DropKneeSessions (DKS) 2010

• doclach
    July 2010
    DKS 2010 is underway in a couple of weeks.
    We've received an entry from South Africa - any guesses who it is?

Event details are at http://www.dksessions.com/

past winners:
    2002 Crispin Hughes
    2003 Grant Molony
    2004 Mason Rose
    2005 Mat Klimowicz
    2006 Mason Rose
    2007 Dylan Lee
    2008 Bud Miyamoto
    2009 Kim Feast

2010....... Saffa?!?!?

more info soon 8)

Bodyboarding 1,061 views

17 Replies

• craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    July 2010
    Sickness!!!

I have a pretty good guess.. 8)
  • doclach
    July 2010
    Hey Craig - hope you guessed Aden Kleve!!
    O spoke to Aden yesterday and he's going up to Port Macquarie DKS next weekend (7th,8th August). Thing is, we don;t have much info on Aden to let the Oz public know about him, apart from his rider profile link here at Sixty40.
    If anyone has any pics, yarns (funny or epic, either is good) or rider info on Aden, if you could send it through to me asap and we'll get to work on getting a profile interview going for him down here.
    8)
  • doclach
    July 2010
    also:
    If all followers of the OLD DKS page could become fans on the NEW DKS page
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 02?ref=sgm you'll have all the up to date results and stories for Tiona and Port Mac comps. (and anyone new of course!)

The twitter is:
    http://twitter.com/DKSessions

Massive thanks to Kelly Footit who has set us up with an online comp result system which is the same cutting edge technology as you Saffas have lead the way with. :idea:

Muchos gracias 8)
    July 2010
    Haha no he was my second guess cos I know he left last week, i missed his farewell!

Epic man, Aden is another of our super talented young guns from the Cape 8)

Stylish and smooth rider with skills lying down and on the knee coupled with a great attitude.

Go Ado, kill it my son!!!
  • DoDgY RoDgY
    July 2010
    aden is the filthiest and funniest guy you will ever meet, hes from kom and is a ripper of note!! tell the ozzies not to underestimate his talent!!! go aden win it!!!
  • doclach
    August 2010
    Cheers Craig and dodgy... too bad you missed his farewell Craig.

sounds like a sick lad - I'll warn the fellas :twisted:
    anymore info though? or pics?

also a fun little DK clip from the other day at Tiona comp (Freesurfing after)
    http://vimeo.com/13822817
    August 2010
    Hey Doch!

I reckon the best would maybe to PM his brother Josh Kleve, he would probably be able to hook you up with more content and info.

Frothing to see how Aden does, he claimed this years Cape Classic DK crown competing against some of SA's finest too.

Holding thumbs for the bra!
  • doclach
    August 2010
    Yo Craig, i will do that for sure, I'm already a couple of steps ahead and have spoken to Aden on the phone , but people generally aren't that good at talking about themsleves and also their mates and fam can have some cracker yarns. i assume Josh is in here under his own name yeah?
  • DoDgY RoDgY
    August 2010
    ay doclah theres a video on facebook, check it out!
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... =631079211
    August 2010
    Yo Doch!

Yup same name " Josh Kleve" :P
  • doclach
    August 2010
    thanks lads - good things are-a-coming...... including the fact that dodgy rodgy is a 'filth cat'...hahaha.....as only good boeties can say about each other...... stay chooned.....
  • doclach
    August 2010
    http://www.surfphotos.com.au/aden-kleve-interview here it is.

