SA champs write up??

• Kyle CabanoKyle Cabano
    October 2011
    Why is there no SA champs write up? I see there was for day 1 and 2 and days 3 and 4 but thats where it ends. Pretty swak i'd say! The sponsers want write ups. No photos either. Each year there is a full on write up on each days events as well as lots of high quality photos. I would have been more than happy to do this if people just said they need someone to do it.

With an attitude like this SA bodyboarding is going nowhere.

Bodyboarding 2,172 views

13 Replies

• scorpio
    October 2011
    Totally agree with you I do not even know which province won the Sa Champs.
    Sad state of bodyboarding in SA

• October 2011
    Absolute mess SA Bodyboarding is in. They will never encourage decent sponsors and the contests will eventually dwindle away with there current attitude and approach to running Bodyboarding. Even down to simple stuff there is no transparency. The latesty team selection for the world games been one of them. Clouded in mystery on how it was done.
  • Offaxis
    October 2011
    Kyle Cabano wrote:
    Why is there no SA champs write up? I see there was for day 1 and 2 and days 3 and 4 but thats where it ends. Pretty swak i'd say! The sponsers want write ups. No photos either. Each year there is a full on write up on each days events as well as lots of high quality photos. I would have been more than happy to do this if people just said they need someone to do it.

With an attitude like this SA bodyboarding is going nowhere.

Your vent should be towards SABA not Sixty40, SABA run SA champs and should be handling the updates and event write ups not Sixty40.
  • craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    October 2011
    Guys just chill it hasnt even been that long since SA champs was concluded...

Sunday, Monday and then the venting on Tuesday... 3 days!

As you may well be aware, regular contributor Simon Heale has been in Reunion covering the comp, you cant say he hasnt dished us all a lovely feast of content there :mrgreen:

Sure, we would all love an update as soon as humanly possible but we also need to remember that most guys have 24/7 jobs and dont have alot of free time or maybe even regular internet access...

The site doesnt employ anyone and Kelly does what he can with the time he has to give so it relys on people volunteering to do things like this.

Im sure there will be an updates soon but just give the guys a break, we have this awesome platform and we shouldnt sweating the small stuff, especially after only 3 days.

Regarding the comments about SA bodyboarding going downhill... on the contrary, SA bodyboarding has never been given so much respect and coverage until the last few months and the sport has been attracting sponsors we never even dreamt about :shock: its going one way and that is up IMO!

Hopefully we can get an update re the SA Champs soon so we can all be satisfied though and keep the stoke flowing though as I am also frothing to see the pics and read how it all went down 8)

Boogielove
  • Kyle CabanoKyle Cabano
    October 2011
    Im not blaming this on sixty40, merely voicing my opinion at a place meant for fellow boogers to communicate. And like i said, I would have been more than willing to do the updates including photos if someone had just asked. The house where i was staying with the rest of boland had WIFI and I had my camera with me each day.

And regarding site updates about other things that have also been slacking. Honestly, if you guys from the internet sixty40 need help shout out. Loads of us who are more than willing to help out.
  • KellyKelly
    October 2011
    Was sent the write-up today which I have posted: http://www.sixty40.co.za/news/931

Thanks to Marcel Habets for posting his photos.

I have sent an email to someone at SABA and will once again try to get things sorted. I have no affiliation with SABA but I will work with whoever wants to help promote SA bodyboarding.
  • kill4Youkill4You
    October 2011
    id just like to say that this site is siiick.. only place you can really come and get yourself wet over local spots, local riders etc etc like a south african bodyboarding facebook hahaha.

thanks 60/40 team.
  • craigtrilivascraigtrilivas
    October 2011
    Awesome stuff!

Yeah, I bowed out of bodyboarding for about 5 yrs due to a shark pheobia...

Then I stumbled across this site and to tell the truth it was basically the sole reason for me getting the stoke back.

Thanks Sixty40!!!
  • Inky
    October 2011
    Kyle Cabano -
    Quote:
    And regarding site updates about other things that have also been slacking. Honestly, if you guys from the internet sixty40 need help shout out. Loads of us who are more than willing to help out.

Ditto on that. I added some pics from a Derde steen session the other day but it seems that none of the user photos ever get to the front page, so as a result user submitted photos disappear into the background. Let the users keep the site alive bru.
  • kill4Youkill4You
    October 2011
    Inky wrote:
    Ditto on that. I added some pics from a Derde steen session the other day but it seems that none of the user photos ever get to the front page, so as a result user submitted photos disappear into the background. Let the users keep the site alive bru.

Some nice pics bro

http://www.sixty40.co.za/photo/22293?t=s&r=63&p=1
  • lyle
    October 2011
    Inky wrote:
    Kyle Cabano -
    Quote:

yeah sick shots of Derdesteen :D

Kelly, thanks to you SA has a Booger site, and we know and appreciate you run it in you spare time and its a great thing, so thank you very much. Some positive criticism, on the home page its always the most popular or most viewed right on top, maybe it should be latest uploads?? other than that, great work and keep it up. it is appreciated :!: :D :D
  • Inky
    October 2011
    Thanks dudes!
  • KellyKelly
    October 2011
    kill4You wrote:
    id just like to say that this site is siiick.. only place you can really come and get yourself wet over local spots, local riders etc etc like a south african bodyboarding facebook hahaha.

thanks 60/40 team.
    Inky wrote:
    Kelly, thanks to you SA has a Booger site, and we know and appreciate you run it in you spare time and its a great thing, so thank you very much. Some positive criticism, on the home page its always the most popular or most viewed right on top, maybe it should be latest uploads?? other than that, great work and keep it up. it is appreciated :!: :D :D

Thanks for the kudos and feedback. Not quite a Facebook but we try and glad you enjoy.
  • Post a Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Sixty40 Bodyboarding. All rights reserved.