I need some advice on a Wetsuit

• Super_Dude
    February 2011
    dum darum deedum!!

The time has come for me to get my wetsuit!!!! yeah!!!! haha

OK OK I know Im hijacking ?? ye well, I need advice. :)

Billabong Foil any good? I like the Billabond suits... comftable... Can get it for R1650

weeellll???

Thanx...

Bodyboarding 2,495 views

6 Replies

• ElementreeElementree
    February 2011
    Ok I know that I don't have a leg to stand on because I now own 2 Billabong suits, but seriously dude don't even consider buying that rubbish in SA...Bong, Quick, Ripcurl etc DO NOT SUPPORT SOUTH AFRICAN BODYBOARDING and for that we should not be supporting them...don't buy anything they sell...nothing.

As far as suits go there are a couple of brands that DO SUPPORT SA sponge...firstly Reef...they have been the backbone of SA bodyboarding for many years...event sponsors have come and gone, but Reef are still on the scene in a big way. Their suits are made in Cape Town for Cape waters so you won't go wrong there. They have some pretty good entry level suits that don't cost a fortune and their top end stuff rivals the bigger international brands for materials used.

There is another overseas brand highly rated by spongers from OZ and every Saffa wearing one...Agent 18 wetsuits cost a bit more than Reef's, but I know the guys who bring them in to SA do a lot for the sport and I am pretty sure that if possible they will start supporting events really soon. Haven't worn one myself...but theres my 50 cents

Derevko suits is a company owned by a bloke from the Table View side of the world so it's also lank local...don't know about the suits, but I haven't heard much bad said about them...then again I haven't heard anything really :(

So there you go...that is my opinion on the suit matter.
  • Super_Dude
    February 2011
    Hhmmm... I didn't think about that... The Reef gives me a rash in my neck... The Derevko? The material feels nice. Haven't tried 1 on yet... Can any1 give me some input on this? :-)
  • lyle
    February 2011
    Try different models from the reef range. some chafe others dont. i get the whole support those that support us thing but really you need to get something that is comfortable and fits you tight and snug and cheap as possible. thats my 5 cents....
  • Offaxis
    February 2011
    If you surfing Cape Town waters I wouldn't go cheap! You get what you pay for when it comes to wetsuits, one thing I've learnt.
  • Rowan C
    February 2011
    I have a Reef spring suit and it gives my neck HELL! I agree with the "You get what you pay for" ideaology, definitely better to get a quality suit in the long run.
  • Super_Dude
    February 2011
    What do you guys think of the Reef Eclipse 4.3mm ?? and what price range is that? Looks flippen nice!!!
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.