Riptide

• JAMES bye
    August 2009
    howsit....

So lately i have seen that one of the main men from Riptide has been pretty active in the forums, i have also seen that the new riptide features an article on South Africa with spex.... Because it is such a mission for us saffas to get our hands on a riptide to hear what the ausies have to say about SA, i rate it would be pretty cool if doclach could maybe post what the article had to say???

Would be super awesome

Bodyboarding 665 views

13 Replies

• elemenohpee
    August 2009
    Ahh yes that would be sick, since we have to wait like 3 months for there latest issue.

Doc please

Chris J
  • DRLPhoto
    August 2009
    Hey Guys,

heres a scan of the article :D

3813795608_9caedaf9d9_b.jpg
    3812985843_81f77f995e_b.jpg
    3812988363_eb881a2cc7_b.jpg
    3813802398_5da6cfb584_b.jpg
    3812993157_0524891df7_b.jpg
    3813807174_c6389c87b0_b.jpg
    3813809534_f0ccc74ced_b.jpg
    3813812062_38003eb6f8_b.jpg

Peace

Dane
  • iammonster
    August 2009
    Awesome!!!!

Shot Dane, looks like a sick article mate!!

Big ups to Mark Watts, sacha and Beyers for all getting mental shots!!

http://www.iammonster.co.za
  • doclach
    August 2009
    good onya Dane.

Dane (DRLPhoto) is one of our rippy forum members from Queensland and a good bloke. I only met Dane in person this year at the first round of Shark island, he had driven the 1000 k's down and kipped down here in his car near the Island for a couple of nights while the contest was sorted. getting in the water with his new housing on the day of the comp.

Jamesbye or anyone else, if there is anything you ever want , just ask and super happy to give a hand with anything where possible.

yew!

Doc
  • johno
    August 2009
    hey guys dont wanna seem to egotistical but the shot of beyers vd merwe is me (Johno mellish) the caption is wrong.
    beyers did charge super hard and probably got one of the biggest sets of the day though.
    peace
  • iammonster
    August 2009
    aaaaaah Johno....

That blows man.... Farking mental sequence though mate!!! Good on ya that is huge!!

How was the beat down?
  • SmTSmT
    August 2009
    Eish, bummer Johno! At least you got a pic on a wave, better than sitting in a car with Baboons Balls next to your face, hahahaha!
  • doclach
    August 2009
    Hey Jonno,

that sux to the max man. It isn't egotistical at all bru - just accuracy as to who is doing what. I'll drop a note to the Editor (Tim Leeson) to let him know so it can be set right in the next issue (I notice that in the current issue there is an apology for misnalming the photograher for an escargot shot in #170, so this stuff happens).

Just thinking Jonno - would be mad to do an interview for the forum on your ride sequence at DH (wipeouts are a passion of mine, i love the things, so believe me it would be an absolute pleasure to do) and also your riding in general - in that we'd of course set things straight names-wise in the virtual world anyway . Would you be up for that?
    (I'll also put it in my mag review on the forum in the next few days)

Doc

Ps, as iammonster asked - how was the beatdown - looked heavvvvvvvyyy
  • johno
    August 2009
    yeah got sooo flogged going pretty fast underwater lost my board. hahhahhaha

pretty wierd/scary cause its hard to tell wich waves are gunna turn bad on you!
    super stoked to get a pic none-the-less!!!! :D

o yeah sick article. nice saffa lovin! keep them comin hahha
  • johno
    August 2009
    hey doc yeah thanks man !!!!...
    ill most defiantly be up for that!!! just send me an email at [email protected]
    thanks
  • doclach
    August 2009
    sick johno,
    email sent bra. hit me back and I'll get the interview together over the next few days.
    stokin,
    Doc
  • TiaanK
    August 2009
    Shweetness, the Devil's Horn has hit the bigtime in under a 2 years since the discovery. Twiggy is going to be frothang on that thang! Seek stuff, unlucky Jewno.
  • doclach
    August 2009
    Johnathan Mellish Interview is up on the Rippy forum at:

http://www.riptidemag.com.au/forum/view ... =18&t=3155

Cheers Johno,
    let us know if you folks are happy with how the interview turned out.

Cheers,

Doc
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.