A good mate in QLD, Trevor Ross, is a big DK enthusiast, one of our dedicated DK shooters here getting shots for the lads who often have never had housing shoots before. Some sick pics to go with it from Damo and other Saffa photogs as well.
    thanks to Craig t, dodgy, Kelly and Jerry for all the help with contacting Aden
  • doclach
    August 2010
    1.11 pm Saturday here - latest result for Aden:
    DK Sessions Heat 2 Q/F Aiden Kleve(STH AFRICA)1st VS Dane Pope(QLD)2nd

he's getting a lot of respect, Popey's a damn charger, one of the best.

check the results threads when you can, it's gonna go off!!
  • doclach
    August 2010
    Semi 1 Lackey vs Kleve!
  • doclach
    August 2010
    Official press release:

Contest machine Grant Molony from the Central Coast has taken out this year’s DKS Port Mac event in 3ft wedging waves at Port’s famous North Wall. Grant was in fine form throughout the day with his explosive moves and massive cutbacks and floaters. Grant defeated QLD’s Matt Lackey in the man-on-man final after surfing through 4 huge heats leaving behind DKS Tiona winner Rob Richards and high profile riders like 2 time World Champ Damian King and local hope Chris Hanlon in securing his 2nd DKS win.

Organiser Clayton Pickworth said “we decided to follow through with the same format we had started with at last weeks contest which allows a man-on-man format from the quarter finals on and this gives the guys more time in the water to showcase their skills”. “It also makes the competitors more relaxed in the water and I think it’s worked really well”.

After the results were read, the winner (Molony) said “there is no better feeling than to win this event and I even rate this better than the world tour”, “it has everything, the best riders and the best feeling about any event I have been in, this is where it’s at!”. One of the biggest surprises though was the performance of South African Aiden Kleve, who came out for the event as an unknown rider to most of the competitors but certainly left his mark with a credible 4th place. “Yeah Aiden was definitely the surprise packet but certainly performed really well and stuck it to the big guns” Pickworth said.

The team from Ossix Swimwear were on hand to present the trophies and prizes to the finalists and the results were 1st Grant Molony 2nd Matt Lackey 3rd Damian King 4th Aiden Kleve. “Again these events are only possible with great support by sponsors like Sundowner Holidays, Turbo Bodyboards, Bluntcut Fins, No Clones, Surfphotos, Matt Brockie, Liquid Malisha and Welsh Designs thank you for your support” Pickworth said.

OFFICIAL RESULTS:
    DKS TIONA
    1st Rob Richards (NSW)
    2nd Grant Molony (NSW)
    3rd Mat Klimowicz (NSW)
    4th Justin Welsh (VIC)

DKS PORT MAC
    1st Grant Molony (NSW)
    2nd Matt Lackey (QLD)
    3rd Damian King (NSW)
    4th Aiden Kleve (Sth Africa)
    August 2010
    I love the fact that our boys are unknown before these events and blow up to make a name for themselves.

Yesman!
  • doclach
    August 2010
    craigtrilivas wrote:
    I love the fact that our boys are unknown before these events and blow up to make a name for themselves.

Yesman!

Yeah it's pretty good aye Craig! The talent is there, no doubt about it. It's just getting the Saffa lads actually competing over here so we can get to see their (magnificent) form. Each county's mags tends to feature only riders form their own country - Sixty40 to this point has been one of the better ones for putting a variety of riders apart from Saffa in there. Reciprocally , Riptide is starting to do feature shots on Jerry and there is a massive photo spread this issue of Dre. The Aussie mags are generally notorious for featuring primarily Aussie riders so in that sense we get exposed to very few overseas riders, apart from the likes of PLC, Hubb etc. normally.
    The breakthrough potential is the online community, in this sense i personally think the 6040 forum is an under utilised resource by the readers, the site itself is an awesome set-up and it's (potentially) a great place to give a heads up on who's ripping and why - the links then can be easily distributed on the internet and blokes like me can spot this gear and get riders on our radar.
    chatter about riders gets them noticed, especially for sponsors, as it indicates they are in the mind of the everyday rider.
    Just a thought.

Also Trevor Ross from http://www.surfphotos.com.au (who hosted Aden's interview) and posts most of the pics from DKS just sent me this pic through with the instruction:
    "hey Doc...

Post this one on the 60/40 site..... yewwww"

so here it is. There is a game here for kids called "Where's Wally" where you have to spot him in the crowd.
    This one we'll call "Where's Aden?" hahaha

a54550ee.jpg
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.