Go Pro videos

• jbs
    February 2011
    Hey guys, there are a couple of awesome Go Pro videos floating around on the net. Some of them are amazing, not all bodyboarding related but worth checking out. If you're not sure what Go-Pro is all about, just google it, theyre tiny waterproof HD video cams.

This particular video is hands-down the most insane bodyboarding one I've come across, watch it in 720p Hi-def if your connection can support, but it's worth the wait to let it buffer.

You can pick up Go-Pro cams locally now...anyone got one already?

Bodyboarding 2,176 views

10 Replies

• lyle
    February 2011
    sweet vid.
  • KellyKelly
    February 2011
    @jbs ... Jared, spotted this section (Wipeout of the Week - from Xtreme Video) from PTP2 ... 735,000 views and counting.

• ronald911ronald911
    February 2011
    jbs wrote:
    Hey guys, there are a couple of awesome Go Pro videos floating around on the net. Some of them are amazing, not all bodyboarding related but worth checking out. If you're not sure what Go-Pro is all about, just google it, theyre tiny waterproof HD video cams.

This particular video is hands-down the most insane bodyboarding one I've come across, watch it in 720p Hi-def if your connection can support, but it's worth the wait to let it buffer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IefJvrq ... r_embedded

You can pick up Go-Pro cams locally now...anyone got one already?

I'm actually pretty keen to get a Go Pro camera - More to use as a Full HD Water Cam than a to attach it to my board or something.
    Would it be possible to use it that way?
  • jbs
    February 2011
    Hey Ronald, you can make use it as a HD video housing instead of a board cam, it works pretty good but the only drawback being is there is no zoom function. But if youre going more for barrel shots thats fine, you wont miss it.

I've seen a couple vids of guys using it attached to a pole so it gives the shot this elevated feeling. The guys were shooting a punchy reef break and because the cameras are so light he was at times almost pointing it over the end bowl of the reef...looked amazing, can definitely do some funk stuff.

Kelly...yeah stoked with the view count on that clip, been watching it tick up these last couple of months, pretty cool. Had the trailer on a coupled hundred thou a while back but it was pulled due to the music infingement (haha)...I think they relaunched it again and its on 100 000+...good times!
  • ronald911ronald911
    February 2011
    jbs wrote:
    Hey Ronald, you can make use it as a HD video housing instead of a board cam, it works pretty good but the only drawback being is there is no zoom function.

In my opinion, because you are shooting in HD from the water, the zoom is not necessary in terms of, you want to show the person what you are seeing from your perspective. And these South Coast Point breaks are fairly predictable to where the waves are coming from and start to break.

Would be sic to get footage of the owes charging our hollow close out banks. :mrgreen:
  • ronald911ronald911
    March 2011
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRQwCpLUBz4[/youtube]

• March 2011
    I recently got a GoPro HD Surf from a South African owned surf shop at Deerfield bech in Florida USA. The build and image quality is absolutely awesome and the camera is so light. My plan is to use it hand-held in the water. This will work well as it has a wide angle lens (170' field of view). The only problem with this camera housing is that the lens port is curved so underwater recording comes out slightly out of focus. But there have already been a few people that have posted their modifications on the net. These modifications work perfectly. The change is just a flat lens port to fix the problem.

once you own a go pro, you might want to buy anti fog inserts designed for the housing as fogging can become a problem. You could also go the DIY route and use rice in tea bags. Also, use dish washing liquid or rain-x to help reduce or eliminate water drops on the lens.

I say give it a go.
  • ronald911ronald911
    September 2011
    Also got a little GoPro a few ago (Finally :D)

Some frame grabs - haven't had much waves on the South Coast lately....

GOPR%2B117.jpg
    GOPR%2B120.jpg
    GOPR%2B119.jpg
  • Inky
    September 2011
    Very nice!

Have a look at this guys in barrel shots taken with a GOPro, he is also on the South Coast.
    http://www.shotbru.co.za/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=2rinm9jx3sndz
  • lyle
    September 2011
    Nice work Ronald.

Those are very nice shots on that website Inky!
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.