Bay so he's always on or near his beloved ocean. Married & still mellow!
    June 2007
    he's a legend...
  • byron777
    June 2007
    Fred booth,dam havent heard about him in years,why is he riding the surfboard goofy,he dk's natural if my memory serves me correct.maybe he can do switchstance or something.
  • Marthinus
    June 2007
    I DK goofy but skate/surf or whatever natural..
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    OY9W7971.jpg
    ^^^I think this is Wade from SA but not positive. Can anybody ID?
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    A little clip my son did of his trip to Cloud 9

From the ebb MB via Colin

howsss it everyone...hope everyone is doin' swell... heres a little vid i put together from my trip to the Philippines...yeahh!! It was great timeeee...unbelievable actually...remarkable..its a little slower and calmer then usually but it kind of portrays the feeling and atmosphere...

j.willsy
    brandonP.
    sebastianS.
    and c.black

hope you all enjoi..
    cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itNElpDl0wk
  • DarkhorseDarkhorse
    June 2007
    no its not wade.
    I was actually gonna ask u bro?
    u got any shots of him? blonde mediumish hair. thats wade. board either white or yellow i think.
    the yellow one has duct tape all over the nose! haha
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    Ah..... the duck tape. I remember him now! I'll look.....

I'm not a bro, I'm a brah!! :o)
  • hugh grant
    June 2007
    Its bra idiot!!
    No H, and even if there was, it'd be silent!!
  • Sidebar
    June 2007
    Its brah like in jah
  • hugh grant
    June 2007
    Its bra, like the things that hold up your mothers sensitive parts!!
  • m.K.
    June 2007
    ummmm..... did you just tell a hawaiin how to say BRAH!?!?!?!

haole....
    oh and it is brah........brah!
  • Spy Dude
    June 2007
    noooit BRU, thats not how it goes China, i tune you CUZ, its mos lekker by die see ekse!!!
  • Sidebar
    June 2007
    phonetically its brah as in "braa", if it was bra in this context it would be pronounced "bru" phonetically and not brew - bra
    sup sup yall
  • ch4os_
    June 2007
    if u guys really want to get technical, and have a friggin good laugh at the same time check this out -

South African Slang dictionary

http://www.wavescape.co.za/bot_bar/surfrikan/slang.html
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    hugh grant wrote:
    Its bra idiot!!

Idiot? Trying to do something kewl for all da South African braddahs by posting stuff here and you like call me names. What bru, like scrap.....
    BulaiaFalseCrack.jpg :o)

FYI: brah is short for braddah, our local speak for brother. Guess you haven't been to Hawaii.
  • KellyKelly
    June 2007
    hugh grant wrote:
    Its bra idiot!!

Nathan - shine up bru! A bit of respect please for those who put efforts into providing the content for this site. Next time take half a second to think before hitting submit.

When we hear from you again, I'd like to know that you have sent Danny an apology ... that is not on bru!!! Apart from being plain disrespectful, guys who do put efforts in are discouraged by attitude like this and then we wonder why people stop putting in efforts.

Danny - apologies for the insult there ... your submissions are much appreciated by the vast majority of the sixty40 community!
  • that NINJA kid
    June 2007
    Yeah hughesy-hugh,
    Usually when guys get uptight with you I laugh cos guys get tense over the littlest stuff but that's not on, Danny is a LEGEND, I met him in person at the NF9 premier on Bali last year and he remembered me from some chats we had in here and was friendlier than our own Saffa pros...

Idiot he is not...
    June 2007
    come on nathan, keep the spirrit of the sport and do not bounch the guys who are for us. to appologize do built caracter. i now you are better than that. thanks danny for all the great photos, and maybe its time that you come and visit us in SA
  • hugh grant
    June 2007
    Yes I truly am sorry!! it was utterly disrespectful!! I meant that in a jest but unfortunately cannot convey my tone of voice through this computer!! My most sincere apologies, I really absolutely and fully appreciate what you have done on this sight, your photo's are brilliant and supporting the south African bodyboarding industry even though your from Hawaii is rad!! deepest apologies!!
    Sorry Mr. Footit, Mr. Bradford and Mr. Paynter who also found offense in this! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    wohhhhhh...didn't mean to create a fuss. Nathan pm'd me so all is cool. Mahalo to everyone for the support and the kind words.

I met a few SA boogies in Bali and they were way kewl. So fun at the NF premier. They know how to party that's for sure!
    IMG_5102.jpg
  • m.K.
    June 2007
    YES!!! merry representing the KUTA barraCUDA!!!! hahahaha!!
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    JacobChareecopy-2.jpg
    ^^^Jacob VanderVelde and his Charee representing his main sponsors BBH & BZ at the recent Hawaii Music Awards. I shoot about 12 events like this a year including some concerts.

