Beginner lessons in Cape Town?

• Bert
    January 2010
    Hello all,

I will be for 2 weeks in Cape Town coming February / March. I just had my first ever surf lesson in San Diego last week and liked it so much that I also want to take some lessons in Cape Town. However, I also would like to try my hand at bodyboarding as it seems almost more fun than surfing. Does anyone know a place in Cape Town that offers bodyboarding lessons for absolute beginners?

Cheers from Cambridge, UK,
    Bert

Bodyboarding 1,440 views

4 Replies

• KellyKelly
    January 2010
    Get hold of Byron or Johnny at the Bodyboarding Academy (http://www.thebodyboardingacademy.co.za) which is based in Cape Town.

In the meantime, you should have a read of THE PROJECT: Back to Basics --- this is a series of tutorials aimed at sharing the core knowledge of wave riding which can take you years to learn.

You will find Volume 1 (Wave Dynamics) on page 42 of issue 08 which we have online: http://www.sixty40.co.za/sixty40-magazine-alter-ego . Issue 09 will be going online shortly which features Volume 2 (Water Dynamics) and Volume 3 (Lineup Dynamics) is available in Issue 10 which is currently on news stands and can be purchased online.

You will be learning from one of the best as THE PROJECT is authored by James Moolenschot - one of South Africa's most accomplished big wave bodyboarders (won the 2008 Reef/Science Biggest Wave contest). James is also a Product Designer who has working knowledge of how our equipment operates and the keen attention to detail required in this profession is evident as James manages to successfully convert his knowledge to paper for us.

THE PROJECT is undoubtedly one of my favourite features from the mag and I would recommend this as ESSENTIAL READING for all wave riders, especially for beginner to intermediate but not exclusively.
  • doclach
    January 2010
    "The Project" was so well orchestrated and written. Big ups to James M - and to sixty40 for making the space to include it.

Good basics => better standard of riding all around and faster progression for boog IMO
  • craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    January 2010
    WORD!
  • Bert
    January 2010
    Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Bert
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.