Issue 9 :: Cover - Who?

• ElementreeElementree
    August 2009
    Just for fun and seeing as no one has started guessing.

Who do you think made the cover of sixty40 Issue 9 and where do you think the shot was taken?

Whoever gets the closest will get a free drink from me!

Wohoo

:lol:

Let the games begin...

Sixty40 Bodyboarding Magazine 1,683 views

24 Replies

• Spy Dude
    August 2009
    Pete, towed into 15ft dungeons by Mr moo this last thursday, shot by DC
  • Inky
    August 2009
    Well firstly when can we see this issue???

As the Mr Lambert option is now taken, I think it's Mr Mac or Mr Houston in Aussie or Hawaii :mrgreen:
  • slider
    August 2009
    seeing that spex is starting his own attack in the standup arena at zigzag, i would say rosy hodge will be gracing our cover, floating a monster section...DK!!! hahaha
    no really...i would have to go with either SPEX, McCARTHY, OROS or HOUSTON.
    what you think?
  • doclach
    August 2009
    Free drink? mmmmmm

Q: "Who do you think made the cover of sixty40 Issue 9"
    A: A bodyboarder

Q: where do you think the shot was taken?
    A: SA

do I win?
    and does it include airfare to come get the bevvy?
    haha
    Doc
  • andreas
    August 2009
    Me, charging 3ft llandudno :?
  • ElementreeElementree
    August 2009
    slider wrote:
    seeing that spex is starting his own attack in the standup arena at zigzag, i would say rosy hodge will be gracing our cover, floating a monster section...DK!!! hahaha
    no really...i would have to go with either SPEX, McCARTHY, OROS or HOUSTON.
    what you think?

Ok...try picking one rider and one location :lol:
  • ElementreeElementree
    August 2009
    doclach wrote:
    Free drink? mmmmmm

Q: "Who do you think made the cover of sixty40 Issue 9"
    A: A bodyboarder

Q: where do you think the shot was taken?
    A: SA

do I win?
    and does it include airfare to come get the bevvy?
    haha
    Doc

Close but no cigar ;)
  • Ian
    August 2009
    lets play hot or cold....
    is the rider south african, is the photo taken in SA?
  • ConorConor
    August 2009
    Frothing!! haha when is it coming out????
    Jerry In oz is my vote! :D :D
  • TiaanK
    August 2009
    Beyers van der Merwe, Devils Horn death drop.
  • ElementreeElementree
    August 2009
    Ian wrote:
    lets play hot or cold....
    is the rider south african, is the photo taken in SA?

Ok...some of you have been moderately warm while others have been stone cold. ;)

Keep guessing.
  • doclach
    August 2009
    Ahh, tough guy eh?
    hmmm... i said a bb'er for rider (which has to be right unless it is a stand-up... i don't think so, aha) and so my cunning plan would suggest that it isn;t in SA. Someone has already said Jerry in Oz - so I'll go for Mac in Arica, El Gringoooooo.
    cold, warm, or drink? haha
  • Ian
    August 2009
    give us a clue, you havnt said anything that helps us...
  • BillybusterBillybuster
    August 2009
    I would love to see a Flowrider cover... Especially the Run-In shots!! If it were my guess, seeing as though there will be a considerable amount of Flowrider footage in the next Riptide....... Wez Fischer --> Run-In Air Forward OR... Michael "Ratt" Ostler --> Run-In Air Reverse! The guys got some sick shots, especially Alex Turoy. Hopefully 1 of these days a BB mag will get a Flowrider cover as these guys have been BOOSTING!!!!!!
  • BillybusterBillybuster
    August 2009
    Something different......
  • StJohnLombard_Bodyboarder
    August 2009
    How about a lifestyle / landscape shot for once??
  • shaun/westcoast
    August 2009
    RUPERT BACKFLIP @TAND :)
  • lyle
    August 2009
    a west caoast ripper dropping in on a stand up at tand! :twisted:
  • SmTSmT
    August 2009
    Yup, I reckon it's Jerry in Oz, going hard as usual!
  • ElementreeElementree
    August 2009
    So as some of you might have already seen. Cover boy for Issue 9 :: The Haole Chronicles is none other than Jared "Jerry" Houston busting a massive invert at OTW (Off The Wall), in Hawaii - photo by Maurice Aubuchon.

Jerry has been making quite a name for himself down under. Most recently having been snapped busting a huge backflip at Shark Island...

Well done on the cover shot Jerry and best of luck with the rest of your travels...

Plenty of you were close at guessing but no one got it spot on...so no hard liquor for any of you, but I might have to buy a couple rounds of soft drinks next time we bump into one another ;)
  • doclach
    August 2009
    Sickkkkkkkkkkkk cover shot.
    Shots like that really get me frothing and I reckon it gets the groms to push even harder to match that level of talent. Jerry is such a talented unit.

There were a coupe of people I know of that snapped Jerry's flip at SI, so wouldn't be surprised if it turns up somewhere apart from my mate's blog, if i it does i will be sure to give a holler.

Drinks wise i was a wooden spooner, so i will be lucky to get a FLAT soft drink :(

great to have the cover froth, got me thinking what it would be that is for sure.
    Doc
  • SPK
    August 2009
    Also, just got the Riptide out here in Oz and theres like a 4 page spread on SA, the Nomad guys cruising with Spex and shots of some large looking slabs at a place called "Devil's Horn"...nice coverage. Mark Watts also has a pic doing a revo aswell as some Afrikaans oke getting absolutely anihalated at a scary looking right ledge.
    Also a Saffa dictionary - too funny - explains words like 'dik", "Bru", "Braai" and "lekka"
    And some pics of Billy and Wes Fischer at D-Rex...good coverage for Saffas over here...Yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeowwww.
  • Jared HoustonJared Houston
    August 2009
    So stoked!YEWWWW!

Thanks guys,missing home plenty cant wait to get back in the water at home again.
  • doclach
    August 2009
    Jared Houston wrote:
    So stoked!YEWWWW!

Thanks guys,missing home plenty cant wait to get back in the water at home again.

Man, we love having you here, I've spoken to Dessie at Emerald and we have secret plan to kidnap you and keep you here mate. Your attitude is refreshing and your flying is sick-as. You deserve everything you get and hopefully that will be some more flow, unless spons have dark glasses and a white cane, they gotta see your sheer talent and ability to represent.
    All the best from the shredders here Jerry.
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.