Here's a couple shots of him at Pipe
    32EU2542.jpg
    32EU2543.jpg
    32EU2545.jpg
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    OY9W7392.jpg
    ^^^Derek Miyashiro DK
  • Spy Dude
    June 2007
    thats sooo heavy
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    June 2007
    jees thats NUTZ, look how thick the lip is...
  • JmoJmo
    June 2007
    A liquid vice grip about to crack a little nut....
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    A couple of fresh shots from today in Cronulla by good guy Darryl Menzie of http://www.biarmsdigital.com
    DWM_6590.jpg
    DWM_6970.jpg
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    OY9W4817copy.jpg
    ^^^Joel Engel @ Pipe
  • Digital Danny
    June 2007
    IMG_5112.jpgIMG_5117.jpg
    IMG_5122.jpgIMG_5205.jpg
    IMG_5261.jpgIMG_3455copy.jpg
    IMG_8548copy.jpgIMG_8549copy.jpg
    ^^^Good times with good people..........
  • Digital Danny
    July 2007
  • Stephan Becker
    July 2007
    I only noticed now, in the sequence of Jacob VanderVelde, his left fin is no longer on his foot in the last shot!! pretty hectic concidering he's not even bottom turning yet! :twisted: must have been bit "challenging" to do so on a bomb like that..

Sick shots Danny, really awesome!!
  • Digital Danny
    July 2007
    Yah, the Jacob loosing his fin on the way down is funny. Another time he lost both fins and when he came in his shoelace tether was pulled so tight his foot was swelling. We had to cut the shoelace off. Guy charges bombs.....

Did anybody notice that in the people pics above it's a bunch of mostly SA's? Good people and the story about Jesus and his run in with the mad cow was killa!

32EU8955.jpg
    July 2007
    yea i spotted Dre' and crew.. lol he never smiles in pics, always lookng so cool hehehe...
  • Digital Danny
    July 2007
  • Digital Danny
    July 2007
    OY9W0069.jpg
    ^^Pecking order @ Pipe...
    July 2007
    or depending how u look at it, expensive speed bumps :p

hehehehe kidding!
  • Digital Danny
    July 2007
    ^^^Speed bumps! So funny.........

USBA Sandy Beach Pro Edit #2 is posted.... Much Mahalo's to Jordan Stallard again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H17MpZ1JVzc

This edit finishes up the footage from the 1st round of competition. I also threw in a little bonus footage to fill up the song.

Next up.....edit #3.....the quarterfinals. I'll start working on that one this weekend.

Enjoy,
    Jordan
  • Digital Danny
    July 2007
    USBA Sandy Beach contest vid clip #3: quarter finals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K90VOT3JHwg
  • Digital Danny
    July 2007
    DerekMiyashiroPipeDKFloaterSequence.jpg
    ^^^Derek Miyashiro Pipeline
    JeffHubbardPipelineARS20x30WEB.jpg
    ^^^Hubb @ Pipe
    BBH has a bunch of 12x18 & 20x30 posters that can be purchased..........
  • Digital Danny
    July 2007
    EddieSolomonWaimea20x30-2.jpg
    ^^^Eddie Solomon @ Waimea
  • Digital Danny
    July 2007
    MicahMcMullin20x30copy.jpg
  • DarkhorseDarkhorse
    July 2007
    sheeeesh! now that DK sequence is SICK!
  • Digital Danny
    July 2007
    I think I finally found Wade...guys got balls!
    OY9W6448.jpg
    OY9W6455.jpg
    OY9W6459.jpg
  • DarkhorseDarkhorse
    July 2007
    yip thats him.

kiff pics bro!
  • Digital Danny
    August 2007
    Vid clip of M&M at Shark Island with MS interview.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zCM7tRIi1A
  • Digital Danny
    August 2007
    Todays results from Arica:

http://www.bodyboardchile.cl/acc2007/resultados.html

OY9W0989copy.jpg
    ^^^Mr. Versatility Dave Hubbard having fun!
  • Digital Danny
    August 2007
    ContactSheet-001-1.jpg
    ^^^Maui's Tyler Ching Johnson of Boogie Nation @ Pipe 4-9-2007

More Pipe 4-9-2007 photos in a blog at http://www.myspace.com/bodyboardershawaii
  • Digital Danny
    August 2007
    Hawaii wins the Arica Chile Team competition.
    Bencoteamhi.jpg
    dsc03914.jpg
    ^^^Paul Benco, Dub, Hubb and MS......
    August 2007
    I get soo amped to read this thread every morning... bro Danny your pictures are quality...
  • Digital Danny
    August 2007
    ^^^Mahalo's
  • Digital Danny
    August 2007
    "Last minute heroics was the call for heat 7 with Paul Benco (HI) pulling out all stops in the last 5 minutes of the heat. Dave Winchester (Aus) was dominating the young Hawaiian early for the first 25 minutes with clean barrels to roll combos with scores ranging from a solid 7.5 to 8.5 range. With time ticking and Paul knowing this was his last chance to get some uncrowded pipe like surf, he decided to relax and surf his game instead of playing into contest pressures. It worked as the sets came his way following the order of a deep barrel to roll, followed by a huge invert in front of the dangerous inside rocks and finally another deep tube to cut back to stamp his name into the events history books. When the horn sounded the internationally unknown Benco gained some respect from the competitors as well a new pack of Chilean fans as the crowd went made as he made his way up the rocks. "
  • lyle
    August 2007
    i agree with mr chilternburt. i too, check this spot first thing! sick pics!! keep em comming.
  • Digital Danny
    August 2007
    ^^^Mahalo you guys. I just posted a bunch from Pipe 4-9-07 into the BBH @ My Space in a couple of blogs....... http://www.myspace.com/bodyboardershawaii
    SpencerSkipperPipelineBarrel20x30.jpg
    ^^^Classic Skipp @ Pipe
  • Digital Danny
    August 2007
    Ben Player wins Arica Chile contest....
    August 2007
    Ahoy Danny... where u at bro? been missing my daily dose of fine Bodyboarding shots... and ive been checking your myspace page to...
  • DarkhorseDarkhorse
    August 2007
    hey danny.
    now that ive gotten a new camera, and id understand better now, what setup do u shoot with mainly?
  • Stephan Becker
    August 2007
    haha shame, danny has answered that q so many times. But its easy to miss it tho :?
    Dhorse check the 1st page of this string, 4th post....

Happy hunting!
  • Digital Danny
    August 2007
    Sandy Beach yesterday. Not great but fun anyway. It's been a weak summer over here.......
    OY9W8057copy.jpg
    Sandy Beach Hawaii
    OY9W7804copy.jpg
    OY9W7991copy.jpg
    ^^^Brandon Perreira
    OY9W8031copy.jpg
    OY9W8035copy.jpg
    ^^^Dominic Matthews
    OY9W7745copy.jpg
    OY9W7710copy.jpg
    OY9W8241copy.jpg
    OY9W8287copy.jpg
    OY9W8335.jpgOY9W8296.jpg
  • wade harrison
    August 2007
    hey danny is that uncle dom in shot 4 and 5.tell him i say whatsup when next you see him please bro.
  • floris
    August 2007
    This is a sick little wave hey and some beautiful birds2
    Nice.....!
    August 2007
    good form son... great shots of he action and the talent... :twisted:
  • Digital Danny
    August 2007
    Aloha Wade. That is Dom's. He caught some of the better waves that day and always fun hanging with him...I'll tell him.

Here's a few from yesterday...bigger and more consistent but all over the place.
    OY9W8368copy.jpg
    ^^^Sandy Beach from the Blow Hole Lookout. As most of you know, Sandy's is the fun place in Hawaii during the summer and is a chick magnet.
    OY9W8531copy.jpg
    OY9W8556copy.jpg
    ^^^My youngest son Colin Black
    OY9W8598copy.jpg
    ^^^Sandy's regular Elliot
    OY9W8621copy.jpg
    ^^^Groms no scared um.....
    OY9W8668copy.jpg
    OY9W8694.jpg
    IMG_2442.jpg
  • Francois
    August 2007
    Do they actually make it out of these waves ar is it just a SICK close out??? :shock:
  • Spy Dude
    August 2007
    ahhhh sandy beach... there was once a old school movie about a contest there..

Ben severson
    Pat calwal
    mike sterward
    kyle milagro
    harry anitpala
    keith sasaki
    August 2007
    bro its a SHORE BREAK... clearly a close out...
    you need to check out some of the old school BB vids with classic Sandy bay with guys like Hauoli Reeves riding...
  • Digital Danny
    August 2007
    I think that Sandy's contest vid was the first of a pro contest by Tom Boyle. Was that the one that it came down to Danny Kim and Mike and Mike won?

Sandy's has several different peaks. The photos are mostly of Gas Chambers to the far right and Middles. 99% of the time it's a close out. There's also Pipe Littles to the left which is makable a lot of the time but it's not as hollow most of the time like Gas Chambers is. And then there's 1/2 Point further to the left, further out and a very shallow reef break that Aka made famous.

Sandy's is as much about the stoke as it is about the waves. It's like the party beach in and out of the water. A lot of people meet there and become life long friends and the beach babes are infamous, and then there's the parking lot chilling!

Just posted 2 new photo blogs from the 15th @ http://www.myspace.com/bodyboardershawaii
  • wade harrison
    August 2007
    yeah man he's a legend.flip i had such fun at sandy's.got drilled hard by the coral washing around the impact zone all the time tho.
    do you travel much man.ever get down to AFRICA?
    come for a visit men.we will show you the way we africans do it.
    aloha brother
  • Digital Danny
    August 2007
    Yo Wade...........

Those coral rocks rolling around int he shorebreak are killers. When it's right at Sandy's, the sand bar is perfect and there's no coral in the shorebreak.

Haven't been to Africa......yet. Maybe one of these days. I've been to Indo, Tahiti, Puerto Escondido, Cali, Washington State, New Orleans, Las Vegas, Arizona, Massachusetts, Japan, Germany and all of the Hawaiian Islands.

You coming to Hawaii again?

If you guys wanna see tons of killer photos of Sandy's and elsewhere, check http://forums.ebodyboarding.com/cgi-bin ... act=SF;f=1 under the Sandy Beach Chronicles and Eye Candy threads.

OY9W1149.jpg
    ^^^Wahiawa Young Gun Ian McCauley @ Pipe on one of the better days of the year 4-9-2007.

Here's Dominic'ss My space http://www.myspace.com/alllite
  • wade harrison
    August 2007
    oh man FOR SURE hawaii has my heart man, i had some of the best times of my life there man!cruising through the trees on the bike track checking the waves, surfing ALL day get back to the pad, mission for a 40 at foodland and celebrate ANOTHER epic day in paradise. HELL YES i'm coming back man!dunno how soon but i'll be there one time!
  • Digital Danny
    August 2007
  • Spy Dude
    August 2007
    HowlAtMoon.jpg
    September 2007
    rofl...
  • Digital Danny
    September 2007
    North Shore starting to wake up. Pics from yesterday. Nothing special but at least some waves!
    OY9W9029copy.jpg
    OY9W8965copy.jpg
    OY9W9069copy.jpg
    OY9W9007copy.jpg
    OY9W9063copy.jpg
    OY9W9319copy.jpg
    OY9W9195copy.jpg
  • Digital Danny
    September 2007
    WarrenAndersonMockupAdcopy-1.jpg
  • Francois
    September 2007
    Nothing special??? :wink: Doesn't seem too bad to me but I guess that in comparison to what you guys do get this is the North Shore after it's first coffee in the morning- only just starting to wake up... :D
  • Francois
    September 2007
    O yeah, good to have you back Danny, we've been missing the pics. Peace
  • Digital Danny
    September 2007
  • Digital Danny
    September 2007
    Yesterday.....great day with da boys (and wahine) all happy to be back in the water on the North Shore! We spent the whole day there until after dark, set up the BBH tents, beverages and good times.
    OY9W9843copy.jpg
    ^^^Don't know if you guys remember him but Rex "T-Rex" Moribe who has always ridden for Manta, came back last year and is killing it...again!
    OY9W9758copy.jpg
    ^^^Rex getting nuts!
    OY9W0169copy.jpg
    ^^^Hawaiian Happy Zurowski who has lived on the North Shore his whole life just moved from BZ to ELMNOP with a new Hapz board coming out soon.

Take the time to check out more pics at ebodyboarding.com. Bunch of sick Beppu shots.
    October 2007
    ..BUMP...

Danny... its 6 degree's in London today and i am missing the warm sunny Hawaii pics.... hehe
  • Digital Danny
    November 2007
    Here's the latest 10-24-2007. We've had swells since then but pretty junk conditions. Hopefully this Friday Saturday will be better
    ContactSheet-001.jpg
    ContactSheet-002.jpg
    ContactSheet-003.jpg
    November 2007
    danny u legend, here i am freezing my nutz off and you post quality again...
    i may even go home and lie on my board just to get amped!!!
  • Peter Lambert
    November 2007
    Ahoy Danny, How are you?

can you please send me your e-mail adress or look me up on skype - my skype id is kalkbayreef and my e-mail addy is [email protected]

Basically Im looking at getting a Sony Z1 from you.

best regards

Peter
  • wade harrison
    November 2007
    image # 24 = not junk
    haha
  • Chinnychinchin
    November 2007
    Junk?!......hhhmmmm You should check out Big Bay....now thats junk. I WISH it was half as good as the surf in those pics!!! ha ha ha
  • Digital Danny
    November 2007
    11-05-2007 USBA Tour Imperial Beach Contest Results

11/06/07The Bodyglove Bodyboards USBA 2007 National Championship Tour

Event 4: The IB Pro

Sponsors: Bodyglove Bodyboards, No Friends Clothing, 662mob.com and
    the Town of Imperial Beach

Amateur Tour Sponsors: Custom X

The IB Pro was compiled into two days of action from Amateur upsets
    and darkhourse Pro efforts abound. The Amateur Division left a very
    important situation to be decided over the next two USBA events. New
    Jerseys new USBA prospect Dillon Druz who swept the northeast leg of
    the tour, was taken out due to poor wave selection in the first round.
    This left Reis Yanaheiro still in the running for the USBA Amateu
    Championship. Ries took home the win and a rekindled a motivation to
    compete for the title.

Heading into the Women's Pro Division an on fire former world champ
    Kira Lyllelyn was surfing better then most of the Men's Pro
    contestants. In the final she was able to land three ars's and one
    invert cleanly proving why she is world champion material. Monique
    Delamore placed second with a great effort narrowly beating the
    current USBA Champion Roberta Bitzer.

The IB Pro's DK division was a whirlwind of upsets and rouge
    performances. Bobby Kitchart (CA) was on a mission smashing every
    section that came his way and knocking out current DK USBA Champ Dave
    Hubbard. Jeff Hubbard was able to sneak by his brother as well and
    make it to the final where he finished 2nd to Willy Sani (CA) who put
    in a huge performance in his first ever USBA appearance winning the
    entire event!

Heading into the Pro Divisions there were some slow starts but big
    finishes that outweighed the early rounds. The early rounds noticeable
    names where Robby Grey (AUS), Jacob Romero (HI), Jason Bitzer,Brian
    Cruz (Guam) and Sacha Specker(SA). Early round upsets came in the form
    of local hero's Ross McBride, Jeremy Wright, Brad Mebust amongst other
    new USBA new comers. Jeff Hubbard who consistently placed second in
    his heats seemed to never find his rhythm and was stopped in the
    semi's to leave his brother Dave and buddy Spencer Skipper to carry
    the Hawaiian flag into the finals. Also Jorge Colomer (PR) put in
    consistent efforts gaining him access to the final, but it was South
    Africa's Sacha Specker who was on fire after his near loss in the
    semis. Sacha stamped his name in the USBA history books and took home
    the $1000 dollar first place check.

The USBA heads to the Rosarito Beach Pro next weekend Nov 9-11th with
    and expected 1,500 plus crowd on hand. Check out usbamag.com/webcast
    for live action of the event as well usbatour.org for a live link
    webcast on the home page.

Thank you again to our sponsors Bodyglove Bodyboards , Nofriends
    Clothing and all our supporters who made this event possible

USBA Staff

Amateur
    1. Reis Yanoherio
    2. Taylor Paige
    3. Rob Mack

DK Pro
    1. Wally Sani
    2. Jeff Hubbard
    3. Shawn Convoy
    4. Bobby Kichart

Women's Pro
    1. Kira Llewellyn
    2. Monique Delamore
    3. Roberta Bitzer
    4. Marcella Bingham *(AM)

Men's Pro
    1. Sacha Specker
    2. Spencer Skipper
    3. Dave Hubbard
    4. Jorge Colomer
    --
    USBA TOUR
    364 Auwinala Rd.
    Kailua HI 96734

PH:808 255 8671
    FAX 732 528 0621
    Email:[email protected]
  • Digital Danny
    November 2007
    11-5-2007 Off The Wall and Backdoor on a small day but it was fun after enduring 2-days of rain. The dk guy with the red rashie is my son Colin who rides for Custom X and Viper. I didn't go down to the beach on the rainy days but was told that there were a couple of 1-hour windows when it stopped raining and the surf was good sized.
    ContactSheet-001.jpg
  • Digital Danny
    November 2007
    Califirnia's Wedge goes off yesterday and today and Hubb is there. Mahalo to our good friends Marty Kooistra and Bryan Pezmen for letting us use their pics.
    _MG_0047copy.jpg
    _MG_0194copy.jpg
    218522179-L-1.jpg
  • Digital Danny
    November 2007
    latimes.jpg
    ^^^Boogers name is Beans. He works for Jay Real at E-bodyboarding and rides for Madrid.

Correction: Sorry. He now rides for Morey.

• November 2007
    WOOHOO now thats how you sell newspapers!!
  • lyle
    November 2007
    imagine the day where local papers have a booger on the front page!
    November 2007
    Rides for Madrid huh? looks like he is riding a Mach 7-7 hehehe
    sponsors wont be happy...
  • Spy Dude
    November 2007
    absolute legend old school board... wonder if it has the bright orange surlin..
  • KellyKelly
    November 2007
    Bodyboarding has been doing pretty well in the local SA papers over the last year thanks to the efforts of a few - OJ, Mike Dei-Cont and Gareth White that I know of ... and the SA Times in London ran a shot of Mark McCarthy at Shark Island and then a full page front cover photo of Justin Lindsay inverting at the Plett Wedge during SA Champs (trying to get the PDF off them at the moment).

And credit to the photographers who make their shots available to the papers - they don't pay but this all helps to grow our sport.
  • lyle
    November 2007
    good stuff. wasnt aware of that.
  • Digital Danny
    November 2007
    The past couple of days
    OY9W4693copy.jpg
    ^^^Rex Moribe Manta
    OY9W4710copy.jpg
    ^^^Derek Miyashiro Mike Stewart Science
    OY9W4568copy.jpg
    ^^^Kaleo Patterson Custom X
    OY9W4644copy.jpg
    ^^^Chase Maglangit Underground
    OY9W5603copy.jpg
    ^^^Log Cabins
  • lyle
    November 2007
    woohoo!! digital dan, you make my boring day at work soooo much sweeter when you post shots like this! :D
  • Digital Danny
    November 2007
    Sacha is over here now and was in the water today in very gnarly conditions. Guy rips. Met another guy from SA named Andre.
    OY9W6267copy.jpg
    OY9W6192copy.jpg
    OY9W6296copy.jpg
    Some other action from the Hawaiians
    OY9W5874copy.jpg
    ^^^Daven Alexander Underground
    OY9W5833copy.jpg
    ^^^David Phillips BZ
    OY9W6413copy.jpg
    ^^^Hubb
    OY9W6362copy.jpg
    ^^^Ehukai
    OY9W6170copycopy.jpg
    ^^^Log Cabins
  • lyle
    November 2007
    cant argue about him ripping! keep the ol SA flag flying!
  • JmoJmo
    November 2007
    OMG, those 2 shots of log cabins are frickin insane...
    November 2007
    Danny you legend....

Hey bro did u see or hear anything about the South African surfer who died surfing Tunnels last week, a guy named Nolan?
  • Spy Dude
    November 2007
    nice to see Spex making the DB hall of fame... ahoy :wink:
  • Digital Danny
    November 2007
    Met South African Rylin Richardson at the beach yesterday with pretty gnarly conditions at Insanities.

• ElementreeElementree
    November 2007
    What i wouldn't give to be there right now!
  • floris
    November 2007
    Hawaii the dream land!!! Sick pix dude love it
  • Digital Danny
    December 2007
    Yesterday on the North Shore. 11-29-2007: Colin B calls me at 7:30 and said he was on his way to Pipe and the waves should be pretty good. I have to have my 2 cups of java, get ready and head down. Driving past Waimea there are some waves and surfers out. Get to Pipe at 9am and it's 4-6' with fair conditions but super, super crowded again. I decide to go down to the water line and shoot the angle in spite of having to deal with the white water from the front waves (I need a ladder!) for an hour and then decide to move up the hill further down and shoot flat at Pipe and Backdoor. 30-minutes later I get a call to go to another spot. Get there and shoot for an hour or so, go eat lunch, check out another spot and head back to Pipe. Conditions are not bad but lighting is funky except for a couple mackers at Insanities with the back light. More photos in Blog.
    ContactSheet-001-1.jpg
    ContactSheet-002.jpg
  • MichelleDaniels
    December 2007
    Not only a LEGEND PHOTOG, with a "dream" atmosphere as well.
    Thanks again and very appreciative of all your help, respect and support! As Natalie says
    "YOU ARE THE MAN". We have watched Colin progress through the years as well and you both must be very, humbly proud. Peace and very MUCH respect--
    Michelle Daniels :D
  • Digital Danny
    January 2008
    Aloha Michelle! Hope all is well with you and the girls!

OY9W4726copy.jpg

OY9W0069copycopy.jpg

JoelEngel20x30SingleFrame.jpg
  • Digital Danny
    February 2008
    Pipe contest 2-19-2008
    OY9W8066copy.jpg

More photos at http://www.myspace.com/bodyboardershawaii
    February 2008
    That dude has a style like an old Morey team rider called THARIN ROSA... Danny is it him?
  • Digital Danny
    February 2008
    That's Micah Salazar from the Big Island doing the air. He made it through 3 rounds I think. Tharin still comes down to OTW occasionally and can still kill it.

Spent some time with Darren Halse. He's good friends with Hawaiian Paul Benco so we got to break bread with a few brews more than once. He did REALLY good in the contest as well as free surfing before the contest earning respect from all the Hawaiians for sure.
    OY9W8021copy.jpg
    ^^^Darren
    Dre was totally awesome going through 7 heats I think, winning 6 before the winds came on and the waves got ugly. He also scored well out of the water. Wish I would have taken a pic of him with this other blond "friend" of his that flew in from Dana Point California.
    OY9W8499copy.jpg

Wesley, Vijay and Mike also did South Africa proud! Didn't get to meet Adam. What does he look like?
  • Digital Danny
    February 2008
    Pipeline Pro Day 1 video highlights here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnxc677Yvw8
    February 2008
    Thanks Danny, legend...
  • Digital Danny
    March 2008
    Pipe Pro Day 2 highlight vid here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRRhtly7g-E
  • Spy Dude
    March 2008
    Danny... where have all the photos gone.... your like a drug dealer, give us a few hits for free than vanish.

Come on bru i am hanging to check some more photos.

oh yes you can make use of this new forums ability to add attachments instead of putting them on photobucket/myspace/whatever. Companies like mine block those sites.
    April 2008
    *bump* cause this cant be on page 2... ever
    Kelly, cant you make this post a sticky?
  • Digital Danny
    April 2008
    IMG_5275.jpg
    ^^^Left to right:Cali's Chad Nichols, South African's Lisa and Andre in Bali and Aussie photog Gavin Smith. Good times at the Apache! Lisa was in Hawaii for a few months this past season and is now in Oz.
  • lyle
    April 2008
    hey dan you back :D give a tast of some indo waves. judging by the above two shots that where you been. been missing your shots dude...
  • Digital Danny
    April 2008
    RustyFriesenIndoContactSheet-001.jpg
    JustinCrossmanIndoContactSheet-001.jpg
    IMG_3455copy.jpg
    ^^^Here's Lisa again at Super Suck!
  • peterbee
    April 2008
    What's with the one standup at SS paddling back on his board the wrong way round?
  • StJohnLombard_Bodyboarder
    April 2008
    Peter, I see oaks do that alot, they launch off the swell with their board the wrong way, and do like a "360" with their board, and turn it the right way, and the face of the wave.
  • lyle
    April 2008
    huh? :? i didnt get that??
    April 2008
    360ra2.jpg
  • KellyKelly
    April 2008
    lol ... that's awesome --- nothing like the old whiteboard to explain.
    peterbee wrote:
    What's with the one standup at SS paddling back on his board the wrong way round?

Shallow reef = skeg killer and skegs up front is a fairly common sight at shallow breaks.

As for taking off with skegs forward, my brother Alan occasionally whips out the take off with his surfboard back-to-front and upside down from his arsenal of party tricks --- no 360 or kick-flip involved but taking off with no wax and 3 fins facing up at you is not what your mother would recommend.
  • puku
    April 2008
    How come I can only see half of the page? Kelly? Like if I scroll sideways all the pics and writing and shit is cut-off, it's just blank.
    Sick photos Danny
  • KellyKelly
    April 2008
    puku wrote:
    How come I can only see half of the page? Kelly? Like if I scroll sideways all the pics and writing and shit is cut-off, it's just blank.
    Sick photos Danny

If you imbed an image which is too wide for your screen then the rest of the image is hidden to stop users posting images which make the forum stretch beyond the width of your screen.

If you want to view the full image then right click and select "view image".

For anyone who is posting an image - if you "upload attachment" then it will resize to fit in the screen if it is too big and will let you hyperlink to the full size image. You should upload and then choose to "place inline".
    April 2008
    Kelly, I've seen it done before.
  • lyle
    April 2008
    Quote:

Shallow reef = skeg killer and skegs up front is a fairly common sight at shallow breaks.

now this makes sense to me. i saw the dude paddling not the ou taking off so thats why i was confusious :)
    November 2008
    Danny are you going to be taunting us with your fab photos this season from the North Shoore??
  • Digital Danny
    November 2008
    Aloha nui loa!! Might be 20' Hawaiian this Saturday!!

Sunday 11-9-2008

After having spent all day at the beach this past Thursday, I ended up staying home on Friday and Saturday. According to the coconut wireless, it was only average conditions at OTW and Pipe, and with it costing $20 round trip for gas from Kailua to the North Shore I gotta take her easy. But, now that I see all the great shots from Ryan, Colin M, Mo & JT, maybe I should have gone! ohmy.gif)

So, the forecast for today was a new 6-8' Hawaiian NW swell filling in late in the afternoon. Check the buoys late last night: 8' 14 sec. Not bad. Okay, we go! Get a morning voice mail from Jordan Stallard who slept on the North Shore last night. "pouring rain. It's dumping" Hmmmm..........Get a call at 10am from Paul Benco. He's on his way down from town. Heard from Mark Balasbas that the sun is trying to pop. Okay, we go....

It's pouring rain in Kailua but after passing over the Koolau mountains I can see some blue toward the north shore. Getting amped. Gotta keep checking the speedometer. So, get to the 7-mile miracle and decide to shoot from Rock Piles. Pull out my camera and it starts pouring. Really pouring rain. Run under the life guard shack, set up, buss out the sunflower seeds and water. There's some size out there but the swell direction is to west again and it's shutting down. Chit.....das allright. Just shoot and hope for the best as the day progresses.

OY9W1094copy.jpg

Starts raining again. It's around 2pm so I decide to park at Ehukai, eat lunch and check out Pipe. It's mostly pinching but Backdoor is looking pretty good. Talk story with some of the boys and Jordan rolls in....okay, I'm gonna go set up at OTW and shoot Backdoor.

OY9W1398copycopycopy.jpg
    ^^^Chase Maglangit busting late evening Backdoor

So, 6PM and no light: head for Starbucks in Pupukea to get a tripple espresso brave late.. for the long drive home. Benco is sitting outside, talk about tomorrow and then Veterans Day on Tuesday. Sounds good!
  • SmTSmT
    November 2008
    Yeah, good to have you back Danny, amped to see some more shots this season. Keep an eye out for all the saffas coming over!
  • that NINJA kid
    November 2008
    Ah man, so good to see Danny's shots again!
    Show us mooooooooooore Danny!
  • craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    November 2008
    Yeah Danny.
    Feed us ur freshness :D
    All the best.
  • Digital Danny
    November 2008
    I've seen Sasha in the water a couple of times. Hopefully the 20' NW swell will show up this Saturday! Winds and conditions sound sketchy so we'll see what happens. Hoping for Waimea shore break!!

OY9W1444copy.jpg
    ^^^Hubb 11/13/2008 @ Pipe.

More photos posted to the BBH @ My Space http://www.myspace.com/bodyboardershawaii and new BBH @ Facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/prof ... ef=profile
  • Digital Danny
    November 2008
    Happy Thanksgiving to all! No waves today but hopefully tomorrow before a storm rolls in on Saturday with 18'+.

Malama
  • Digital Danny
    February 2009
    Some action from the Pipe contest....all in all in was awesome!!!

contactsheet001bc1.jpg
    By dannywblack at 2009-02-26
    contactsheet002bl7.jpg
    By dannywblack at 2009-02-26
    contactsheet001fy5.jpg
    By dannywblack at 2009-02-25
    contactsheet002qy4.jpg
    contactsheet001xb4.jpg
    contactsheet002tw5.jpg

Admin should increase the margin size!!!!!!!!!! I have a 30" monitor and the pics are still being cut in half and you have to do the view photo which is a nuisance!
  • Digital Danny
    March 2009
    Bodyboarder Choice Awards-Turbo Pipeline Pro After Party. Just a few with Sasha in one of them. Lot's more at Bodyboarders Hawaii Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile. Some, but not all, of the winners are posted here http://riptidemag.com.au/index.php?opti ... 5&Itemid=1
    contactsheet006fc3.jpg
    By dannywblack at 2009-03-02
  • Digital Danny
    March 2009
    dubbintro.jpg
    By dannywblack at 2009-03-06
    Official Morey Bodyboards Press Release:
    Morey is proud to announce the signing of 3-time and current Dropknee World Champion bodyboarder, David Hubbard. At 26 years of age, David, or “DUB” by which he is known in the bodyboarding world, has received numerous accolades. Over the past two years he has placed first in several worldwide bodyboard competitions, has been on 5 magazine covers and has been featured in multiple videos. David and Morey have signed a multi-year deal. Said David, “I am excited about joining the team, and carrying on Morey’s rich history as the original bodyboard brand.” Currently, David is working with Morey’s Oceanside team to design a line of high-performance signature models for the Morey Elite series. For more info on David Hubbard and Morey Bodyboards, please log onto http://WWW.MOREYBODYBOARDS.COM
  • Digital Danny
    March 2009
    This morning 3-9-2009 at Pipe. Big, nuts, spooky, all over the place, cloudy, rainy, winds howling and overall a bummer after expecting it to be all time according to the forecasts etc. Only Hubb & Skipp were out when I got there at 11am but they had been out for and hour and a half or so. Skipp caught one more wave and came in. Jeff caught a couple then came in. He said the winds were blowing up swell that was messing up the waves, the current shifted north and it was pretty hectic out there.
    ContactSheet-001copy.jpg
    ^^^Even in the toughest conditions Hubb can still shred um.
  • Digital Danny
    March 2009
    Best Makapuu I have ever seen.............3-14-2008 It started out pouring rain and howling winds for 3-hours but the waves were still all time. The sun came out at 11:15am, things settled down and conditions increased to epic! It was the only spot on Oahu that was any good but Maui did get some as well but more stormy conditions.
    oy9w1814.jpg
    By dannywblack, shot with Canon EOS-1D Mark II N at 2009-03-15
    oy9w1892copycopy.jpg
    By dannywblack, shot with Canon EOS-1D Mark II N at 2009-03-14
    oy9w1975copycopy.jpg
    oy9w2016copycopy.jpg
  • Digital Danny
    June 2009
    Jacob VanderVelde yesterday @ Ala Moana. Best south swell in years!!
    oy9w9118.jpg
    By dannywblack, shot with Canon EOS-1D Mark II N at 2009-06-28
  • doclach
    June 2009
    Ah Danny, what a treat - didn't know you had a thread here mate. sick-as, get to come halfway round the world (on the internetz) to see more of your sweet eyecandy.
    keep that stoke,

Doc
  • Digital Danny
    July 2009
    Aloha Doc! Hard to keep up with all the forum's all the time but I try my best to share.

Malama pono

oy9w9134.jpg
    By dannywblack, shot with Canon EOS-1D Mark II N at 2009-06-30
    ^^^Happy Zurowski putting his new ELMNOP sig board Da Hapz through the paces at Ala Moana 6-27-2009. Checked out the board. Clean, simple, functional. Happy digs it!!

Right click and View to see entire frame...........
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.